: Blue Devil vs Blue Angel

N0DIH
06-22-09, 09:04 PM
Wow....

Guess who wins?

http://www.motortrend.com/av/features/112_0908_chevy_corvette_zr1_vs_jet_fighter_video/index.html

Sevillian273
06-22-09, 09:51 PM
Hornet - 1, Vette - Pwned.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-23-09, 01:23 AM
I could have told you who would win. The F18 can climb vertically to 15,000 feet in just over a minute. Lets see as ZR1 do that.

eXile
06-23-09, 02:20 AM
The Superhornet has always been one of my favorite jet RIGHT next to the YF-22 Raptor.

I've always wanted to be a Fight Pilot and will always want to be. Something about breaking the sounds barrier once and sometimes twice over is just such a huge adrenaline rush nothing can replace it in my mind.

Both machines are amazing in their own respects, its good to see that the two men could show proper respect for each other. It seemed genuine and not that fake crap you see on T.V.

Submariner409
06-23-09, 08:26 AM
From those who care enough to send the very best............

Lucky enough to do about the same ride in an F4 Phantom in '69 while stationed in the Med. Sub duty was safer.........

93DevilleUSMC
06-23-09, 08:55 AM
They sent General Motors against the United States Navy, and, like any other bastard who has tried it, GM got sunk. SUNK!!

Submariner409
06-23-09, 09:39 AM
The whole deal was a win-win PR video for both sides. Just like when we would take a whole group of families out for a day or two on a submarine, or the aircraft carrier guys would load families in Jacksonville for a 3-day trip to Norfolk. You should see the look on a 6 year old kid's face as he/she "drives" a submarine or sits on the shoulders of a F14 pilot.

CIWS
06-23-09, 09:56 AM
Top Gear's version was MUCH better. That was borderline boring for the first minutes. It appears that like Hollywood even the American car shows can't help but use others ideas.

C&C
06-23-09, 12:10 PM
Very cool, both rides. The Vette was rock steady accelerating; next to no steering wheel movement. And I sure would like to get a ride in a fighter (but that seems to be reserved for publicity and celebrities). Enjoyed none the less.

gothicaleigh
06-23-09, 04:02 PM
Top Gear's version was MUCH better. That was borderline boring for the first minutes. It appears that like Hollywood even the American car shows can't help but use others ideas.

Exactly what I was thinking. Loved Top Gear's original version of this "race" with the Veyron and I love the ZR1, so why am I so bored to tears with Motor Trend's version? Poor showing MT. :gothicaleigh:

N0DIH
06-23-09, 04:21 PM
Got a link to the Top Gear story? I love watching that would a cool one.

The LS7 story was a good one....

Submariner409
06-23-09, 06:45 PM
..................guess everyone prefers the climax without the foreplay. Instant gratification.

There are darn few twists you can stir into a F18/Corvette shootout, or even the Veyron (lust...). It ain't Hollywood, kids........it's all in fun.

gary88
06-23-09, 07:25 PM
Got a link to the Top Gear story? I love watching that would a cool one.

The LS7 story was a good one....

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ9X9A2efA

mighty_quad4
06-23-09, 07:29 PM
The Superhornet has always been one of my favorite jet RIGHT next to the YF-22 Raptor.

I've always wanted to be a Fight Pilot and will always want to be. Something about breaking the sounds barrier once and sometimes twice over is just such a huge adrenaline rush nothing can replace it in my mind.

Both machines are amazing in their own respects, its good to see that the two men could show proper respect for each other. It seemed genuine and not that fake crap you see on T.V.

actually its pretty boring. breaking the speed is sound is uneventful.

CIWS
06-24-09, 08:44 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Loved Top Gear's original version of this "race" with the Veyron and I love the ZR1, so why am I so bored to tears with Motor Trend's version? Poor showing MT. :gothicaleigh:

It was the whole ZR1 presentation and history lesson of the B.A. they had to go through before getting to the meat of what it was actually about.

C&C
06-24-09, 02:52 PM
Liked both video; no reason to cast dispersions at either of them.

Submariner409
06-24-09, 07:47 PM
No one is dispersing, dispensing, or disbursing aspersions - to each his own. :sneaky: