: the day has come: headgasket

coaster
06-23-09, 08:04 PM
well my time has come for new gaskets. the smell of coolent addimg coolent about a gallon a month now temp goes up under load no leaks. this past weekend went to my dads grave site to put some flowers and car temp one line before red line while on the freeway. I live in sacramento ca. went to richmond ca. about 160 round trip; was driving 85mph when temp spiked then pulled over for 30min tenp normal drove65mph there and back.want to fix love my northstar want to get it to jake(97eldo) in a couple months.need to find the ceepest way to get the car up there.cost about 3500$ here 2200 in canada please chime in for sugestions.thank you

stssteve
06-23-09, 08:55 PM
You'll be very happy with Jake's work. He did my headgaskets last April along with casehalves that had been leaking. I would recommend his work to anyone. My N* is purring like new again and have had zero issues 25k later.
Why don't you email him on his website, maybe he knows a way to help transport your Caddy?

Ranger
06-23-09, 11:12 PM
Wow, that is a long distance transport.

coaster
06-23-09, 11:53 PM
I will email jake right now yea ranger very long way but i want the best and its going to cost me 3500 or more if i can find some good shop that knows how and has the time. I will go pick the car up and drive back home

coaster
06-24-09, 05:13 PM
live in sacramento ca need to transport car to canada to 97 eldo jake what would be the ceepest way to do this any ideals. I will drive the car back home Iwill have the money in 2months.

Submariner409
06-24-09, 07:31 PM
Didn't you just post this somewhere else, Coaster ???

Ranger
06-24-09, 10:33 PM
Threads merged

coaster
06-25-09, 12:37 AM
my fault sorry fellows trying to figure out will it ceeper to have the done here or in canada? Iwill call transporter places and see how much it will cost thank you

Destroyer
06-25-09, 01:26 AM
Just junk the pile of crap and get a new car!:thumbsup:

STSS
06-25-09, 12:36 PM
Just junk the pile of crap and get a new car!:thumbsup:

Like a Suzuki?

Destroyer
06-27-09, 12:03 AM
Like a Suzuki?

Well, yeah. Cheaper than an H/G job on a POS Caddy and it has a 10 year drivetrain warranty. I'm more of a Cadillac man than a Jap crap man but I'll take just about anything over a N* Caddy. :nono:

STSS
06-27-09, 12:27 AM
Please keep right so I can get around.

94CaddyConcours
07-01-09, 01:14 AM
Shipping car isn't cheap either (2,500 miles?) and take more than week to reach it destination. Lets say you're saving $1300 by using Jake, + shipping? ($1,200+?), and driving it back (gas 100's). You're not saving any money beside getting it done by someone who have experience with Northstar. How about you fly Jake to Sacramento and provide the basic tools and shelter. :hmm:

TomDeville
07-01-09, 02:36 AM
In my humble estimation:
The shipping costs; and,
incidental rigmarole,
would be prohibitive.

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2::cool2:

coaster
07-01-09, 03:26 PM
I agree that it would be ceaper to find someone out in ca. It was just wishing that i could get jake to fix my car but it will cost to much money to have the car transported to canada and fixed. jake is to busy to come to cali plus I dont have the shop to do the work.but good thought will have to find someone gut here I vwill get the stud kit from him. thanks guys for your input

RW2001STS
07-10-09, 10:21 AM
Coaster did you find a place in Sacto to get your work done? I have an 01 STS with a cracked block and checked with Cadillac Auto Recycling (cadauto.com) on Recycle Road in Rancho Cordova. They refered me to two local shops for install work. AAA Auto near them and Joesephs Cadillac Service off of Auburn Blvd. They may be able to help you out.

Also looking through old posts found another Cad recycler and shop in Brentwood, CA. A&A Auto in Brentwood http://www.1800caddys1.biz/services.html

RW

coaster
07-10-09, 05:57 PM
rw2001sts thank you very much i will check them out.years ago i use to go to a place in brentwood called A1 auto dismantler or a&a auto dismantler for caddys when i had a 1980 eldo to get parts. and they use to have a micannic there hope its the same place.its been 20 years since i been there. will let you know what ifind thank you