: Toyota Motor Finance Company - A Short Rant

TorquedWench
06-25-09, 07:50 AM
Sort of a combination public service announcement/vent about this company..

So three weeks ago I bought a 2005 DeVille from a friend who used this company for his financing on it. I paid about 1/3 up front and financed the rest through my credit union...who then sent Toyota a check for the balance owed.

My friend and I exchanged the title and a bill of sale. He bought another car..I took his home. Then last week Toyota withdrew another payment from his bank account. He calls them - they never received the check from my CU, supposedly. Now he's a bit angry...so he calls my CU. They apologize..say that they'll wait until Monday and then if Toyota still hasn't cashed the check..they'll stop payment, call them and get a physical address and then send a new check by Fed Ex.

So, Monday comes around...check wasn't cashed. MY CU follows through and overnights a new check which was signed for at the address they provided at 8:45 Tuesday morning. So last night my friend calls and they still hadn't posted the check. I happened to stop by and overheard the conversation he had with their customer service person..who was the snottiest little b*tch...the conversation went on forever..but I'll summarize..
the newest payment wasn't logged because it was sent to an address that doesn't accept payments. They gave that address to my credit union because they'd asked for a physical address, but they don't actually accept payments at that address so when they got the FedEx package..they forwarded it to the PO Box that the first payment was sent to 3 weeks ago to begin with...but it SHOULD be posted within 5 business days.

Unbelievable.

And I'm supposed to have the title transferred within 30 days...but I'm guessing that at this rate, it will be November before I see the lien release :(

Sandy
06-25-09, 10:04 AM
Toyota, Ummm, heard the name, somewhere, not sure who or what they are or what they sell or make. White bread, I think, maybe not.
Not at all familiar with them.

Point made. Time for a :alchi:

Rolex
06-25-09, 11:32 AM
THis is why I believe the old 30 day rule is cutting it a little too tight in some cases. Sounds like Toyopet is right on top of things.

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 12:21 PM
Who the hell finances a Cadillac with Toyota Motor Finance? I'm not even sure how that got by their internal review to begin with.

TorquedWench
06-25-09, 01:03 PM
I think he bought it used at a Toyota Dealer..and got a pretty good deal because of it...it was a trade-in.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-25-09, 01:17 PM
Who the hell finances a Cadillac with Toyota Motor Finance? I'm not even sure how that got by their internal review to begin with.

Why would you trade in your Cadillac for a Toyota anyway?

iowasevillests
06-25-09, 01:24 PM
Why would you trade in your Cadillac for a Toyota anyway?

Why would you trade anything in for a Toyota?? But then thats partially my bias against anything with Toyota/Kia/Hyundai/Honda on the grill

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 02:07 PM
I think he bought it used at a Toyota Dealer..and got a pretty good deal because of it...it was a trade-in.

Hmm... I've tried to use Motor Company financing before on Preowneds and they always tell me that they can not use their finance company on something that isn't new or a Certified Pre-Owned of THEIR brand name.

I never tried with a Toyota dealer though, how odd.

TorquedWench
06-25-09, 02:50 PM
I'm guessing that the person who traded it in on the Toyota did so because their average MPG's when he got the car was 16.9. Must've been mostly bad driving habits though..because he always got over 20 mpg on the average..and I'm getting about 19.5.
I'm sure whoever owned it before regretted it later. It's a really nice car and I'm happy to be owning it..despite the fact that the window regulator (?) broke on the first day and then the shop dented the door and are trying to convince me that I can just pound out the dent and touch up the paint chips (he had a fit when I handed him the $900 estimate) and then after I got it back the brakes started vibrating and had to be replaced.. :)

Ranger
06-25-09, 03:11 PM
Why would you trade anything in for a Toyota?? But then thats partially my bias against anything with Toyota/Kia/Hyundai/Honda on the grill
:thumbsup:

AMGoff
06-25-09, 06:03 PM

I wouldn't lump Hyundai into that group... While I've always bought domestic and plan on only ever doing so, if for some reason I were to ever buy an Asian vehicle - it would most definitely be a Hyundai. I will never buy a Japanese car - period. However, Hyundai is making some pretty decent vehicles these days - well-built, well-priced, and still with a warranty that no one else can touch.

Best of all, there are still many people out there who still subscribe to the line of thought that "It's still a Hyundai." I really like that the brand doesn't carry any kind of cachet, which means that used prices aren't affected by fools who buy cars simply because of the badge they're affixed to.

All in all... I have a lot of respect for Hyundai. They've come a long way over the past 10-15 years and they did it the right way - by continuously releasing newer and better models, consistently improving upon their existing models, and most importantly by proudly standing behind their more than anyone else in the industry.

The proof of which is in the pudding, so to speak... Sales are up, customer retention is up, and they're competitive in their segments - most especially with cars like the Genesis.

Seeing as how far they have come in such a relatively short amount of time, I can only imagine what sort of products will be rolling off the assembly line ten years from now. With the exception of GM and Chrysler... There is no other company whose future models I look forward to as much as Hyundai.

And that says an awful lot coming from a person such as myself...

As far as the original post is concerned... I'm not surprised. Toyota has sacrificed an awful lot of what made them successful to begin with in order to chase the #1 spot. If they aren't careful... They'll eventually travel down the same road GM has.

Ranger
06-26-09, 10:49 AM
I will never buy a Japanese car - period.
Adam, what do you think Hyundai is?

ejguillot
06-26-09, 03:34 PM

Hyundai is South Korean, part of the Hyundai group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Kia_Automotive_Group

Ranger, were you under the impression that Hyundai was a Japanese brand?

Sandy
06-26-09, 04:25 PM
He has Asian mixed up with Japanese. (I AM NOT letting him order for me in a restaurant! :))

Playdrv4me
06-26-09, 04:30 PM

:hmm:

gary88
06-26-09, 04:37 PM
Hyundai is definitely becoming a reputable brand. Though I still have no desire to ever own one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-26-09, 05:18 PM
It would be a fun day to drive a Hyundai on a Sunday.

Playdrv4me
06-26-09, 06:20 PM
It would be a fun day to drive a Hyundai on a Sunday.

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

:p

Ranger
06-26-09, 06:27 PM
Yup, though it was Japanese. :hide: Smart choice Sandy.

orconn
06-26-09, 08:02 PM
Don't feel bad Ranger, to many Americans they all look alike!

Ranger
06-26-09, 10:01 PM
I almost said that. :)

dkozloski
06-26-09, 11:24 PM
Asians claim that the round eyes all look alike.

Sandy
06-26-09, 11:52 PM
If a gun was put to my head & I was forced to buy a lower to mid priced foreign car, say under $36,000 it would be a Hyundai Azzera Limited, peqrl white with dark chocolate leather, pipped in light beige. they are simply beautiful, well made, good dealer support.

I would select that over any other Asian car, other than the $155,000 Lexus which I cannot afford & if I could...I would not spend that kinda $$$ on a car.

AMGoff
06-27-09, 12:34 AM
If a gun was put to my head & I was forced to buy a lower to mid priced foreign car, say under $36,000 it would be a Hyundai Azzera Limited, peqrl white with dark chocolate leather, pipped in light beige. they are simply beautiful, well made, good dealer support.

I would select that over any other Asian car, other than the $155,000 Lexus which I cannot afford & if I could...I would not spend that kinda $$$ on a car.

Sandy... You never cease to confuse me, my friend!

If one were to spend $36,000 on a Hyundai... Then how the hell would it possibly not be on the Genesis?? Are you certain you don't have the two mistaken...? I mean... The Azera doesn't come close to that price, even in Limited trim it only starts at $29K and tops out barely at $31K for a fully-loaded model and that's at MSRP - which you and I both know can usually be talked down from quite a bit.

However, the 3.8L, 290-horse V6 powered Genesis starts a mere $1K more than a loaded Azera at $32K... and the whole-hog, 375-horse V8 Genesis starts at $37K MSRP. There's an option package for the V6 model to add all of the V8 model's features and accessories for $3K and another which adds the 4.6L's 18-inch wheels for an additional $1K. There's only one option available for the V8 model - the $4K Technology package, which adds a Navigation system, backup camera, bluetooth phone, cooled seats, front and rear park assist, and automatic leveling and directional adaptive headlamps... A whole lot for $4K. The Tech package is available on the V6 model, but only after the other equipment package. A fully loaded V6 model tops out around $40K and the V8 around $42K MSRP.

Either way... With it starting at only $1K more than a loaded Azera, I can't possibly see how one wouldn't go with the Genesis instead... It's RWD, has a more powerful and more efficient V6, comes with plenty of goodies as standard, and if they weren't enough you can get all of the V8's luxury features for a total of $4K more than the loaded Azera... All in a car that's much more well-built and (IMO) much more handsome.

While a decent car, personally speaking... The Azera simply pales in comparison to the Genesis - especially relative to price.

V-Eight
06-27-09, 01:06 AM
Asians claim that the round eyes all look alike.

Which is funny, because we actually have different hair and eye colours.

tdyguy2k
06-28-09, 12:24 AM

Back in the mid 80's, my in-laws traded their Merc 450SL for a Chrysler New Yorker, the ultra priced K-car. :histeric::histeric::histeric:

Drove it for about 7 months, went to trade it for a BMW, and lost around $12K. Must be nice to be rich and have money to just throw away. :helpless: