: Boy do I have a story for you,regarding Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash's 65 Caddy

Hooligan63
06-23-09, 09:23 AM
So,I have a friend who is a bit of a collector,mostly pre war and war time automobiles,but he has one special post war vehicle that he will work on restoring.He has what I believe is a 1965 Cadillac Sedan DeVille that was once owned by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.Actually,I'm sure the car was once owned by them,I just am not sure on the year,it's been a while since I talked to him.I have seen the car in person,and seen the documentation to prove it(He has a huge Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash memorabilia collection,which included a June Carter Cash photo album and scrap book that belonged to June herself,and has a picture of the Cadillac with the same plate as the one on the car,and the cars are identical).It was a trip to see this car in person,and touch the original interior where they once sat and drove.Story goes,Johnny bought June this Sedan after he wrapped her other Cadillac around a pole during one of his binges.There is some slight rust damage to the Cadillac,due to the fact that the previous owners tried to pry the trunk open with a crowbar because they couldn't find the trunk key,and it made a gap between the fender lip and trunk lip,which let water get in during rain storms and it rotted away at the rear quarter panels.When I see him again,I'll try to get pics of the car.Wonder if he ever got the trunk open,and if he did,what was in it?

dkozloski
06-24-09, 02:51 AM
Next thing you'll tell us that he got it one part at a time and it didn't cost him a dime.

77CDV
06-24-09, 03:14 AM
:histeric:

Hooligan63
06-24-09, 06:43 AM
Next thing you'll tell us that he got it one part at a time and it didn't cost him a dime.

Funny,but no,But he is going to have to repair the rear quarters on piece at a time.