: European Style tail lights

jwa999
06-23-09, 03:11 PM
Here's some pictures of the european style tail lights on my Diamond White.
Got them of ebay. GM Part# 19211989

readyact
06-23-09, 03:56 PM
Looks nice especially the third brake light/spoiler.

rjoffe
06-23-09, 04:11 PM
I hope that dealership is paying you monthly for the advertising you are providing to them.

RWFJR
06-23-09, 04:20 PM
Sweet...:cool2:

SSideways
06-23-09, 04:34 PM
looks sweet. got pic of them lit up?

jwa999
06-23-09, 06:48 PM
looks sweet. got pic of them lit up?

Regular Lights on, Brake Lights on and Brake lights in the sun.

Regular Lights, only the vertical clear bar in lit up.

mrdci
06-23-09, 08:08 PM

Looks a little ricey to me. Not my cup of tee.

OldRoadDawg
06-23-09, 08:12 PM
looks a little ricey to me. Not my cup of tee.
X2 ... too much chrome showing thru

Tasos
06-23-09, 11:00 PM
I too like the original better. Almost looks cheap, ie ricey. Sorry, not trying to flame you. If you like them, good for you.

aceofblitz
06-23-09, 11:16 PM
My car comes like that from the dealership, the Vs here are assembled in Austria, and turn signals HAVE to be amber and not a flashing red as standards require it. I'd like to note that the spoler/center light is red on my car, only the sides are clear. It might look weird in pictures, but they look good in person.

stevenash71
06-23-09, 11:28 PM
Here's some pictures of the european style tail lights on my Diamond White.
Got them of ebay. GM Part# 19211989

nice, definately gotta take of the "CREST" of the top of you V imblem. Have you thought of painting the piece between the exhaust and also the front piece on your front spoiler? I did and man what a diffrence. Make sure a good painter does it if not its gonna look like crap.:bighead:

jwa999
06-23-09, 11:53 PM
I too like the original better. Almost looks cheap, ie ricey. Sorry, not trying to flame you. If you like them, good for you.

You're not hurting my feelings. I just wanted to try something different. When I found them for a reasonable price, i figure i'll give it a try.

The tail lights are actually identical to the red ones, except the outer lens is clear instead of red. The original CTS-V 3rd light is different from the standard CTS 3rd light. The V is all red, whereas the regular has a black rim around it. Also, this clear 3rd light has a gray rim around it.

No amber in the lights, so the're different from the actual european issue.

I find that the original red 3rd light is actually more pronounced that this clear one. But if I add a spoiler...

And they're easy to swap out,

Hans.

Caddyscat
06-25-09, 08:01 PM
I hate when dealers put their damn emblems on cars like that, especially over the V that matters! Cool post.

alwaysme
06-27-09, 05:17 AM
hello

my car comes like that from the dealership, however id like to note that it seems ricey on the OP ride because for some reason there is too much red visible inside those tail lights...mine is clear all through and looks 10000x better than that

weird :))

NormV
06-27-09, 07:53 AM
Looks very Opel'ish as will the new Buick rear lighting. :)

Norm

GM-4-LIFE
06-27-09, 02:51 PM
jwa999,

The export taillights I had on my 07 STS-V were similar to this. They were clear, but they had red when braking and amber when signaling to turn.

Also, did you get all 3 lamps with one GM part number? There should be 3 separate GM part numbers for this set-up.

Were they plug and play or were any modifications necessary in the wiring?

I would like to get the actual european taillights with the amber in them. Anyone have the GM part numbers for the true GM export taillights with the amber portion in them as well as the export 3rd brake light to match?

SG

jwa999
06-27-09, 03:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's one part number.

It looks like the export tail light is the same as the US. Completely Red.
My tail light is silver on a a light gray plastic mounting.

It's a straight swap. All mounting and connectors are the same.

Here as some more on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160333742319

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120414617044

Hans.

Sorentj
06-29-09, 05:07 AM

Does it have yellow blinkers??

jwa999
06-29-09, 10:43 AM
Does it have yellow blinkers??
nop. blinks red.

Hans.

ctsv5005
06-29-09, 03:27 PM
jwa999,

The export taillights I had on my 07 STS-V were similar to this. They were clear, but they had red when braking and amber when signaling to turn.

Also, did you get all 3 lamps with one GM part number? There should be 3 separate GM part numbers for this set-up.

Were they plug and play or were any modifications necessary in the wiring?

I would like to get the actual european taillights with the amber in them. Anyone have the GM part numbers for the true GM export taillights with the amber portion in them as well as the export 3rd brake light to match?

SG

i have euro lights in my car as im living in dubai. and have gulf specs car. are you willing to exchange? im interested in the red as i have a red color V

vperl
06-30-09, 03:58 AM
Got to say, they do look like that car the other day on I-5 with that coffee can muffler tip and tail lights

as long as you like'em that is all that matters

Sorentj
07-02-09, 04:50 PM
i have euro lights in my car as im living in dubai. and have gulf specs car. are you willing to exchange? im interested in the red as i have a red color V

I'm interested in exchanging, as soon as I get my car in August if yours has amber blinkers.

SorenTJ,
Denmark

Sorentj
07-02-09, 04:55 PM
aceofblitz,

Do you know how to get hold of the true European ones - with amber blinker?

SorenTJ
Denmark

Dr. Design
07-03-09, 12:14 AM
Give us a call. Just shipped some to a customer in Italy.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

aceofblitz,

Do you know how to get hold of the true European ones - with amber blinker?

SorenTJ
Denmark

GM-4-LIFE
07-03-09, 11:23 AM
Give us a call. Just shipped some to a customer in Italy.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

How much do the true export taillights cost and do they have the amber signals? Any pics of them on a car when lit?

Are they true plug and play in terms of the install?

Thanks!

SG

ctsv5005
07-03-09, 11:47 AM
I'm interested in exchanging, as soon as I get my car in August if yours has amber blinkers.

SorenTJ,
Denmark

you mean orange light for the turn left or turn right signal? if thats what u meant, then yes i do have them.

Dr. Design
07-03-09, 03:14 PM
Hello,
List price is $875 for the set. Unfortunately I do not have any images of them on a car lit. They do have the amber turn signal as well.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/CONTENT.jpg
THIS IS NOT PLUG AND PLAY. You will need to rewire the harness leading into the back of the lamps.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

How much do the true export taillights cost and do they have the amber signals? Any pics of them on a car when lit?

Are they true plug and play in terms of the install?

Thanks!

SG

mrsaif
10-27-13, 08:32 AM
Hi

I'm in Middle East in DUBAI I have European style tail lights on my car Sedan cts-v 2011 .. I Buy red tail lights from eBay but not work

I ask some one he tell me i need connection or wire to make it work

can any one help me

Dr. Design
10-28-13, 03:02 PM
Hello,
The harness is pinned a little different. Have someone trace the wires and repin accordingly, then you should be set.

Thanks,

Dr. Design

Hi

I'm in Middle East in DUBAI I have European style tail lights on my car Sedan cts-v 2011 .. I Buy red tail lights from eBay but not work

I ask some one he tell me i need connection or wire to make it work

can any one help me

iVwishing
12-08-13, 04:12 PM
I just purchased a pair of these export lamps. Is there any online info or diagram on how to re-pin the lamp harness for CTS & V's?