: Tire pressure monitoring.....

jlford30
06-24-09, 11:30 AM
Was getting the wife's car serviced @ Chevy dealership and saw that Z06 vettes had tire pressure not just low pressure monitoring for all 4, does the 09 CTS-V have the same?

allklr
06-24-09, 11:37 AM
I know when I scroll through the vehicle info it displays the psi for each tire.

mik2718
06-24-09, 11:40 AM
The pressure readings can be displayed in the DIC. First the two fronts and then the two rears, on the next screen.

jlford30
06-24-09, 11:51 AM
Cool thanks!

RWFJR
06-24-09, 12:05 PM
The pressure readings can be displayed in the DIC. First the two fronts and then the two rears, on the next screen.

If you like exact tire pressures like I do...don't believe the DIC pressure display. It is often off by 1-2 lbs. It is only good for a large loss or gain. I check mine every 2-3 weeks with my own digital tire guage that has been calibrated.

I also have nitrogen in my tires which is much better than air...less fluctuation, no moisture which degrades tires and because the molecules are larger than air, if you have a minor leak, it does not leak as much.

mik2718
06-24-09, 12:50 PM
If you like exact tire pressures like I do...don't believe the DIC pressure display. It is often off by 1-2 lbs. It is only good for a large loss or gain. I check mine every 2-3 weeks with my own digital tire guage that has been calibrated.

Yes, I should have commented on the (lack of) accuracy. Mine consistently reads 2-3 lbs above the readings I get with quality handheld gauges. But, knowing that the DIC readings are always a bit high, it's easy to make the mental translation to get a clue about a developing problem. I like seeing a number, even if I have to translate it. My previous car only told me when a specific tire was significantly out of line with the pressures from the other tires, but no clue if they were all similarly over- or underinflated.

jlford30
06-24-09, 01:41 PM
because the molecules are larger than air, if you have a minor leak, it does not leak as much.

Umm huh... N2 would actually be smaller than O2 A# 7 vs 8 but a leak is a leak.

N2 is better on thermal properties over straight air (N2, O2, trace gas)

NeedCTS-v
06-24-09, 02:41 PM
Sort of off topic (sorry) what warm temperature are you guys targeting with your tires (especially those with accurate pressure gauges)?