: First week with the V2-- 1100 miles

eyeballs19
06-26-09, 04:22 PM
A week ago I was sitting with Scott at Superior, 800 miles from home, doing the pre-flight briefing on my white w/ebony loaded manual. Scott had given me a great deal, and we had worked everything out in 3 days. That is THE way to buy a car.

The car was beautiful (perfect paint, by the way, at least to my eyes). Had a fantastic 800 mile, 12 hour blast home that day, varying the speed constantly but getting to know the car. And after another 300 miles this week, I have already developed strong impressions (mostly for those who are lurking like I was, trying to learn about the car):

-- first off, this thing is a total delight to drive. Everything you read is true. I have owned and driven some exceptional cars, but the overall balance of this car makes it the best I have driven-- it just all works together. The power is addicting, but I was surprised most by the manual tranny. It might be my favorite part of the car. Just love the linkage and the feel. It is so much better than my '08 Z06

-- the overall quality seems good. The V replaces an '03 BMW 540i, which was made of better plastics and is more finished (little things--they carpet the roof of the trunk), but the V has it where it counts. The Recaros are exceptional.

-- While the car has been great, and Scott was excellent to work with, I am a little disappointed with the local dealer and the factory. The car came from the factory with 4 wheels out of balance. Especially the fronts. Not a big deal while breaking it in since I never sat in a single speed band. But not what I expected-- my BMWs and Porsches have been like glass when new. Then when I went to the local dealer to do a 1K oil change and to balance the tires, they somehow killed the battery and had to keep the car for an extra day to check it out. I'm guessing that the wash dudes left it in accessory mode, but they claimed it was because they didn't park it in reverse. I know the manual says to do so, but does it really need to be in reverse to shut down the electronics like a C5? Not a great introduction to the service network.

So the car is amazing, and I grin just thinking about driving home. I just hope the rest of GM doesn't let down this stunning engineering accomplishment.

Brett

vperl
06-27-09, 12:57 AM
Scott has a following, but did he throw in a pig in the trunk for you ? He gives small gifts to those he really likes, I got the pig.
What he give you? Scott has still not sent me the capet cleaner though SCOTT !!

You will be more impressed as the days proceed. Get the logo mats, they are great, fit perfect and call them with the order, you will not screw the order up, if you call, ask for LLoyd

Tony407
06-27-09, 04:34 AM
You will be more impressed as the days proceed. Get the logo mats, they are great, fit perfect and call them with the order, you will not screw the order up, if you call, ask for LLoyd

I recently ordered the Lloyd mats with the V logo. Excellent fit and finish except for the trunk mat. There aren't any cut outs for the cargo net anchors, so the mat doesn't lie flat in the trunk and also pushes against the net itself.

The good news is that the company I purchased them from called the manufacturer, and they sent UPS to come out and pick up the trunk mat so they can alter it to fit properly. Talk about customer service!! Kudos to the online retailer I purchased them from, and to Lloyd Mats themselves!

I got them from Usspeed.com.

Tony

commander112
06-27-09, 08:20 AM
I never park my car in reverse. Never had a dead battery. I think your best guess is correct.

vperl
06-27-09, 03:39 PM
I recently ordered the Lloyd mats with the V logo. Excellent fit and finish except for the trunk mat. There aren't any cut outs for the cargo net anchors, so the mat doesn't lie flat in the trunk and also pushes against the net itself.

The good news is that the company I purchased them from called the manufacturer, and they sent UPS to come out and pick up the trunk mat so they can alter it to fit properly. Talk about customer service!! Kudos to the online retailer I purchased them from, and to Lloyd Mats themselves!

I got them from Usspeed.com.

Tony

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Did you get the LOGO V mats ? or the plain Caddy mats

The V logo can be adjusted to be showing to the front of showing to the front as you enter.

Which V option mat did you get, mine are fantaastic and fit perfect.... the snap in's are just right.
Auto Concepts Pride does a great job, they really have a quick
special order to delivery time....

Krug Ford
06-27-09, 03:41 PM
http://www.superiorcadillacgmc.com/specialtyvehicles.asp

Tony407
06-27-09, 07:20 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Did you get the LOGO V mats ? or the plain Caddy mats

The V logo can be adjusted to be showing to the front of showing to the front as you enter.

Which V option mat did you get, mine are fantaastic and fit perfect.... the snap in's are just right.
Auto Concepts Pride does a great job, they really have a quick
special order to delivery time....

Yes, the V logo.

Mine look the same or similar to yours, but I can't tell because your picture is too small. The V logo on Auto Pride Concepts' home page is identical to mine.

Are you saying you have the trunk mat as well, and it fits perfectly? Or just the floor mats.

And if I'm correct (again, it's hard to see in your picture) you have the Berber mats? I have the Lloyd Ultimats.

Tony

vperl
06-27-09, 07:47 PM
Yes, the V logo.

Mine look the same or similar to yours, but I can't tell because your picture is too small. The V logo on Auto Pride Concepts' home page is identical to mine.

Are you saying you have the trunk mat as well, and it fits perfectly? Or just the floor mats.

And if I'm correct (again, it's hard to see in your picture) you have the Berber mats? I have the Lloyd Ultimats.

Tony

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&7

Berber,correct

Get to the Oregon City shop to get your work done?

Tony407
06-27-09, 10:17 PM
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&7

Berber,correct

Get to the Oregon City shop to get your work done?

Yes, I did that today. But that's for a whole new thread. I think we've hijacked this one enough! Sorry Brett!

Tony

eyeballs19
06-27-09, 11:37 PM
Tony, No sweat. I need mats myself...

Thanks for the input on parking in reverse. The car has been starting fine since the dead battery, regardless of what gear I leave it in, so I'm convinced they just didn't shut it down. So strike one on the dealer, but the car is great.

Brett