: seatbelt warning light

ctsvett
07-19-04, 02:09 PM
Guys,
This questions was asked on the FAQ and my initial suggestion did not work.

"...theres one thing that I sure would like to change on my car thats the warning light that comes on on the instrument panel (the radio/nav screen) that sayes to fasten my seat belt and no i do not use my seat belts. Is ther a way I can take that warning off?"

My initial response was that there may be a connector under the seatbelt for the sensor which is NOT the case... No luck there...

Does anyone have an answer on this one? Also, lets keep the "you should really wear your seatbelt" flames to a minimium...

Thanks,

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

benjet
07-19-04, 02:29 PM
wiithout using any pyro tech - I think it's not something that can easily be done away with as the seatbelt is required for proper operation of the airbag which (when depoyed) would then trigger the call to Onstar indicating a crash. I think GM does NOT want this interrupted (easily?).

-Ben

Slick V
07-19-04, 03:42 PM
I would think that the seatbelt buckle would act as a ground of some type, when inserted into the lock it completes the circut and sends the signal to the box. If you took apart the locking mecanism maybe you could put an make shift ground so it thinks its connected.

I really dont know, just a thought.

TNT V
07-19-04, 03:55 PM
This may be too simple, but.......why don't you just buckle the belt and tuck it under the seat if you don't want to use it? On older cars it used to prevent the warning buzzer from sounding. :hmm: