: 2007 sts

Pac-rim Lube
06-27-09, 02:50 PM
Hello everyone, after 6 months of absolutely no help from an American car dealership and lies I am here to question anyone that may have an answer. I have been trying to connect my phone with the in vehicle bluetooth and every time I connect i get feed back and a loud screeeching noise. I am not sure if this is related but the Navi sounds like it is going to take off and grow rotors and fly the vehicle off to a distant planet. Of course, the dealership who is supposed to be a cadillac dealer says it is normal and there is nothing they can do with a system that is operating normally. I find it hard to believe that out of all the cadillac's out there that everyone has this issue. not to mention this equipment is made by Denso, so that would mean all the lexus's and other foreign vehicles have this same issue. anyone have any ideas?
thanks

American car dealers suk A$$. If I didn't have to deal with them Cadillac would be a great car! Now I know why they are bankrupt!!!!!!!! Of course my buddies Lexus dealers drives 50 miles to trade cars out to do an oil change and my brothers BMW dealer gives him a new car to drive while they do the free continued maintenance. So what is the problem with American automakers they sure think we are stupid? Of course I have had issues with the front end shaking and the inside of the tires were wearing and the answer was the tires were out of balance. So how can this happen after I just put new tires on the day before? Oh yea we are the customer and we are stupid!. Anyway sorry for the b@TCH SESSION. The dealers just piss me off. Were else can you go and trust someone?

Superjim
06-27-09, 04:53 PM
If the inside of the tires are wearing...the front end of the car is out of alignment.

MacMuse
06-27-09, 05:15 PM
Sorry, it's probably normal. iPhones are notorious for doing it. It's some kind of call setup error between the phone and the nav system. Most likely the tone is a normal part of the bluetooth setup sequence, but the car audio system is activating before the setup process completes (just an informed guess).

Most recently (iPhone 3G with the new 3.0 phone software), I have not had the noise since I changed the default setting on the car's Bluetooth config.
- delete the phone entry from the car
- delete the car entry from the phone
- pair them up again
- Don't make the phone the 'default' choice in the car menu. In the car bluetooth menu, the default entry shows with the phone's name underlined. Select the entry (hit the big button in front of the name so it turns white) and press the DEFAULT button to clear the phone as the default choice.

Yes, this means that you have to manually connect the phone each time you return to the car, but I accept that trade-off to avoid the bleeping buzz. At least until I get the buzz again.

This setting also prevents the car from taking over a phone call when you are near the car even though the car audio system is not active. The bluetooth senses the fob and comes alive and grabs the phone, even thought the audio system is off - you can't hear the call! That happened to me once when I was loading the trunk and I couldn't change the setting on my phone in time to save the call.

MacMuse
06-28-09, 12:04 PM
...and even after doing this repair / non-default trick - it still happens. 1 buzz out of 6 outbound calls. Better, but still annoying.

EChas3
07-02-09, 09:38 PM
Have you had the Nav Firmware upgraded? See:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/169519-bluetooth-google-htc-dream-g1.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/170159-nav-turn-instructions-dont-show-hud.html

And the best one with screen-shots:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/95721-nav-screen-diagnostic-mode-instructions.html

Otherwise, are you sure you have the latest firmware for the phone?

:bonkers:

Pac-rim Lube
07-06-09, 11:58 AM
Well, Let me try some of these and see what happens. I am sure it is something simple. Would it be a black berry issue? You know how finiky Blackberry's can be.
Thanks

amgqmp1
07-07-09, 08:26 PM
Each dealer is different...it doesn't matter what makes they sell. My best service experiences have been at my local Cadillac dealer. My worst have been across the street at the one Mercedes/BMW dealer we have.

Dougs06sts
07-08-09, 03:36 AM
Don't have the iPhone, but do have a G1 (3G), Blackberry Curve (3G) and a Nokia (Edge). All pair up as default and work flawlessly. I've heard plenty of iPhone complaints, so it could just be a phone issue. :banghead: Good luck !