: Truck won't open with key in pocket

AllGoNShow
06-21-09, 05:11 PM
Hey guys,

Got my car back from the dealer a while ago,off warranty now so they won't even talk to me unless i want to spend my dollars there, which I don't (long story)

Anyways, got my car back from the dealer, found out they had valet mode on for some reason, took a while to figure it out but I got it. Now ever since then, I cannot walk up to my trunk and push the truck button and have it open, like normal. Ihave to push the key in my pocket or the button in the door to have the truck open.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!

K STS
06-26-09, 01:15 PM
ive never been able to get a truck to open with my STS keyfob in pocket.

K STS
06-26-09, 01:15 PM
damn truck button does nothin either.

AllGoNShow
06-26-09, 02:25 PM
haha I think you have more problems than I do. I know for sure before the dealer messed with my car that every time i went to the truck i could pop it by just using the handle and not touching the key fob or button inside the car.

turnerbend
06-26-09, 02:51 PM
Look at section 2 of your owner manual and you should be able to correct the problem.

bigdog9586
06-26-09, 03:09 PM
Reason it won't open your truck is because the remote is made for your STS CAR. Use your STS remote and maybe you can open your T R U N K.:thepan::stirpot:

WillySTS
06-26-09, 04:16 PM
damn truck button does nothin either.

My truck won't either and even the house won't! I have to laugh every time I forget to pull out the key to both of them... That STS justs spoils ya don't it?:confused:

AllGoNShow
06-26-09, 05:35 PM
thanks smartass.

Thanks turner for the ACTUAL INFORMATION.

AllGoNShow
06-26-09, 05:41 PM
Section 2 is just basics on the trunk, unless my battery is dieing only when im standing behidn my car, doesn't make sense. I always stand with my key fob closest to the trunk when i try to do it.

STE_6000
06-26-09, 09:01 PM
ya i would say check battery, also make sure the trunk lock switch in the glove compartment isnt switched to lock, then neither the flob or the release on the trunk lid will work. or the switch on the door.

AllGoNShow
06-26-09, 09:30 PM
Battery is brand new, switch isn't switched to lock. Truck button works, release button on key fob works, just not the handle.

STE_6000
06-27-09, 04:12 PM
switch my be broken, or breaking.

bigdog9586
06-27-09, 07:39 PM
Here is a wild out in left field idea. I was having problems evey once in a while with the car and seeing my remote. I'd try to open the door or start the car and it would say no FOB's I think that was the wording. Anyway one time I took the remote and put it in the slot in the center console for a while and no more problems. Wouldn't hurt anything to try.
================

Battery is brand new, switch isn't switched to lock. Truck button works, release button on key fob works, just not the handle.

AllGoNShow
06-29-09, 10:40 AM
Will try, thanks!

Dougs06sts
06-30-09, 02:59 AM
Ok, ok... I won't crack a joke about typos or spelling.

If you're pressing up on the rubber switch (in the center) with one finger for 1-2 seconds - light pressure and you don't hear a click to release the trunk, there's a 75% probability that your switch is bad. You can go to any GM dealer like your local chevy dealer and they can look up the part number and order it for you. You should be easily be able to change it out if you're mechanically inclined. Other members of this forum should be able to let you know if you'd need to disconnect the battery. I would probably do this as a prevention measure to not fry something in the electronics.

If you're not mechanically inclined, you'll need to suck it up and pay the dealer... Or you can always ignore it and just use the FOB or the switch on the drivers door.

Other things it could be:
1. You're not pressing and holding in the center of the rubber for 1-2 seconds.
2. The switch under the rubber shifted position and isn't engaging. First thing I would try to troubleshoot is feeling through the rubber for the resistance of the switch.
3. Your car's security system is engaged when you're attempting and it doesn't sense the FOB in your pocket, so it is working just the way it's supposed to. You don't want just anyone walking up and opening your trunk.
4. Something might have gone wrong with your last software update performed by the dealer.

Good luck !

AllGoNShow
06-30-09, 11:27 AM
Thanks, I may end up just ordering the part and going from there.

I have felt around the switch to ensure that the phsyical button itself is not broken and I can most definatly feel the button click down when I push on the rubber handle so I know that function is working properly. I will double check the remote/security system, lately the range has been getting shorter and shorter so the battery/remote may be the problem if it cannot get a signal to the right sensor.

Dougs06sts
06-30-09, 12:18 PM
That could be the problem. I just replaced the battery in mine because the drivers door wouldn't auto open with a tug of the handle when the security system was engaged. Worked fine with my wife's remote. If you have a #2 FOB, you might try the trunk with it in your pocket to see if you can isolate it to that.

next2pool
06-30-09, 01:03 PM
Sorry to break into this thread, but it is related. Whenever I close a door or trunklid when I have the FOB in my pocket, I hear a "whooshing" noise coming from the doors as if something is moving, but the door locks are not actuating yet. Anybody know what that is?