: window stuck down - switch advice

lochenjons
06-26-09, 12:36 AM
some of you may know that my caddy got t-boned a couple years ago. i did most of the repair myself and i dont know what happened but the front passenger window wont roll down all the way because it pushes the cables that run from the window motor to the window switch down. and if it goes far enough, the wires will disconnect from the switch and its a pain to get them back into place.

this time the window is almost all the way down and theres no way that the wires can reach the switch. so i'm wondering if i can jump any of the wires to start the motor going up. i made a ghetto electrical diagram of whats in my chiltons manual so maybe someone can help me with it. pink is hot, i found that out but i dont know which other wires need to touch in order for the window to come back up any help would be nice thank you

edit: the upper box is labeled as RH FRONT POWER WINDOW SWITCH and the bottom one is labeled as RH FRONT POWER WINDOW MOTOR
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/478/switchc.jpg

maloCoupe
06-26-09, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a little trial and error is in order. Pick a color:hmm:

lochenjons
06-27-09, 01:19 PM
i think my best bet is to cut the wires and just splice in longer ones so it will reach :bonkers: grrr