: '99 Seville STS

johnfulwider
06-22-09, 09:46 AM
Engine stalls......not every time but about 50% of the time--after idling at lights, etc. And also---if moving very slow---like pulling into the garage.

I replaced oxygen sensor (only code that appeared ) That helps the power--but still stalling.

Thanks for your help !! John

P.S. I am a PGA golf instructor for 30 years---I can return the favor there ! :O)

Submariner409
06-22-09, 10:19 AM
Read the sticky thread at the top of the page down in Cadillac technical Discussion, Technical Tips: How to pull codes on.........and later Seville/Deville. When you pull your first codes, write them down but don't clear them. Use the links to decipher each code and come back here.

(Just realized you been there, done that - sorry. not enough coffee yet..........)

If you get P0335/6, P0385/6, and maybe P0300 you have a CKP (CranKshaft Position sensor) fault. www.rockauto.com or www.gmotors.com, $110 in parts (get both sensors) and a couple of your hours on your back. Not fun, but do-able.

(Too bad Lexus wouldn't let Danica Patrick in the U.S. Open advertising mix - Ford wanted to have her in a "topless" Mustang and Lexus said "No".)

Ranger
06-22-09, 11:19 AM
Also don't overlook a good TB cleaning.

Danica Patric topless? :bouncy:

Submariner409
06-22-09, 12:46 PM
Not Danica - the Mustang - Ford's answer to the stupid "topless" Lexus ads during the U.S. Open.

Ranger
06-22-09, 04:43 PM
You just had to spoil the image, didn't you Sub. :(

Submariner409
06-22-09, 06:48 PM
....................she can stir my gearshift any time. :sneaky: