: OK.. I give up... where is it hiding?

trackbait
06-22-09, 03:52 PM
So, the manual says there are TWO fuse boxes located under the rear seat on each side. Hum.. where the hell are they? The directions are pretty clear in the manual to remove the rear bench seat bottom and one is on each side? HUM? Where? All I see is a ganglion of wires coming from the floor beneath the seat that sort of heads of behind the rear seat back somewhere.

First, why the hell would they put fuse boxes back there where you have to take seats out to get to them instead of on the drivers side instrument panel/dash by the door like everyone else does? I don't want to have to disassemble the car to get to a fuse panel. GEEESH........

I'm becoming dissolusioned at many of the "WHY DID THEY DO THAT" crap on this car. Are we sure these cars weren't built by the same folks we talk to for a help line that goes to India?

themightymezzo
06-22-09, 04:10 PM
All I see is a ganglion of wires

Wish I could help you but you had me cracking up with that comment. :histeric:

ddgm
06-22-09, 05:36 PM
You have to pull the carpet towards the front seat a bit, it's like a
flap or at least it is on a 2005.

Doug

next2pool
06-22-09, 07:40 PM
There's not much room under the instrument panels on new cars these days. They try to place the fuses as close to the power sources as possible--which these days are the body computers and modules--for sure not like the old days.

trackbait
06-22-09, 11:36 PM
There's not much room under the instrument panels on new cars these days. They try to place the fuses as close to the power sources as possible--which these days are the body computers and modules--for sure not like the old days.

Yeah - I guess that is true. My C5 vette had another huge box under the passenger footwell. That was not much fun getting in and out of that either.

I still think having to physically remove an entire seat cushion is a bit stupid.

amgqmp1
06-22-09, 11:36 PM
I'm becoming dissolusioned at many of the "WHY DID THEY DO THAT" crap on this car. Are we sure these cars weren't built by the same folks we talk to for a help line that goes to India?

I know how you feel. At 17,275 miles on an '05, I'm facing a list of issues (most of them minor, but the point still remains):

- Climate control door noise
- Chipping start button
- Squeaky drivers seat
- Drivers door power lock stops working for days on end (it's the door handle micro switches, apparently)

I can live with the first three, but I can also see myself paying to have a door handle replaced in the near future.

The disillusionment passes quickly as soon as I drive anywhere...the STS is truly my favorite car I've owned...and that's a long list.

Good luck, and I hope neither of us ever has to face anymore ganglions of anything with these cars. :cool2: