: D3 XLR-V Headers

VforVictory
06-21-09, 06:22 PM
Does anyone had any comments about the d3 headers for the XLR-V? I am interested in purchasing and wanted some feedback. thanks

deadringer
06-22-09, 11:36 AM
I have a set sitting in my garage in the box... I just haven't had time to install them.

They seem to be well made... I wish they would have ground down the welds on the inside, but I suppose that may be an excersize for the installer... :)

I've bought things from D3 in the past and they seem fair... so if you're worried about them as a vendor I'd imagine the transaction should go well.

zzilla
06-23-09, 05:19 PM
The primaries are only 1 and 5/8 if you would like to know more I can contact you via e-mail or phone. Legalities prevent me from discussing this on a open forum right now.
Thank you

Dr. Design
06-23-09, 06:08 PM
Hello,
Actually the primary sizes are 110% correct for the application the headers are intended for. This is a 4.4L motor and the exhaust ports on the cylinder heads are actually even smaller than the primaries.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

The primaries are only 1 and 5/8 if you would like to know more I can contact you via e-mail or phone. Legalities prevent me from discussing this on a open forum right now.
Thank you

chucks97ss
06-25-09, 11:43 AM
I'd like to see some 3rd party before and after dyno testing on them. Anyone?

deadringer
09-11-09, 11:51 PM
Thank you

My car is going into Hennessey performance here in Houston to get dyno tuned... I'm doing a lot of things at once, so it'll be unclear what the headers contributed. But my mod list now includes:

Lingenfelter 176 Degree Thermostat
D3 cold air intake
D3 Headers & Cats
Exhaust baffle bypass
Front & Rear Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars
Forgeline 3-piece wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires

I'll post my final dyno chart when I get it.