: 2001 Deville after market Speakers

713Deville
06-21-09, 11:46 PM
so far im my car i have a T400-4 amp pushing 2 component rockford(power) and 2 coaxil(power) in the 4 door pannels. i have a T600-2 amp and am wondering, how many 6X9's can i fit in the back dash. i want to get 4 of them but if i can have 6 of them then that would be MUCH better. as far as subs go, im saving up for either 2 T2 15's or 3 T2 12's with a 2500watt amp. now my question is can i fit 6 6X9's in the back dash without any issues?

also to them out there with the P-Code issues with the crankshaft sensors and the car dies out, change out the gas cap and the crankshaft sensors. once i did that, my car never died ever again. :)

kckranz
06-23-09, 08:45 AM
I'm glad you don't live in my neighborhood ;) You should post this question in the audio forum - maybe a moderator will come along and move it there for you.

713Deville
07-08-09, 05:43 PM
oh and by the way, i went ahead and got 2 L7's (15 inch) and waiting to get back to Houston to get 1 more.

Submariner409
07-08-09, 06:06 PM
When you're 35, come back for advice on where and how to find the best hearing aids.

(Awwwwwww, A l'il noise ain't gonna hurt ME !!!)

codewize
07-10-09, 05:48 PM
LOL yeah I think that's a little excessive myself. I think any more than 1 sub is to many. Because low frequencies produced by subs are impervious to absorption by surrounding materials, it's pointless.

That's why you can locate a sub anywhere in a room or car and it'll always sound the same.

Why would you do 6x9's anyway. If you're building a system like that why not do components? Or are the 6x9's crossed with component inputs?

Sounds like a lot of wasted cash to me. I think you can build one hell of a system with half the equipment.

The whole game to audio is properly providing each speaker component with the proper wattage and reproduction frequencies.

More isn't always louder or better.

713Deville
07-11-09, 04:22 AM
the T400-4 is powering the 2 component (fore) and the 2 coaxils (aft) and the T600-2 will power 4 6x9's in the back dash. then the mono amp will power my 3 L7's. my car is already loud as hell. but i need it LOUDER! i need more HIGHS MIDS N LOWS!!! lol

codewize
07-11-09, 08:44 AM
Well, at least you picked a car with an alternator that's up to the task.

I still think you're :cookoo:

CadillacSTS42005
07-11-09, 09:02 AM
and this is in the ENGINE performance area why?

713Deville
07-23-09, 04:16 AM
uhh because it was originally going to be about my crankshaft sensors but then thought about my speakers and got off topic. come on now, dont drown in a glass of water over something so trivial. :rolleyes:

jcresciSTS
07-25-09, 08:05 PM
Forget the 6x9s. No need for them.

Get GOOD components for the front doors. Deaden them completely with Second Skin Audio (Best there is). Get an equalizer and tune it. 6x9s are horrible.

You would be better off going to sounddomain for a question like this. Its car/home audio oriented.

CadillacSTS42005
07-26-09, 04:58 PM
this has to be one of the most retarded audio threads ever...

just get good speakers to go on stock locations

why 6x9s cuz they are big, whoopie, they wont sound as good as a 6.5 in a nice enclosure molded into the door...

Nakoa
08-05-09, 10:01 AM
That's why you can locate a sub anywhere in a room or car and it'll always sound the same.

I disagree, bass frequencies take up to several feet before they develop fully, box and speaker placement are crucial. in my car ive got 2 10s, and it makes a huge difference on where i sit the box in the trunk and which way theyre facing.