: Off topic Transformers!!

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-24-09, 03:44 AM
Saw the new Transformers at 12:15 am and I must say the new Vette looks BAD ASS!!!!!

Now IF Government Motors would actually make it they wouldn't have any money issues.

Simply DEAD SEXY!!!

Trouble81
06-24-09, 04:11 AM
how was the movie though

nlharter
06-24-09, 09:39 AM
You should hit up the Camaro forums. No talk of the Vette, only the Camaro. It does look sharp though.

Hooligan63
06-24-09, 04:31 PM
Saw the movie two weeks before it came out,and I must say,usually a sequel isn't too great,but this is the exception.Really good movie,with some really funny parts in it,enough to be action/drama/comedy

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-24-09, 05:19 PM
The movie was great! LOTS of action and a pretty good storyline. A must see in a theater. The Camaro was cool BUT the Vette was the stand out of the cars.

Playdrv4me
06-24-09, 06:27 PM
Wow... you guys better be right because I was about to forgo spending 10 bucks on this garbage after the RottenTomatoes reviews pegged it at *21%* and all the reviewers have nothing but bad things to say about it. I loved the first one (which was in the high 80s or 90s if I recall), this better not suck ass. 40 percent is usually my cutoff for Popcorn-entertainment style flicks.

Keep in mind... it was at 38% a couple of days ago, so as more reviews come in it has dropped 17 percent in two days... :eek:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-24-09, 06:52 PM
Everyone seems to be posting good things about it on FB.

Blackout
06-25-09, 06:19 AM
Every review I've seen so far has been crapping all over it. MSN went as far as to say that it was a cinematic insult and CNN said it was the worst revenge since montezuma's

firstimecaddi
06-25-09, 11:14 AM
how about this (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_en_mo/us_film_transformers_jar_jar_again)

Rolex
06-25-09, 11:28 AM
how about this (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_en_mo/us_film_transformers_jar_jar_again)

:bigroll:

Jon
06-25-09, 11:53 AM
The movie was ****ing great. Great action, lots of "laugh your ass off" moments, and Megan Fox...

I don't know why it's gotten such poor reviews. It's based off an '80s cartoon FFS.

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 12:18 PM
It's based off an '80s cartoon FFS.

Yea unfortunately that argument doesn't hold water because the first one did so well.

I've heard alot about the fact that the movie focuses almost not at all on the characters now and there is so much CGI that this one almost feels more LIKE a cartoon than a real movie like the last one did.

I may see it, but I won't waste money to see it in IMAX.

JimmyH
06-25-09, 12:19 PM
The worse the critical reviews are, the better the movie likely will be. I am bookoo excited.

Going to see it tonight.

JimmyH
06-25-09, 12:25 PM
Yea unfortunately that argument doesn't hold water because the first one did so well.

I've heard alot about the fact that the movie focuses almost not at all on the characters now and there is so much CGI that this one almost feels more LIKE a cartoon than a real movie like the last one did.

there is a real simple solution for you folks who think it is waste of money...don't go see it

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 12:31 PM
Ahh yes... Fanboi syndrome has begun again. I'll hold out prescribing to this until I see it myself, which I likely will based on the mostly positive sentiments in this thread, but again not in IMAX. Especially with the controversy IMAX is embroiled in right now with their "fake" IMAX screens.

This thread is like Deja'vu...

JimmyH
06-25-09, 12:41 PM
that's right, us fanboys...we represent everything that is wrong with America. So stay out of our way.

Go see this:

http://www.fandango.com/mysisterskeeper_98815/movieoverview

Seems more like your kind of movie.

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 12:49 PM
that's right, us fanboys...we represent everything that is wrong with America. So stay out of our way.

Go see this:

http://www.fandango.com/mysisterskeeper_98815/movieoverview

Seems more like your kind of movie.

You had to go and find a movie about a childhood cancer to use in the defense of your childhood fantasy? That's pretty low bro...

On the flipside... the reviews ARE three times better...

JimmyH
06-25-09, 12:52 PM
:d1.openx.org: i give up

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 12:59 PM
i give up.

http://www.sp4ngle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fanboys_large.jpg

Jesda
06-25-09, 01:01 PM
Michael Bay jumps into his spaceship every morning, fueled by homeless people, and flies to the mall to buy his baseball caps.

Jon
06-25-09, 01:02 PM

Uhhh no. The reviews were complaining about how there's not enough story and it's all robots... Well no shit sherlock, it's based off a cartoon; how much story can you write into it? Of course it's about robots. The first one was too in case you weren't paying attention.

And judging by your posts you haven't even seen it yet and you've already made judgement?

Brett
06-25-09, 01:05 PM
Ahh yes... Fanboi syndrome has begun again. I'll hold out prescribing to this until I see it myself, which I likely will based on the mostly positive sentiments in this thread, but again not in IMAX. Especially with the controversy IMAX is embroiled in right now with their "fake" IMAX screens.

This thread is like Deja'vu...

The IMAX at the Veterans AMC is awesome, I dont know if it's "real"(film) or "fake"(digital) but the screen size is considerably larger than a regular theater.

The Tony Show
06-25-09, 01:10 PM
Funniest movie review I've read in a long time over at io9.

I've gotten almost all the way through this review, and I still haven't summarized the movie's plot. Here goes. It's a couple years after the first movie, and Sam is going off to college, leaving his transforming car and his hot girlfriend, whom he still hasn't told he loves her. And meanwhile, the soldiers from the first movie are running around with a bunch of late-model GM cars and trucks, which turn into robots and fight other robots sometimes. Sam sees weird symbols which make no sense (and they still make no sense at the end of the movie) and they turn out to be the key to the location of a thing that can control another thing, that will enable the bad guys to destroy the sun. Sam has to embrace the heroic destiny he's rejected, so he can save us all from solarcide.

But that bare plot summary doesn't include the twenty or thirty other storylines that could also claim to be the movie's plot. There's the whole thing where someone from Washington D.C. wonders why the U.S. military is running around the globe with a bunch of late-model GM cars from outer space, and tries to put the kibosh on the military-Autobot complex. There's the teenager who's got a conspiracy website, that competes with another conpsiracy website which turns out to be the work of a secret agent who's decided that the best way to keep things secret is to put them on a website. (It works. I post secret stuff on io9 all the time.) Various robots die and then come back to life, and there's a whole strand about whether Decepticons (the bad ones) can become Autobots (the good ones). And there's the Fallen, who's sort of the movie's villain even though he barely shows up. And people from 17,000 BC who had weird teeth and fought robots. And the ancient Egyptians did stuff. And Sam's parents go to France except that they meet a robot and then they're in Egypt.

Really, I could go on and on. This movie starts out with a coherent storyline, for the first half hour or so, and then it just starts to spin faster and faster until the centrifuge of random events slams you into the walls. It doesn't help that there are 500 robots in the movie and they all look kind of the same.

Full review here (http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie). You'll laugh.

JimmyH
06-25-09, 01:14 PM
omg, this page loaded right away this time; this whole openx.org thing is really starting to piss me off; SAL!!!!

anyway, how is bringing up that movie a "low-blow?" I think, I think, that the girl with cancer in that movie is an actress; she does not really have cancer in real life...you do realize that, do you not? There are far sadder things in this world than that anyway.

but you were complaining that TF is waste of money; I am offering you an alternative movie that is practical, educational, and philosophical. Maybe that way, there will be one less person in cyberspace belly-aching about a movie that many of us enjoy. Not that it would really matter.

I spend nearly 40 hours a week dealing with children in adult bodies complaining about the dumbest crap you can think of (these are allegedly my employees btw) and customers accusing me of ripping them off because I am not giving my product away; then I get home and deal with 2 maniacal children who (God help me--please) I know I am supposed to love and be patient with, but they push buttons on me I did not even know existed; and another 15 hours a week traveling back and forth between these two doses of lethal reality, dodging lethal, sometimes psychotic, REAL maniacs travelling three lanes abreast.

Unbelievable, inane, "cartoon-ish" robots beating the crap out of each other for my amusement and "childhood fantasy" in a completely unrealistic fashion?

Youbetchya :thumbsup:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-25-09, 01:14 PM

Its not racism, its profiling.

The Tony Show
06-25-09, 01:16 PM
omg, this page loaded right away this time; this whole openx.org thing is really starting to piss me off; SAL!!!!

anyway, how is bringing up that movie a "low-blow?" I think, I think, that the girl with cancer in that movie is an actress; she does not really have cancer in real life...you do realize that, do you not? There are far sadder things in this world than that anyway.

but you were complaining that TF is waste of money; I am offering you an alternative movie that is practical, educational, and philosophical. Maybe that way, there will be one less person in cyberspace belly-aching about a movie that many of us enjoy. Not that it would really matter.

I spend nearly 40 hours a week dealing with children in adult bodies complaining about the dumbest crap you can think of (these are allegedly my employees btw) and customers accusing me of ripping them off because I am not giving my product away; then I get home and deal with 2 maniacal children who (God help me--please) I know I am supposed to love and be patient with, but they push buttons on me I did not even know existed; and another 15 hours a week traveling back and forth between these two doses of lethal reality, dodging lethal, sometimes psychotic, REAL maniacs travelling three lanes abreast.

Unbelievable, inane, "cartoon-ish" robots beating the crap out of each other for my amusement and "childhood fantasy" in a completely unrealistic fashion?

Youbetchya :thumbsup:

I think Jimmy's more defensive of TF than he was of the prequel trilogy. Color me surprised. :eek:

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 01:17 PM
The IMAX at the Veterans AMC is awesome, I dont know if it's "real"(film) or "fake"(digital) but the screen size is considerably larger than a regular theater.

It's digital, but I don't remember the format being at the center of the argument. The argument is that in comparison with traditional IMAX screens (like the one at Channelside) these "new generation" IMAX screens, which IMAX admits are really just a way to expand the brand and generate revenue, are not up to viewer's expectations of the size difference they are used to.

The AMC one is a good example. What they have been doing in alot of cases is changing out the projection units, removing the first three rows of seats to "expand" screen real estate, and adding in more sound equipment. I agree that it is an AWESOME show, but do I really think it's worth 5 bucks more than a regular showing? My vote is still out on that.

I think all people wanted IMAX to do, is post a sign outside of the venue stating the actual screen size, so they can know before they go in what to expect, and IMAX has admitted it needs to make the screen sizes known.

JimmyH
06-25-09, 01:21 PM
Ok, here goes:

NEWS FLASH:
-TRANSFORMERS 2 IS ABOUT GIANT ROBOTS WHO TRANSFORM INTO EARTHLY SHAPES
-A GOOD CHUNK OF THE MOVIE IS DONE IS CGI AND DOES NOT LOOK REAL
-THE STORYLINE (ABOUT SAID TRANSFORMING ROBOTS) IS NOT BELIEVABLE
-IF YOU ARE NOT A FANBOY, YOU MAY NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE
-IF YOU ARE AN ADULT, YOU MAY NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE
-IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT, YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE
-IF YOU ARE INTELLIGENT, YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE

But there are a few of us who will enjoy it, no matter what. Does that cover it all?

The Tony Show
06-25-09, 01:22 PM
Down boy! :lol:

Brett
06-25-09, 01:23 PM
It's digital, but I don't remember the format being at the center of the argument. The argument is that in comparison with traditional IMAX screens (like the one at Channelside) these "new generation" IMAX screens, which IMAX admits are really just a way to expand the brand and generate revenue, are not up to viewer's expectations of the size difference they are used to.

The AMC one is a good example. What they have been doing in alot of cases is changing out the projection units, removing the first three rows of seats to "expand" screen real estate, and adding in more sound equipment. I agree that it is an AWESOME show, but do I really think it's worth 5 bucks more than a regular showing? My vote is still out on that.

I think all people wanted IMAX to do, is post a sign outside of the venue stating the actual screen size, so they can know before they go in what to expect, and IMAX has admitted it needs to make the screen sizes known.

Is the channelside screen better? or bigger?

Honestly the only IMAX movies I see are with my daughter. Monsters vs Aliens in 3D was amazing on the AMC IMAX.

JimmyH
06-25-09, 01:25 PM
Am I the only one who does not like IMAX? I have seen movies (fairly close together time-wise) on the regular big screen, and then on IMAX, and I don't like IMAX.

It may be partly because I am prone to anxiety, and the sheer vastness of the screen kind of spooks me, but really, you can't see the whole screen. You only focus on a small portion of it. So you miss alot of the movie.

I think IMAX is great for documentaries that were specifically made for it (like the ones they use to show at Great America) but for regular movies, it just does not work for me.

Brett
06-25-09, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one who does not like IMAX? I have seen movies (fairly close together time-wise) on the regular big screen, and then on IMAX, and I don't like IMAX.

It may be partly because I am prone to anxiety, and the sheer vastness of the screen kind of spooks me, but really, you can't see the whole screen. You only focus on a small portion of it. So you miss alot of the movie.

I think IMAX is great for documentaries that were specifically made for it (like the ones they use to show at Great America) but for regular movies, it just does not work for me.

It's really quite cool for the kids movies. Never saw anything else on IMAX other then the aforementioned Great America nature stuff.

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 01:36 PM
And judging by your posts you haven't even seen it yet and you've already made judgement?

Uhh... apparently the point of movie reviews has been lost on you??? i.e. For those of us who don't just blindly follow the pack?

While I sometimes see flicks with lower than average reviews, only 35 positive out of 125 (many of those who themselves fall into the "fanboy" category, they are NOT old ragged newspaper reviewers) is a somewhat difficult mathematical average to overlook.

Again, if the argument is that the sequel is as good as the first one, I probably shouldn't have to remind you IT had nearly 100 percent POSITIVE reviews.

It does not appear from the -reviews- as if the SEQUEL -lives up- to its predecessor. I don't need to see it to form an opinion based on the reviews of 90 other qualified individuals who don't typically steer me wrong

With that being said, movie reviews are occasionally totally divergent to the way I felt about a particular movie... The Watchmen is a perfect example of this... I thought it was FANTASTIC and reviewers gave it about a 40 percent rating. Still... there's quite a difference between 40 and 22. (By comparison, Dance Flick had something like 28). Thus the reason I want to make sure it's worth seeing. I already see more movies than just about anyone I know per year.

The first one was probably one of my favorite movies of the past couple of years (hell DRIVE, my favorite song is right in the middle of the damn movie), and based on what has been said in here, the sequel is -probably- worth seeing. I have to admit, there was an element of social experimentation here as I wanted to see how tersely the movie would be defended to convince myself to go. Based upon the explosive responses, I suppose it passed the test :p

I'll withhold further judgement until after I see it.

The Tony Show
06-25-09, 02:07 PM
I saw Bad Boys 2 at the Pleasure Island IMAX theater, and my head, neck, eyes and ears hurt for days afterward. True story.

Jesda
06-25-09, 02:32 PM
I thought the original was pretty looking with cheesy lines, crappy acting (by Megan Fox), and an okay plot. Michael Bay's whole schtick is to increase the contrast and make everything look like its 4pm. Even his commercials all look like its 4pm. And whats the deal with him and biplanes?

If the sequel is worse than that, I'm staying home unless I get really bored. And I might get really bored.

The Tony Show
06-25-09, 02:53 PM
lol at the "4pm" comment. Michael Bay's movies looks like the photos turned out by someone who is absolutely thrilled to have just discovered the "effects" tab in Photoshop.

More lens flare! More contrast! More more more!!!!

The Tony Show
06-25-09, 03:34 PM
Example: Jon's Signature image

http://www.jon04ctsv.com/images/ctssig_nov08.jpg

Now let's Michael Bay-ize it!

1- Crank up the contrast to look really artistic and moody.
2- Then add some lens flare for dramatic effect.
3- Last, add a little artificial film grain to make it look "gritty" and hide how over processed and modified it is.

And the result?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=109&pictureid=4180

Just beautiful. That will be $60 million dollars please. :D

Blackout
06-25-09, 03:48 PM
Example: Jon's Signature image

http://www.jon04ctsv.com/images/ctssig_nov08.jpg

Now let's Michael Bay-ize it!

1- Crank up the contrast to look really artistic and moody.
2- Then add some lens flare for dramatic effect.
3- Last, add a little artificial film grain to make it look "gritty" and hide how over processed and modified it is.

And the result?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=109&pictureid=4180

Just beautiful. That will be $60 million dollars please. :D

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6857172940/6855889086/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/05/30/linkin-park-what-ive-done-cover.jpg
What I've done
I start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
Iím forgiving what Iíve done!!!

Blackout
06-25-09, 03:50 PM
Basically I've made my decision about going to watch this movie or not. So far every review I have read has crapped all over it, and after a few friends of mine have gone and seen it and have had mixed reviews I'm just going to wait for it to come out on Redbox so I waste only $1 to see it instead of $20+ to see it on IMAX. Or I;ll just download a torrent of it

AMGoff
06-25-09, 05:15 PM
Wow... you guys better be right because I was about to forgo spending 10 bucks on this garbage after the RottenTomatoes reviews pegged it at *21%* and all the reviewers have nothing but bad things to say about it. I loved the first one (which was in the high 80s or 90s if I recall), this better not suck ass. 40 percent is usually my cutoff for Popcorn-entertainment style flicks.

Keep in mind... it was at 38% a couple of days ago, so as more reviews come in it has dropped 17 percent in two days... :eek:

Ian... It's circumstances like these which give a "raison d'etre" to the early matinee. I'm basically in the same boat as you - I want to see this movie, but I have my reservations about it. As such, there's no way in hell I'm going to spend $20-25 for Becky and I to go see it in a packed theatre full of said "fanboys." However, I'm not sure if it's similar down your way, but up here if we go to the early matinee (any start time before Noon), it's only 5 bucks a pop... There've been many shitastic movies I've gone and seen on a Saturday/Sunday morning simply because it only cost me a fiver.

Funniest movie review I've read in a long time over at io9.... You'll laugh.

That was one of the funniest things I've read in quite some time... One of my favorite bits:

LaBoeuf projects a pathetic, wall-eyed dorkhood, when he's not babbling like a tumor removed from Woody Allen's prostate that somehow achieved sentience.

I'm just going to wait for it to come out on Redbox so I waste only $1 to see it instead of $20+ to see it on IMAX. Or I;ll just download a torrent of it

Redbox is one of the greatest inventions of this century thus far... Ever since they installed one at our local grocery store last year, we've probably rented at least 10 times more movies than we ever did in all the years prior - despite having a Blockbuster right up the road. Plus it's fantastic to be able to get a copy of a movie now without having to wait for it to download anymore - that alone is worth more than a dollar! I just finished ripping Frost/Nixon... I mean... wait... No... Not that I do such things - I simply make backups for Redbox in case their discs get damaged... Yeah.. That's what I do... :hide:

Anyway... Have you gone online for RB promo codes? The only thing better than a dollar rental is a free one!

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-25-09, 05:34 PM
My guess is that the bad reviews are because they Hammer Obama as president and actually name him. The press and CNN don't like anybody messin with the chosen one..... hence the bad reviews.

BTW ... CNN is the news show on the TV's in the movie.

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-25-09, 05:46 PM
When they drool all over queers on a mountian and give it all kind of awards to it, then crap all over a CGI movie with more substance its quite clear liberal morons run the review industry.

If you really listen to reviews to make your decision you are not that birght in the first place and you are only going to see FILMS about girls who have lost their way in life running through fields of wheat only to meet up with their long lost father who molested them years earlier. Oh yeah it will be sub titled because all your movies will be in a language youd don't understand.

93DevilleUSMC
06-25-09, 06:03 PM

When you can't formulate a good argument for or against something, use the race card!

Blackout
06-25-09, 06:29 PM
I find it funny that GM spent so much money so that their cars will be the only ones featured in the movie and jalopnik said it perfectly, "The original transformers film was a cargasm to the extreme, full of shiny GM products you could go out and buy. This film was an ode to GM products you can't own: GMC TopKick (discontinued), Corvette Centennial (concept), Chevy Trax (failed concept), Camaro Z28 (cancelled), Chevy Volt (eventually, maybe), Saturn Astra (entire brand sold) and others." and then on top of it they may have a PR nightmare with two of their products being labeled as racist. lol way to go GM, way to go:thumbsup:

Jesda
06-25-09, 06:29 PM
How does Redbox work?

Blackout
06-25-09, 06:31 PM
Redbox is one of the greatest inventions of this century thus far... Ever since they installed one at our local grocery store last year, we've probably rented at least 10 times more movies than we ever did in all the years prior - despite having a Blockbuster right up the road. Plus it's fantastic to be able to get a copy of a movie now without having to wait for it to download anymore - that alone is worth more than a dollar! I just finished ripping Frost/Nixon... I mean... wait... No... Not that I do such things - I simply make backups for Redbox in case their discs get damaged... Yeah.. That's what I do... :hide:

Anyway... Have you gone online for RB promo codes? The only thing better than a dollar rental is a free one!
Same here. The Blockbuster and the grocery store where the Redbox in are in the same parking lot and the only time I ever go over to Blockbuster is if I really want to see a movie on Blu Ray but the other 99.9% of the time I'm getting my movies from Redbox. But what RB promo codes are ya talking about? Are they on their website or on some other place?

Blackout
06-25-09, 06:34 PM
How does Redbox work?

You select the movie(s) you want from what that location then you swipe your credit card and it's $1 for each movie and it's an additional $1 per day you keep it. There's no subscription fees, no memberships, nada. The nice thing is is that you can also have it so when you rent a movie you put in your e-mail address and they will send you a e-mail saying what movies and at what location they were from and when you return them it send you another e-mail as a receipt and how much your card was billed. The other good thing is you can return your movies to any redbox location not just the one you got it from. It's the best thing out there.

AMGoff
06-25-09, 06:39 PM
When they drool all over queers on a mountian and give it all kind of awards to it, then crap all over a CGI movie with more substance its quite clear liberal morons run the review industry.

If you really listen to reviews to make your decision you are not that birght in the first place and you are only going to see FILMS about girls who have lost their way in life running through fields of wheat only to meet up with their long lost father who molested them years earlier. Oh yeah it will be sub titled because all your movies will be in a language youd don't understand.

WTF? :hmm: Talk about coming waaay out of left field with some Grade-A nonsensical horseshit.

Since when, in the process of trying to formulate some sort of decision, does reading reviews make one "not that bright?" Are you saying that throughout your entire life, you've never read any kind of review before buying anything?

If so, then you must either be independently wealthy... Or completely foolish. I can see your point though... It's far better to impetuously waste money on anything and everything than try to make an informed decision beforehand. That's the ticket... :helpless:

Anyway... With regard to this movie, they've hardly "crapped" on it simply because its a CGI. As Ian already pointed out, the first TF movie received really good reviews.

Substance...? Really? You're a 40-some year old man trying to make the assertion that a movie sequel, based on an 80s cartoon about alien robots, which by all accounts has very little in the way of a coherent storyline - has substance? Yeah... Okay :thumbsup:

Best of all... You're comparing this to the movie about the "queers on a mountain?"

The only thing that clarifies is that you use things such as your blatant homophobia to make your decisions (you know, rather than useless things like reviews)... and is hardly indicative that the review industry is ran by "liberal morons." If that was truly the case, then a movie such as "W" would have been far more of a rave, runaway critical success than it was.

Christ on a cracker... It's time for some bourbon.

Playdrv4me
06-25-09, 06:43 PM
WTF? :hmm: Talk about coming waaay out of left field with some Grade-A nonsensical horseshit.

Since when, in the process of trying to formulate some sort of decision, does reading reviews make one "not that bright?" Are you saying that throughout your entire life, you've never read any kind of review before buying anything?

If so, then you must either be independently wealthy... Or completely foolish. I can see your point though... It's far better to impetuously waste money on anything and everything than try to make an informed decision beforehand. That's the ticket... :helpless:

Anyway... With regard to this movie, they've hardly "crapped" on it simply because its a CGI. As Ian already pointed out, the first TF movie received really good reviews.

Substance...? Really? You're a 40-some year old man trying to make the assertion that a movie sequel, based on an 80s cartoon about alien robots, which by all accounts has very little in the way of a coherent storyline - has substance? Yeah... Okay :thumbsup:

Best of all... You're comparing this to the movie about the "queers on a mountain?"

The only thing that clarifies is that you use things such as your blatant homophobia to make your decisions (you know, rather than useless things like reviews)... and is hardly indicative that the review industry is ran by "liberal morons." If that was truly the case, then a movie such as "W" would have been far more of a rave, runaway critical success than it was.

Christ on a cracker... It's time for some bourbon.

Thanks for replying to that before I was able to Adam because it would not have been pretty. On that note... this thread has run its course.