: Mallett Fender Flares

Shinkaze
07-19-04, 01:14 PM
I noticed that Mallett is offering a fender flare package for the V ($742.50). Personally I hate that sort of stuff it isn't blended into the body work, but after seeing the spy pics of the "super" V I have to admit I love the way it looks.

"Super" V..or...CST-V Plus
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/8015_image.jpg

So does anyone have any information or pics of this? I would have emailed Mallett but I don't see a contact email address for them...

-Adam

Dreamin
07-19-04, 01:28 PM
Call them: 440-243-8550 and say those magic four letters: C-T-S-V... and you'll get Chuck Mallett on the phone...

At least that's been my experience the couple of times i've called. Oh, and have your questions ready... that guy *really* knows these cars

T_Dogg8
07-19-04, 01:51 PM
Call them: 440-243-8550 and say those magic four letters: C-T-S-V... and you'll get Chuck Mallett on the phone...

At least that's been my experience the couple of times i've called. Oh, and have your questions ready... that guy *really* knows these cars
i normally don't mind fender flares and had them on a custom widebody kit on my last car. however, the cts is more of a flatter car with sharper edges. the roundness of the flares doesn't seem to fit. i'm not saying they look bad, cuz i do think they look decent, but i think it looks better without.

Shinkaze
07-19-04, 02:24 PM
i normally don't mind fender flares and had them on a custom widebody kit on my last car. however, the cts is more of a flatter car with sharper edges. the roundness of the flares doesn't seem to fit. i'm not saying they look bad, cuz i do think they look decent, but i think it looks better without.I agree it is a matter of taste. I the reason I like them is the CTS looks very narrow from the rear and the wider stance and extra width makes the car look more aggressive IMOHO.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/7395_image.jpg

Note the above is a test mule, I'm sure a production car would have better fit and finish.

Slick V
07-19-04, 03:37 PM
I like that back shot, it does make the car look more aggressive. I want to see that shot of a V with 315's on the rears, make it look just outright violent. :devil:

T_Dogg8
07-19-04, 03:41 PM
if you notice the sideskirts, that car is slightly different. that look might not be bad. i like the look of the back like that and it's not too 'curvey' (i suddenly feel like i'm talking about a girl and not a car :hide: )

Shinkaze
07-19-04, 03:57 PM
if you notice the sideskirts, that car is slightly different. that look might not be bad. i like the look of the back like that and it's not too 'curvey' (i suddenly feel like i'm talking about a girl and not a car :hide: )
Good eye, The picture above is from a spy shot last year. This one is from a Spyshot from Nurburing and it does have a different Rocker.

http://thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/8016_image.jpg
http://www.autoweek.com/weekart/2004/0531/0531caddyex_rear.jpg

To my untrained eye, it looks like the later car wears bigger tires too (the rims are different).

Shinkaze
07-19-04, 03:58 PM
FWIW I preffer the CTS without the spoiler....

Chuck C
07-19-04, 04:40 PM
For those who want an aggressive look and don't want your 275+ tires to stick out, those fender flares are win-win (i.e. PIMP!!)

StealthV
07-19-04, 05:35 PM
...with 315's on the rears, make it look just outright violent. :devil:

:yup: :yup:

T_Dogg8
07-20-04, 07:48 AM
FWIW I preffer the CTS without the spoiler....
me too. and i don't think i like the wide side skirts. i think they're a little much. if they weren't quite so wide, i would like them.

RobertCTS
08-03-04, 07:11 AM
I like the looks but what I don't like is the "Bolt On" look. IMO it looks like flares off a F-150 pick up.

Shinkaze
08-03-04, 08:56 AM
I like the looks but what I don't like is the "Bolt On" look. IMO it looks like flares off a F-150 pick up.
Typically I only go for them if they're intergrated into the body panels like in the BMW M3.

FWIW I didn't call Mallett, figured there was no point bothering him until I put a CTS-V on order.

Slick V
08-03-04, 09:15 AM
I like the style of the CTS-VR, there really fluid, not stuckout and obtrusive to the body lines.

CTSV_Scott
08-03-04, 12:54 PM
I've gone back and forth on the flares myself. This posting got me all wound up again so I called Mallett Cars and talked to I believe Chuck (sounded like his voice) about the flares. Sadly GM hasn't given him permission to sale the flares as of today. Not sure on a time line for approval. I'll keep checking and I'll post if the status changes.

cts-vette
08-03-04, 11:04 PM
Anyone know if the Z06 rims and tires will fit nicely on the V?

Shinkaze
08-03-04, 11:45 PM
I've gone back and forth on the flares myself. This posting got me all wound up again so I called Mallett Cars and talked to I believe Chuck (sounded like his voice) about the flares. Sadly GM hasn't given him permission to sale the flares as of today. Not sure on a time line for approval. I'll keep checking and I'll post if the status changes.Why does Mallett need GM approval to sell the flares?
:hmm:

CTSV_Scott
08-04-04, 09:13 AM
Anyone know if the Z06 rims and tires will fit nicely on the V?

Mallett is going to offer Z06 look rims for the V.

CTSV_Scott
08-04-04, 09:15 AM
Why does Mallett need GM approval to sell the flares?
:hmm:

Not sure! I think it has something to do with Mallett building/being part of the Super V project.

Shinkaze
08-04-04, 12:12 PM
Not sure! I think it has something to do with Mallett building/being part of the Super V project.
Neat! :D

5CTRVET
08-04-04, 01:12 PM
Mallett has several parts that are not officially available yet...waiting for GM approval. I guess it is one of the drawbacks of being in the "in" crowd and getting your hands on early production, or even pre-production, vehicles for product development.

Bill