: New member, new 09 CTS-V owner as of 06/24/2009

SlvrBullIT
06-25-09, 02:04 AM
Ladies and Gents,

I've been looking at posts etc and reserved my intro until now. Today I purchased a new 09 CTS-V (Recaro/Nav/Sunroof delete/Auto) beast! :lildevil:
It's a gorgious Silver with Ebony interior, I wanted a Thunder Grey, but apparently every other CTS-V fan boy wants that color too. It was a tossup with Red and Silver but alas, no Red available either so.... Silver/ebony it is.

I did have one issue, one wheel was severely curb or wall scratched and the dealer said it will be replaced when I wanted to come back for the detail and plate placement. :thumbsup: After everything was finally done and keys handed over @ like 9PM I drove some 30+ miles back home.

I have owned and modded 2 camaros, 1 trans-am and switched over to Toyota/Lexus due to quality issues with the previous GM products I owned. I recently gradumwaited with my Masters and had no vehicle I could call my own, but I had a good paycheck to get a good car The wife had the Lexus.... SO.... After much hem and hah I was looking for a *ah hem*.... "fun sedan"...nudge nudge...Sports car in 4 door clothing... :D

Was looking at IS-F, M3, M5, E63 AMG etc.... Until I saw the CTS-V....wow
Then I watched John from the HPV group do the Nuremberg ring...Wow
Then I watched more videos and car reviews....WOwwww :yup:
Then I watched Top Gear Season 12 Episode 2 WTF?! the Brits liked the ZR1 and CTS-V..... (um honey...I'm going out to *cough* buy a car *cough*.. be right back...xoxoxo) BAM SOLD... In the drive way :D:D:D

Initial review: ( Truth be told, I did test drive one last week and bought the same one today)
Ride is AWESOME, have this road on the way home I affectionately call WTF POS SOB washboard road; this road, I swear, would be smoother as an unpaved and redefined unimproved back woods fire road then what it is right now. Potholes take up more surface area than the asphalt!!!, cracks crevices dips etc. This road is piss poor, but the CTS-V rode over it like a champ, I even clinched my teeth expecting teeth rattling jolting to occur..... but it never did. :cloud9:
The Auto is smooth, I didn't get on it because I wanted to break it in nice since this was such a prestigious car and I didn't want to jinx it like I did my last model year Camaro SS that chased the 93 octane with oil shooters. So far this car is impressing me. I take issue with the left driver side thigh bolster wanting to give me a wedgey when I get into the car but what the hell, it's high to keep me in place so....deal with it!!! One thing I wish it had was the HUD from the ZR1, WTH it gets its MR shocks and motor, why stop at the HUD :annoyed:

Anyhoo I give the initial 50 some odd mile initial quality and impress factor a :2thumbs:

A few ?'s I have....What is a good and reasonable breaking in period to treat with semi-kid gloves before I start thrashing ricers?

Anyone done the V700 package from John Hennessey?

Any CTS-V owners in the San Antonio, Austin area want to get together some where that has cold beers and BBQ to discuss or show off mods? :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

lavaman
06-25-09, 12:42 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

I was torn between the radiant silver/ebony and what I ultimately chose...white. It was a tough choice, the silver is beautiful!
:thumbsup:

neuronbob
06-25-09, 12:54 PM
Congrats!

And you can start beating on it a little after 500 miles, as noted in the owner's manual. :thumbsup: So 450 miles to go for you. :)

...and far as that Top Gear episode, that helped me, too. I'm still waiting for Clarkson to do a review of the V2. Hopefully this time he'll turn the key nub to "off" before stepping out of the car to avoid all the "bongs".

Caddyscat
06-25-09, 06:56 PM
I know of a road like the MFSOB pothole road you speak of. I will take it when mine shows up. I know my '02 WS6 sounds like it's gonna fall apart when I drive on it.

Great review.

PLEASE post pics of your ride.

Ed

SlvrBullIT
06-25-09, 06:57 PM
Yeah the bong thing would drive me nuts too....

dvandentop
06-25-09, 07:02 PM
awesome story, congrats, i cant wait to pick one up, my z06 will have to tide me over on the track for now (cant wait to have a V for the daily driver

SlvrBullIT
06-25-09, 07:24 PM
PICS!!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2465/3661416516_80f4b79ea3_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/3660619743_da2642ce73_o.jpg

2Vast4U
06-25-09, 07:38 PM
Wow! That is so nice! Congrats on that baby. Treat her well and go eat some M5's.

I actually like the silver better than thunder gray, you can see the lines on the car best in silver.

NeedCTS-v
06-25-09, 07:47 PM
Let us know if you find yourself in Austin... I'll meet up with you for a drive and some Q. Sweet car BTW!

neuronbob
06-25-09, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I say again that silver is the fastest color. Thanks for the pix.

SlvrBullIT
06-25-09, 07:58 PM
I'm usually in Austin on the weekends.... Can meet @ Rudy's, County Line what have you, still looking for a close road track and people to talk to in person about mods etc. Let me know when a good time for meeting is for you, I usually work M-Thur (nights), but this week and next I have the weekend shift.

RWFJR
06-25-09, 08:37 PM
Congrats on your new baby!:) Sorry but I got your Thunder Gray/Light Titanium/Ebony Accents V2 several months ago. Actually they had two at Dew Cadillac in St. Petersburg. Black was one (too hot/temperature wise) Thunder Gray was my choice.

:thehand: One very important thing you need to be aware of with your new V2. Over the next several weeks/months, you will be sitting at home in your recliner thinking of the best excuse to go out to get something and before you know it, you are riding around town in your new V2 and forgot which excuse you came up with this time!!! :bouncy:

Have fun!:thumbsup:

SlvrBullIT
06-26-09, 03:55 AM
^^^^
Lol, wife is already shaking her head when I say..."let's go here..." She is now more worried that I go kill myself in this car over me cheating

SlvrBullIT
06-26-09, 09:43 PM
Little update post a few hundred miles and first tank of gas.... Was getting 19.4MPG mixed 80/20 Hwy/City driving...Not bad :thumbsup:
When I test drove this Caddy last week a CEL popped during the drive, he told me the service techs found that it popped for a bad spark plug :confused: Hopefully no tip was broken off and rattleing inside with the piston... :tisk:
So @ 500 or 1000 miles should I change out all the fluids? with AMSoil mehbe :confused:
Also what is the stock pressure supposed to be in the tires? 32lbs? (hot) 30(cold)?
Has anyone done the nitrogen fill on the stock pilots?

Was reading the book stuff, I know...I'm a nerd, apparently their is sealant and an inflater under the lid in the truck...:thumbsup:

For all those with Verizon, the hands-free calling that comes on the car can be linked to your Verizon account :2thumbs:

Any other tidbits is wanted and accepted here.... :worship:

Thanks!!!

Tony407
06-27-09, 04:24 AM
Congrats on your purchase!!

I'm sure you will continue to love her.

Tony

SlvrBullIT
06-27-09, 04:44 AM
^^^^
Yes it will :p:p:p

Got my first compliment yesterday at Autozone, was getting Octane boost.
Anyone got their favorite boost brand?

Gary Wells
06-27-09, 09:10 AM
I would definitely not "put the can" or use any octane booster in one of these fine cars without posting up a query on that same subject on this forum. Octane booster will plug the cats and wipe out a 02 sensor if they run one, and I suspect that they do. I would not use anything other than unleaded such as 93, or all the way up to 100 octane unleaded mixed with 91 or 93. Canned octane booster is not what you think that it is.

thunder gray
06-27-09, 10:46 AM
Congratulations, keep us posted on your impressions and tips. Delivery of my 09 V expected within the next 2 wks. Thunder Gray/Ebony all options except polished wheels & block heater.:thumbsup:

Gary Wells
06-27-09, 01:46 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/159452-what-about-octane-boost.html

SlvrBullIT
06-27-09, 09:14 PM
Damn so I'm guessing the Chevron Techron is bad for the car too!!!!

Gary Wells
06-27-09, 11:06 PM
Damn so I'm guessing the Chevron Techron is bad for the car too!!!!
No, I am thinking that Chevron Techron is good for all gasoline powered vehicles, or so I have always heard, and if they make the claim that it raises the octane level, I would bet that it does not raise it substantially. I intend to put in at lease a few gals of 100 octane unleaded (available from a few pumps in the Republik of kalifornication) to mix with a few gals of 91 (when I get one of these) just to see if there is a difference. But no octane booster and no lead substitutes. I might try one full tank just for the heck of it. Probably about $9.00 a gal where available now.

vperl
06-28-09, 12:21 AM
No, I am thinking that Chevron Techron is good for all gasoline powered vehicles, or so I have always heard, and if they make the claim that it raises the octane level, I would bet that it does not raise it substantially. I intend to put in at lease a few gals of 100 octane unleaded (available from a few pumps in the Republik of kalifornication) to mix with a few gals of 91 (when I get one of these) just to see if there is a difference. But no octane booster and no lead substitutes. I might try one full tank just for the heck of it. Probably about $9.00 a gal where available now.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I heard in Kalifornication that all English speakers must have a travel permit if they travel farther than 50 miles from their registered address with the state

Tony407
06-28-09, 01:43 AM
Is there a particular reason any of us would need octane boost to begin with? My understanding is that unless you increase your boost above that which the engine/supercharger was designed for, then you shouldn't need anything higher than a decent-grade premium unleaded.

I have a Kenne Bell supercharger on my Mustang, and they recommend Torco as well. But then again, it should only be used when needed. In my case, the Mustang is tuned to run with premium unleaded with 8 psi boost I believe. You could also use octane boost in the unfortunate event that you accidentally filled the tank with a lower octane gasoline.

Anyway, my .02.

Tony

SlvrBullIT
06-28-09, 01:52 AM
I did it because the dealer filled this tank and the next, so I got the octane boost incase they went cheap. Also put in the techron in case they went WAYYYYY cheap.... This car already had a CEL for spark plug.......wonder if it was fouled or what......... I've read the other thread where someone else had spark plug issue too.... Wonder if it was from bad supplier or are they getting fouled???

marktanner
06-28-09, 02:16 AM
My dealer routinely replaces all the air with Nitrogen, for no charge. The pressures do change less than with regular air, so you don't need to add air as much. that is a good thing because Nitrogen is not as easy to find. I've been running with the pressures a bit higher than factory spec, about 32-33 PSI, and so far there is less degradation on the tire shoulders than at 30, but I tend to corner very hard.

Gary Wells
06-28-09, 06:22 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I heard in Kalifornication that all English speakers must have a travel permit if they travel farther than 50 miles from their registered address with the state
If not enacted into law by today, probably will be by tomorrow. Sometimes roadside checks on portable dynos for smog, too. Just doubled our license plate fees, too. State sales tax on a new '09 CTS-V is only going to run me about $6K, too, think about that, too, & first year license plate fees on same will run about $900. God bless Kali, (we need all of the blessing that we can get).

vperl
06-28-09, 10:37 AM
If not enacted into law by today, probably will be by tomorrow. Sometimes roadside checks on portable dynos for smog, too. Just doubled our license plate fees, too. State sales tax on a new '09 CTS-V is only going to run me about $6K, too, think about that, too, & first year license plate fees on same will run about $900. God bless Kali, (we need all of the blessing that we can get).

in the land of leftists in our big valley... My state has little or none..
but we have crooks, liars, thieves, and leftists running most of the towns cities and state goverment.
Cost me 180 bucks 4 years licence & Title and rest including what is called : Group Plates", not to be confused with "ego" plates

You do have to have a permit to travel here and a fee of 50K to get papers to stay, I will forward to my account ...I mean an account to you to submit the 50K

Tony407
06-28-09, 02:19 PM
What the heck are you guys talking about? Travel papers? English speakers? 50 miles?

Tony

vperl
06-28-09, 02:28 PM
What the heck are you guys talking about? Travel papers? English speakers? 50 miles?

Tony
Your not an native Oregonian, I cannot tell State secrets.

You may apply also, if you have not already I will send you a form, that will assure you a place away from the , who ever is Governor, the "MAN" that taxes all spends all

BTW the license & Title costs I quoted are for FOUR years

tbss08
06-28-09, 05:31 PM
$430 for tax and license for the first year here in Indiana. Sales tax was about $3200. Better than when I was stationed in VA though, they tried to get $1200 for my 96 Impala SS, soldiers and sailors act is a good thing.

Congrats on the ride, I've had mine for just about three months and 3000 miles of smiles. My wife swears I have more fun with this than the past two Z06's I've had.
:yup::yup:

vperl
06-28-09, 05:50 PM
$430 for tax and license for the first year here in Indiana. Sales tax was about $3200. Better than when I was stationed in VA though, they tried to get $1200 for my 96 Impala SS, soldiers and sailors act is a good thing.

Congrats on the ride, I've had mine for just about three months and 3000 miles of smiles. My wife swears I have more fun with this than the past two Z06's I've had.
:yup::yup:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

You gotta love your taxes..... and registration......
I paid no sales tax, and FOUR years of licence and Title cost $180 . Even with a specility plate, called a "group plate" not to be confuse with the "ego plates" of the wanna bees......

Gary Wells
06-28-09, 09:02 PM
You guys make me sick.
Well green with envy really. Republik of kali rapes you really bad on these items.

RightTurn
06-28-09, 09:16 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2465/3661416516_80f4b79ea3_o.jpg

Gorgeous! Congrats.

SlvrBullIT
06-28-09, 10:27 PM
Almost past the 500 mile mark.... Seriously how do you stay under 70mph and vary speeds till the 500mile mark as per the Owners Manual?!?!?!?!?
<sarcastic> Run a series of 0 - 60 tests </sarcastic>

So anyone an AMSoil dealer in San Antonio or Austin area? :)
Also if anyone knows a good detail shop in SA / Austin let me know......

SlvrBullIT
06-28-09, 10:28 PM
@RightTurn Thanks for the compliment :)

Tony407
06-28-09, 11:28 PM
Your not an native Oregonian, I cannot tell State secrets.

You may apply also, if you have not already I will send you a form, that will assure you a place away from the , who ever is Governor, the "MAN" that taxes all spends all

BTW the license & Title costs I quoted are for FOUR years

Uhhh. Okay. :alchi:

Tony

vperl
06-28-09, 11:53 PM
Uhhh. Okay. :alchi:

Tony

Tony you a Veteran? if so I can get you signed up for AA or other programs. I noticed you gave your secret away.
Just ask, help is there

dmr_in_il
06-29-09, 11:05 PM
Hey all, you can "pay to play" here in IL. I accept all payments. :lildevil:

Doug

vperl
06-29-09, 11:17 PM
Hey all, you can "pay to play" here in IL. I accept all payments. :lildevil:

Doug

I've heard your corner is very busy.

:o

SlvrBullIT
07-02-09, 10:35 PM
New photos after dealer detail and tinting done, got a little "friendly" this morning with the road. Ummm, thinking anything past half throttle....WHOA NELLIE!!!!! Needless to say, the VSC light was "on" a few times :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3683545354_2b9017f1f6_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2444/3683540254_4045696457_o.jpg

Tint was flawless, so was the detail......
Dealer was nice enough to put the plates on...sans the front ones!!!! :thumbsup:

SlvrBullIT
07-02-09, 10:42 PM
Moreover, I have received a half dozen, "thumbs up" and looks, with a few *whistle* "nice car". One guy even said, wow..."nice sleeper" when I was getting gas; made me giddy like a school girl :D
No M5's have tested me, but I did wake myself up the other day driving home, trucks in the middle lane going slow, inattentive cell talker in the left lane, of course, and open right lane; throttled up, signaled right, went to the right lane, accelerator to 3/4 and WHOOOOAAAAA *holy $H!7 wide eye WTF* acceleration to really GD fast..... :yup:

vperl
07-02-09, 10:50 PM
Moreover, I have received a half dozen, "thumbs up" and looks, with a few *whistle* "nice car". One guy even said, wow..."nice sleeper" when I was getting gas; made me giddy like a school girl :D
No M5's have tested me, but I did wake myself up the other day driving home, trucks in the middle lane going slow, inattentive cell talker in the left lane, of course, and open right lane; throttled up, signaled right, went to the right lane, accelerator to 3/4 and WHOOOOAAAAA *holy $H!7 wide eye WTF* acceleration to really GD fast..... :yup:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

SB, I heard a story about a V2 owner on I-80 westbound going up a very long pretty steep hill, rumored he stepped on the fuel a tad past 3/4 pedal
looked at the spedo, whoops 135.... Damn..... he was not even trying, that V, it is rumored was Radiant Silver, the fastest V2 color.
but, that is the story.

SlvrBullIT
07-02-09, 11:10 PM
:shhh:

The walls have ears :D

But to that mystery driver and car :2thumbs: and :highfive:

Man I can't wait till..... mods
I wonder if I can keep her on the planet earth :devilheh:

vperl
07-02-09, 11:22 PM
:shhh:

The walls have ears :D

But to that mystery driver and car :2thumbs: and :highfive:

Man I can't wait till..... mods
I wonder if I can keep her on the planet earth :devilheh:

I have to warn you,the guy that told that story to me, is kinday " Snarky" and not very trustworthy..... But I still think Radiant Silver beats the other V's by mucho speedo.

jwa999
07-03-09, 12:52 AM
New photos after dealer detail and tinting done, got a little "friendly" this morning with the road. Ummm, thinking anything past half throttle....WHOA NELLIE!!!!! Needless to say, the VSC light was "on" a few times :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3683545354_2b9017f1f6_o.jpg

Tint was flawless, so was the detail......
Dealer was nice enough to put the plates on...sans the front ones!!!! :thumbsup:

This girl is sooooo shiny, i'm expecting her to flash her eyelashes at me any moment!!!!!

*Always* click the TC and the suspension button after starting the car.
The TC is useless, the sport suspension is the best!

Not sure, but have the dealer check the hood, they can adjust the "bumbers", so the hood is symmetrical in the front.
Had mine done, I can't quite tell on your picture. Anyway, congrats, she's a beauty, enjoy!

SlvrBullIT
07-03-09, 05:57 AM
^^^
Will have to do that!