: Fuel Injector O-Rings- Where go?

JimHare
06-27-09, 11:08 AM
Well, I'm almost done buttoning up after the plenum replacement (see TechTips forum..) but when I hooked up the battery and let the fuel pump run, I had leaks along all four front injectors..ooops! Disconnect battery again, and investigate. Turns out I lost one o-ring from the rail when it came loose from the injectors. Ok, so I replace the o-ring (thanks, NAPA) but after the second re-connect still leaks. I had just pushed the top O-ring up in to the female end of the plastic rail, since that's where a couple of them were on removal of the rails, but I'm not so sure that's where the top injector O-ring should go - I looks, on closer inspection, that the o-rings go ONTO the injector itself, as per attached picture. Can any one who's done this confirm? I'm kinda tired, not to mention leery, of leaking gas all over the top of the engine again...

So is this arrangement correct?

Thanks much!

JimHare
06-27-09, 12:30 PM
Update : Yep, they go on the injectors. A little finagaling, a tiny bit of white lithium grease, and they all went back in snug.
Started on first crank. Purrs like a kitten now.

Ranger
06-27-09, 01:11 PM
That is definitely where the go, but I'm not sure if lithium grease is good, bad or indifferent. All you need is a drop of engine oil. I suspect the grease won't hurt anything.