: I must puke now.

Gristle Boy
06-24-09, 03:59 PM
The Prius is now manly.:bighead:

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/Gristleboy/cube2.jpg
http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/Gristleboy/cube.jpg

MutedJade
06-24-09, 04:09 PM
May I puke with you lol, Ya thats just great lol. Cant wait to see them around here.

Hooligan63
06-24-09, 04:28 PM
Looks like a Scion XB with downs syndrome

C0RSA1R
06-24-09, 08:15 PM
It looks like a piece of crap with piece of crap syndrome.

Spyder
06-24-09, 08:54 PM
Hahaha!!! Best description, EVER, C0RSA1R!!!

ga_etc
06-25-09, 02:37 AM
Please tell me that you know that's not really a Toyota Prius. It's a Nissan Cube. The one you have pics of is a JDM spec.
http://blog.pricewheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nissan-cube.jpg
This is the 2009 Cube in the US market.

Red_October_7000
06-25-09, 03:27 AM
Uh yeah, the USDM version is soooo much better! :rolleyes:
Pardon me, I've got to delete that image from my brain.... :alchi: :alchi: :alchi: :alchi: :alchi:

Spyder
06-25-09, 08:39 AM
It looks slightly better than the Scion. Kinda like how Rosanne looks slightly better than Rosie O' Donnell.

Sandy
06-25-09, 09:55 AM
.......and the unbelievable part is that tens of thousands of Americans WILL BUY IT. Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90's people had taste. Look how they laughed at and caused the demise of the Edsel, which was the Mona Lisa, compared to this shoe box on wheels. There is very little love affair with the general public these days, when it comes to cars. The average person - not a car lovers - views them as they do a garbage can, i.e. use it, abuse it, and toss it away. Sad !

Gristle Boy
06-25-09, 04:15 PM
Please tell me that you know that's not really a Toyota Prius. It's a Nissan Cube. The one you have pics of is a JDM spec.
Please tell me you don't consider either of these abominations manly!:eek:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Shorti4u2loveXo/Altoona165.jpg

Gristle Boy
06-25-09, 04:33 PM
What has been seen cannot be unseen.:devil:

More unbridaled gheyness.....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/Jerrat007/kia_soul_AlienGreen.jpg

ga_etc
06-26-09, 02:35 AM
Please tell me you don't consider either of these abominations manly!:eek:
I NEVER said that I consider any of the three manly. And they're not. The Kia Soul is a stylish vehicle for who it is produced by and for the price range it is in. Does that mean that I want any of them? No. The only reason I would have one is if it was given to me. Then I would drive it to save miles on my ETC.

Gristle Boy
06-26-09, 03:53 PM
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q443/al_emolex/Serious-Cat-Joker.jpg

Gristle Boy
06-26-09, 04:01 PM
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q443/al_emolex/Serious-Cat-Joker.jpg

Sandy
06-26-09, 04:20 PM
When it comes to smll SUVs - - there is truly only one, and that's JEEP. The Jeep Wrangler, Patriot and to a lesser degree, the Liberty (considerably larger, that's why)

The original of anything may have equal (or better) competitors, but, the original is always THE original & therefore sits on the throne. Don't believe it?

Name a Cola
Name a ceral made by Kelloggs
Name a brand of sticky tape
Name a brand of cigarette
Name a brand of canned soup
Name a SUV

You thought:-
Coke
Corn Flakes
Scotch Brand
Marlboro
Campbells
Jeep.

Gristle Boy
06-26-09, 04:28 PM
Asian designs can just be cartoonish to the point of absurdity. Plus, I know in a few months I'm gonna be stuck behind one of these POS 'cause the asshat driving it is to stupid to realize he's bought a clown car let alone know how to drive it properly.

orconn
06-27-09, 03:07 PM
What has been seen cannot be unseen.:devil:

More unbridaled gheyness.....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/Jerrat007/kia_soul_AlienGreen.jpg

I assume you are talking about "gays." If that is the case, none of my gay friends would be caught dead in any of vehicles seen or mentioned here, being that they are much more into Cadillacs, Lincolns and Mercedes. There was a time when they favored Mazda RX7s, but that seem s to have passed.

Me GAY hardly!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-27-09, 03:58 PM
The Kia Soul, IMO, is the best looking of the new Asian SUVs.

tdyguy2k
06-28-09, 12:10 AM
The Kia Soul, IMO, is the best looking of the new Asian SUVs.

Especially when the Hamsters are driving it. :D

Jesda
06-28-09, 12:17 AM
Front back, side to side
Front front back, side to side

AMGoff
06-28-09, 02:12 AM
When it comes to smll SUVs - - there is truly only one, and that's JEEP. The Jeep Wrangler, Patriot and to a lesser degree, the Liberty (considerably larger, that's why)

The original of anything may have equal (or better) competitors, but, the original is always THE original & therefore sits on the throne. Don't believe it?

Name a Cola
Name a ceral made by Kelloggs
Name a brand of sticky tape
Name a brand of cigarette
Name a brand of canned soup
Name a SUV

Pepsi
Rice Krispies
Duck Tape
Camel
Progresso
Certain Jeeps

A Jeep is a Jeep only when it's not a Jeep... Simply affixing the "Jeep" badge to a vehicle, doesn't automatically qualify it as a Jeep. Case in point - the Patriot... That horrid little abomination doesn't even belong in your list Sandy, let alone under the Jeep brand whatsoever.

While it was certainly no Cherokee and had its own shortcomings compared to its predecessor (namely its independent front suspension and deletion of the 4.0L straight-six), the Liberty has at least proven itself to be fairly competent off-pavement with decent reliability (with the exception of the turn-signal stalk which was repaired under warranty, the Mrs' '06 Liberty has been rock-solid so far). That being, it is most certainly the smallest wagon in the lineup which has any real reason being called a Jeep.

With that said... The Patriot and it's butt-buddy Compass are abominations that have not a single redeeming quality which merits the Jeep name. With their car-based platform and CVTs, they were nothing but an exercise in chasing the lowest common denominator in order to capture as many sales as possible to (sub)urbanites who equate rough and tumble offroading to one too many potholes on the Parkway.

They are not Jeeps... They are nothing but FWD/AWD Sebrings with a wagon shell. They have absolutely no place being mentioned with the GC or Liberty - let alone the Wrangler. They are worthless vehicles... Marketing on wheels aimed at me-too pansies.

dkozloski
06-28-09, 02:40 AM
Pepsi
Rice Krispies
Duck Tape
Camel
Progresso
Certain Jeeps

A Jeep is a Jeep only when it's not a Jeep... Simply affixing the "Jeep" badge to a vehicle, doesn't automatically qualify it as a Jeep. Case in point - the Patriot... That horrid little abomination doesn't even belong in your list Sandy, let alone under the Jeep brand whatsoever.

While it was certainly no Cherokee and had its own shortcomings compared to its predecessor (namely its independent front suspension and deletion of the 4.0L straight-six), the Liberty has at least proven itself to be fairly competent off-pavement with decent reliability (with the exception of the turn-signal stalk which was repaired under warranty, the Mrs' '06 Liberty has been rock-solid so far). That being, it is most certainly the smallest wagon in the lineup which has any real reason being called a Jeep.

With that said... The Patriot and it's butt-buddy Compass are abominations that have not a single redeeming quality which merits the Jeep name. With their car-based platform and CVTs, they were nothing but an exercise in chasing the lowest common denominator in order to capture as many sales as possible to (sub)urbanites who equate rough and tumble offroading to one too many potholes on the Parkway.

They are not Jeeps... They are nothing but FWD/AWD Sebrings with a wagon shell. They have absolutely no place being mentioned with the GC or Liberty - let alone the Wrangler. They are worthless vehicles... Marketing on wheels aimed at me-too pansies.
Nothing was as bad as the late 40s Jeepsters.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-09, 11:58 AM
My friend's '01 Cherokee Sport is a pretty damn good 4x4. Not my sort of vehicle, but I respect it for what it is. If I was ever gonna do a Jeep, I'd do a 1993-98 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.2L V8. Unless, unless I could be graced with the ownership of a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. But that's one of those vehicles that are hard to find, too old to finance, and not something I REALLY want, so it's probably more of a pipe dream than anything else.

V-Eight
06-28-09, 01:43 PM
My friend's '01 Cherokee Sport is a pretty damn good 4x4. Not my sort of vehicle, but I respect it for what it is. If I was ever gonna do a Jeep, I'd do a 1993-98 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.2L V8. Unless, unless I could be graced with the ownership of a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. But that's one of those vehicles that are hard to find, too old to finance, and not something I REALLY want, so it's probably more of a pipe dream than anything else.

Is the 5.9 the same engine that was in the Dakota in 98?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-09, 01:47 PM
Yes, it was rated at 245hp and 345 lb/ft. It's a rocket, 0-60 in 7.3 and a low 15 second 1/4 mile. In it's day, it was the fastest SUV in the world.

OffThaHorseCEO
06-28-09, 04:16 PM
i thought the grand chreokees were crap, especially compared to the cherokee sports...

i asked here and was told that they are basically a chrysler product with chrysler transmissions that are prone to failure...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-09, 07:03 PM
Yeah, they're more problematic than a Cherokee, but they've also got a lot more features to go bad than the Cherokees do. But yeah, they were designed and unveiled during the Chrysler ownership of Jeep, and the Cherokees were designed/unveiled during the AMC ownership, which explains a lot. My friend's '01 Cherokee Sport has had very few problems, aside from a leak in the fuel tank at the line and a check engine light that won't go away, but we don't see anything amiss. It's a code for a bad catalytic converter, but they work fine.

orconn
06-28-09, 07:41 PM
Are you saying AMC's design and execution was better than Chrysler's or vice verse? I am not clear.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-09, 07:47 PM
Are you saying AMC's design and execution was better than Chrysler's or vice verse? I am not clear.

Oh, sorry. I meant that AMC's design and execution was much more straightforward, simple and durable than Chrysler's.

In other words, look at it like this. How many '80s era Cherokees do you see running around nowadays? A fair amount, right? When was the last time you saw a decently clean '80s Ram or Ramcharger? Just about never...

orconn
06-28-09, 07:54 PM
Oh, sorry. I meant that AMC's design and execution was much more straightforward, simple and durable than Chrysler's.

In other words, look at it like this. How many '80s era Cherokees do you see running around nowadays? A fair amount, right? When was the last time you saw a decently clean '80s Ram or Ramcharger? Just about never...

Honestly, I never saw an AMC product that wasn't falling apart in the dealer's showroom. Perhaps the reason we see as many AMC Cherokees as we do is that all the shoddy workmanship items fell of the cars years ago leaving only an easily repaired core to be still be on the road. I quess that in itself is a virtue.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-09, 07:58 PM
Yeah, you have a point. I never remember hearing that AMC was exactly known for their faultless build quality. If a vintage Mercedes is built "like a bank vault", then is an AMC product built "like a Kleenex box"? :lol:

Night Wolf
06-28-09, 09:09 PM
Go Jeep!

I broke mine.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Jeep/misc-1/6-28-09112.jpg

Other club member working while I take pictures:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/Jeep/misc-1/6-28-09114.jpg

Well, it still works - 2wd until I fix it tho.

The YJ, XJ and ZJ were last of the AMC Jeep designs. Atleast Chrysler didn't mess up the TJ, and the JK seems to be proving out to be a very good performer. I'm very happy with the AMC 4.0 I6.

AMGoff
06-28-09, 10:51 PM
Yeah, they're more problematic than a Cherokee, but they've also got a lot more features to go bad than the Cherokees do. But yeah, they were designed and unveiled during the Chrysler ownership of Jeep, and the Cherokees were designed/unveiled during the AMC ownership, which explains a lot. My friend's '01 Cherokee Sport has had very few problems, aside from a leak in the fuel tank at the line and a check engine light that won't go away, but we don't see anything amiss. It's a code for a bad catalytic converter, but they work fine.

Development of the ZJ Grand Cherokee was well underway by AMC at the time of its acquisition... Even under Chrysler ownership, they retained most of the AMC engineers who were involved with the project. Had AMC remained independent, the GC would have probably been released before the Ford Explorer, but Chrysler ended up pushing the project back.

i thought the grand chreokees were crap, especially compared to the cherokee sports...

i asked here and was told that they are basically a chrysler product with chrysler transmissions that are prone to failure...

Sure... They're about as prone to failure as are the headgaskets in a Northstar, ie - there's really no justifiable reason to assume when it will happen, nor if it will even happen at all. Either way, the Grand Cherokee's are, in general certainly not "crap."

With regard to the transmissions, the likelihood of something going wrong mainly comes down to which GC one has... The '93 straight-six powered models came with the same transmission as the XJ Cherokee - an Aisin AW4 automatic and therefore reliability is more or less the same. Later ZJ models came with either 42RE or a 46RE transmission... The 46s were a direct derivative of the Torqueflite 727 and pretty much inherited most of its legendary reliability. The 42s however, were derived from the 904 which was the light duty member of the TF family and consequently lacked the robustness of the 727... As such, most transmission problems in the ZJ GC were attributed to '94+ 42R-equipped models.

With that said... There is no way that anyone can say that a GC will suffer from transmission problems with any amount of certainty. While there may be some forum members on here who have had problems with a ZJ in the past, it certainly isn't a just representation of the entire production run.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-28-09, 11:51 PM
I went four wheeling with my friend in his Cherokee this weekend. It was a good time, we went thru some mud puddles and got it dirtied up a bit. I have pictures but I left my camera in his cabin. :(

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-29-09, 01:50 AM
Chad, you should have seen some of the stuff I did to my poor Isuzu when I had it. I was off roading in a local state park this winter and ramming through snow drifts as tall as the side mirrors at about 25 mph. The impacts were so hard it bent the bumper in on the left side.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-29-09, 08:13 PM
Oh nevermind, I found a picture I took of his Jeep on my iPhone.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Chadillac8705/IMG_0687.jpg

Yeah, we got her dirrrrrrty.

Night Wolf
06-29-09, 08:28 PM
Yey for weekend wheelin' trips! That makes 2 of us :)

Gristle Boy
07-03-09, 01:18 PM
:hijacked:

Playdrv4me
07-04-09, 03:50 AM
I've had a ton of Grand Cherokees and while they do have their problems, on the balance they are one of the best, most comfortable and most luxurious used SUV buys out there. On top of that, they are hard to touch off road.