: News on my GM iPhone App re: CTS-V

JimsCTSV
06-26-09, 06:41 AM
Today I updated my GM app which hadn't been working with the new iPhone. I guess GM made it 3.0 compatible. Anyway, I was just checking it out and saw two News items that I thought I would share. Since they are not dated, I am not sure how old they are. Here are the highlights.

Title: Clearing the air a little
By: David Caldwell

"Twitter and the web are bubbling with comments about the future of some high-performance cars. Let me try to clear the air here, as is often the case some stuff is valid and some stuff isn't.

The new CTS-V is off to a good start. We've sold roughly 1,000 units so far this year - which is good for a specialty/niche model of this type. We're very pleased with the excellent reception CTS-V is getting from customers, auto enthusiasts, and the press. It's a very important aspect of Cadillac. Anyone claiming it's going away is NOT accurate. CTS is the centerpiece of Cadillac, successful on many counts. The CTS-V is a big part of that success. I can't put it any more plainly than that."

He also mentions the disbanding of the GM Performance Division and says "High Performance Cars existed before that organization was founded...and they will exist after it's gone. For instance, Cadillac's V-Series continues. We are working on future V-Series projects, though too soon to detail what they are."

Title: Don't Believe Everything You Read
By: Does not say

"There have been a few reports claiming or speculating about all sorts of changes at Cadillac. Let's clear some of that up, OK?

There are no significant changes to Cadillac's product plans or our basic strategy and outlook. There have been some speculative reports about big recent changes to our future product lineup. Don't believe everything you read - a lot of the speculation is inaccurate. Of course, I'm not going to go through all of what our long-term plans are. Too early for that. But those claiming that we're making major philosophical shifts or big product changes in recent days and weeks are just not correct."

The writer then goes on about two new cars this summer - the new SRX Crossover and the CTS Sports Wagon, and the launch of the CTS Coupe next year.

I just thought you all might be interested in reading these comments. As I said, I have been without the app for over a week, so I don't know when these articles first appeared.

Jim

neuronbob
06-26-09, 10:16 AM
Yup this news is already old (April-May timeframe IIRC), but we appreciate the effort. :thumbsup:

We've already done a lot of Mythbusting about our V2 going away on this forum in the last two months.

Florian
06-26-09, 10:48 AM
V3?

F

vperl
06-26-09, 08:59 PM
MORE WORN information posted here many times

GM-4-LIFE
06-27-09, 03:23 PM
JimsCTSV,

The iPhone has a GM app? I never knew this.

I was thinking of getting the iPhone 3GS and was on the fence as everyone around me got one, but if they have a GM app, I may just have to take the plunge.

Let me know. PM me!

Thanks!

SG

JimsCTSV
06-27-09, 05:08 PM
Aero, I can't PM since I have only a few posts here. But yes, there is an app called GM Mobile in the iTunes App Store. It has News, Notes, Photos, Video, and some other information categories.

I hadn't seen those 2 articles I mentioned until recently, so I don't know how quickly it is updated. I see some people are saying this is old news, I just hadn't actually seen it from GM themselves until I saw it on the iPhone app, and I have done several Google searches. But certainly, I may have missed it elsewhere.

I wouldn't get the iPhone 3GS on the basis of the GM App alone, but I can tell you that for me, it is a great device. Depending on what you would use it for, I don't think you would be unhappy with it. Let me know if you have any questions. You can PM me and if you give me your email, I can respond.

Jim