: Cramped Right Foot

Tony407
06-22-09, 04:38 AM
Anyone else notice that the carpeting next to the gas pedal does not stay pushed over against the transmission hump, so it pushes your toes inward towards the brake pedal? I can push the carpeting away from the gas pedal but it won't stay there. My foot just feels a little claustrophobic and sometimes it hits the edge of the brake pedal depending on what shoes I wear.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this or done a fix for it.

Tony

chopmeat
06-22-09, 10:58 AM
Absolutely Not!

Low_ET
06-22-09, 08:39 PM
Yes, I have the same problem. My big foot hits the brake pedal when I apply the gas and when I lift off to brake. I know we aren't the only ones. It was mentioned in the thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/171605-test-drive-questions.html

I haven't found a solution yet (but I haven't been looking very hard).

Tony407
06-22-09, 08:49 PM
Yes, I have the same problem. My big foot hits the brake pedal when I apply the gas and when I lift off to brake. I know we aren't the only ones. It was mentioned in the thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/171605-test-drive-questions.html

I haven't found a solution yet (but I haven't been looking very hard).

Thanks. I just posted my observation in that thread as well.

It shouldn't be too difficult to fix, it's just a matter of figuring the best way to keep the carpeting over where it needs to be. I don't want to permanently attach it (adhesive for example) because when I upgrade the stereo I'm sure I'll want to be able to pull the carpeting back for wiring.

Tony

Rodya234
06-22-09, 08:53 PM
glue some Velcro down in the place you want it to stay. Should maintain position under moderate force, and is removable when you need it to be. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Tony407
06-22-09, 11:34 PM
glue some Velcro down in the place you want it to stay. Should maintain position under moderate force, and is removable when you need it to be. Problem solved. :thumbsup:

I was thinking of something along those lines. I had already called a few hobby shops looking for Velcro without luck. Thanks.

Tony

rjoffe
06-23-09, 12:30 PM
Go to Lowes, they have some industrial velcro there.

thebigjimsho
06-23-09, 12:55 PM
Is this the carpet or floormats? My V1 floormats were notorious for moving too much. Bought some aftermarkets with dual anchors. Very nize...

neuronbob
06-23-09, 01:39 PM
Go to Lowes, they have some industrial velcro there.

+1 on Lowe's. I just bought some Velcro for my DVD bypass installation recently, and they have industrial strength Velcro as well.