: CD player thinks it is full

mpottman
06-23-09, 10:42 PM
My 2005 STS with 6 disc CD changer will not let me load any CDs. It is empty, but the readout says it is full. When I hold the Eject button, I hear the beep and it goes to the radio. Anyone have any ideas what might fix the problem. The car is just out of the factory warranty.

deucedude2003
06-23-09, 10:55 PM
I would probably try removing the radio fuse while waiting for a reply. It may "reboot" the radio. Don't know, but maybe worth a try??? OR you could wait for a reply from somebody that actually knows something about your radio.
Good Luck!

BarryNS
06-24-09, 08:33 AM
I had a similar problem a few years ago with the 2005 and under warranty the dealer was going to replace the radio. In the interim I was able to fool the CD player into rebooting and it cleared the problem. I wish i remember how i finally did it. I would suggest several things that i would try now. (1) disonnect your car battery Plus and Minus cables and touch them together to reset the car. If that doesn't work, (2) try using the second keyfob....or go to ConFIg and set the personal settings to keyfob # 2. Part of the memory system remember CD and Radio Settings for each keyfob differently. Possibly you will be able to load CD's and the eject them under a different keyfob number.
Barrys