: FYI Top Gear Is Back!!!

Jon
06-21-09, 07:20 PM
Best show on the planet. Season 13 debuted today.

Sevillian273
06-21-09, 08:21 PM
The Stig ftw

gary88
06-21-09, 10:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQJz04kTPJ0

I'm watching it on youtube before it gets taken down.

nikon
06-22-09, 03:30 PM
Downloading now...thanks for the headsup.

AMGoff
06-22-09, 10:13 PM
Just finished downloading... Pushing play as I type.

nikon
06-22-09, 11:15 PM
Now I wonder if schumacher has been the stig the whole time????

gary88
06-22-09, 11:35 PM
Now I wonder if schumacher has been the stig the whole time????

I'm pretty sure that was just a publicity stunt for him. There is only one black FXX without a stripe, and that one belongs to Schumacher, so I guess he (or Ferrari) didn't want anyone else driving it.

AMGoff
06-23-09, 12:12 AM
:yeah:

Schumacher isn't the Stig... He may have been "the Stig" for that day or at least the taping of the Ferrari FXX - which as Gary pointed out was his own FXX (there were only 30 made and it's unlikely that anyone would "loan" their uber-rare, 2.5 million dollar Ferrari to anyone, even the Stig to drive). Plus, up until '06 at least, I highly doubt that Ferrari would just let him run off to England whenever necessary while still racing... And he's been fairly busy since then.

If anything... It seemed fairly obvious that he was simply there to plug the new drunk driving campaign he's doing with Bacardi. Not to mention being a typical TG stunt in order to quell all of the media crap over there which has been surrounding the Stig's identity as of late.

Jon
06-23-09, 12:28 AM
I can tell you with confidence that he is not the Stig... Becauese I am the real Stig.

AMGoff
06-23-09, 12:47 AM
I can tell you with confidence that he is not the Stig... Becauese I am the real Stig.

... and I'm Batman.

:shhh:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-23-09, 01:06 AM
I'll see your Batman and raise you a Green Lantern.

eyekandyboats.inc
06-23-09, 07:42 AM
look over there, in the sky, its a bird, its a plane, no its that silly little batman symbol. wait never mind its only Jon.

Sevillian273
06-23-09, 08:24 AM
Wikipedia says his true identity is a "secret closely guarded by the BBC".

Some say that he is not machine-washable. And that after making love, he bites off the head of his partner. All we know, is that he's called The Stig.

93DevilleUSMC
06-23-09, 08:46 AM
I'll see your Batman and raise you a Green Lantern.

You and Adam are both beaten. I am Iron Man.

The Tony Show
06-23-09, 02:09 PM
The Stig is many people, depending on who they can get and where in the world they're filming at the time. His height and weight fluctuate wildly from show to show, so it's obviously been lots of different people over the course of the show.

As AMGoff said, this was just a clever way for Schumi to plug his "Don't drink and drive" campaign while giving Top Gear a big ratings boost. That said, the FXX doesn't belong on the power board since it isn't a street car. The Ascari qualified only because of the hydraulically raising front end that allows it to clear a speedbump, but the FXX has none of the gear required for a street legal car. By Top Gear's own rules, that disqualifies it from the Power Board.

Great lap, but the Ascari and Gumpert are still the kings.

Rodya234
06-23-09, 02:33 PM
You and Adam are both beaten. I am Iron Man.

Can I take a ride in your R8, Mr.Stark?

93DevilleUSMC
06-23-09, 03:47 PM
Can I take a ride in your R8, Mr.Stark?

Traded it for Batman's tumbler.:cool:

AMGoff
06-23-09, 04:06 PM
Traded it for Batman's tumbler.:cool:

More like borrowed it without asking... I told you I didn't want no POS Audi :thehand:

ga_etc
06-23-09, 04:58 PM
More like borrowed it without asking... I told you I didn't want no POS Audi :thehand:
In that case I'll trade you a gently used '99 ETC...

93DevilleUSMC
06-23-09, 06:17 PM

Fine, fine, I left you a 300C.

AMGoff
06-23-09, 07:53 PM
Fine, fine, I left you a 300C.

No dice Josiah - SRT-8 or nothing... Preferably in Challenger form... and a long weekend with Pepper Potts.

Those are my conditions, take it or leave it. Shiny tin-can suit or not... You don't 'eff with Batman.

93DevilleUSMC
06-23-09, 10:51 PM
No dice Josiah - SRT-8 or nothing... Preferably in Challenger form... and a long weekend with Pepper Potts.

Those are my conditions, take it or leave it. Shiny tin-can suit or not... You don't 'eff with Batman.

Okay, Adam, you get the Challenger SRT8 in either B5 Blue or Hemi Orange.

Pepper Potts is worn out from her weekend with me and is unavailable. However, I was able to locate Gwyneth Paltrow and convince her to be a very well-dressed redhead for a week. She arrives at your doorstep Friday night at 8. How you get your wife out of town is up to you.

gary88
07-19-09, 11:04 PM
New episode is most excellent, and the star in a reasonably priced car this week is :drool:

http://www.inautonews.com/video-top-gear-season-13-episode-5

I also have some inside news that the guest next week will be Jay Leno :shhh:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-19-09, 11:24 PM
I was very disappointed to find that hessmo.com has been taken down. That was the best site to find all the episodes in their entire length, not the cut down American versions.

WheatKing
07-19-09, 11:35 PM
I was very disappointed to find that hessmo.com has been taken down. That was the best site to find all the episodes in their entire length, not the cut down American versions.

check finalgear.com

Also the episodes are on mininova.. if you know how to use bittorrent.

:thumbsup:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-19-09, 11:59 PM
Sweet, hessmo.com is live again! He has a disclaimer that basically says "FU BBC" now.

fleetwood76
07-21-09, 02:51 PM
Hello.

I looked at the latest show through hessmo yesterday.
I started to think of the seats in the studio.
They look to be modified front and rear seats from a car by the look of it.
Is there anyone here that reconise the seats,from what car they are?
I think they look American judgin by the headrest.
I din't see any emblems or so tho.

Jolle

AMGoff
07-21-09, 07:24 PM
Sweet, hessmo.com is live again! He has a disclaimer that basically says "FU BBC" now.

Quickflicksnow.com is much better than hessmo... They have links (usually on zshare) up well before anyone else, usually Sunday nights right after they air over in the UK.