: Failed to Signal Intent

Cream_Devil_91
06-23-09, 02:07 AM
So I just got a ticket for "Failing to signal my intent to turn". I was parked at a gas station and pulled out onto the highway and of course he's gonna pull the yellow cadillac over...:mad: Kinda crazy cause today I sent in my certificate of completion for a defensive driving course I took to keep a speeding ticket off my record. Fail to signal intent isn't as bad as speeding on your record I guess...:rolleyes: Oh yea it was 11:30 at night in a small town with no other cars at the station or anywhere on the road in sight... *sigh*

Maybe I should fight it and say I used a hand signal and the officer just didn't see it... hehe :cool2:

Anyone ever been in the same boat? I wasn't aware you had to use a signal in that situation, the way the parking lot was made with the road it was more of a "merge", not a turn, onto the road. 197 bucks too :nono:

gary88
06-23-09, 02:22 AM
Take it to court. Chances are you'll either get it reduced or thrown out completely.

tman2093
06-23-09, 03:18 AM
Anytime you enter or exit a state maintained roadway, you must signal. On private property though you don't have to. You dont had to stop at the stop signs either, but if you cause an accident, you're in trouble still.

At least those are the laws in NC.

Sevillian273
06-23-09, 09:48 AM
197 seems pretty steep for just a signal. I got pulled by a sheriff doin 65 in a 40 - she knocked it down to 55 and the ticket was 180.

Hooligan63
06-23-09, 09:57 AM
Anytime you enter or exit a state maintained roadway, you must signal. On private property though you don't have to. You dont had to stop at the stop signs either, but if you cause an accident, you're in trouble still.

At least those are the laws in NC.

Bingo,same as here in California.You even have to hit your turn signal when pulling away from a curb in to traffic

EcSTSatic
06-23-09, 12:20 PM
Your situation seems harmless, but I wish they would crack down on drivers with cell phones, butts, and coffee in their hands who don't signal. It's exactly what it's called; signal of intent.

Cream_Devil_91
06-23-09, 12:45 PM
Yea 197 is definitely an absurd amount for something so minor I feel, but nearly every citation is set at that amount. 197 is actually the CHEAPEST on the list besides speeding, hell I could have gone 23 over and paid less according to their fines...ugh I'm gonna call the courthouse and see what I can do, probably helps I know the mayor really well too haha

dkozloski
06-23-09, 12:59 PM
I hate sore losers. He caught you fair and square. Pay up and don't do it again.

Rolex
06-23-09, 02:37 PM
I hate sore losers. He caught you fair and square. Pay up and don't do it again.

:haha:

93DevilleUSMC
06-23-09, 02:48 PM

Koz beat me to it. It may seem like a minor violation to you, but what if someone had been hurt because they didn't get your signal and hit you?

It was a simple mistake. Pay, learn, do not repeat.

gothicaleigh
06-23-09, 03:26 PM
I'm not really a fan of people who can't be bothered enough to move a finger a couple inches to flick a turn signal. Really aggravates me when they brake in front of me before signalling their intentions too. Come on people, it's not that hard to do.

That said, the fine does seem a bit steep for such a minor infraction. Being the only car on the road, the cop could have been decent and let you off with a warning too.