: How Safe Is Your Cadillac?

SoundAdvantage
06-29-03, 04:09 AM
Report from The Insurance Institute For Highway Safety,

Driver death rates by model, A rating of 100 is average, LOWER numbers indicate vehicles that are involved in Fewer Fatal accidents than average, while HIGHER numbers indicate involvement in MORE Fatal accidents. A rating of 25 for example represents a driver death rate of one fourth the average, while a rating of 295 is nearly three times the average.

Year Model Rating
1993-95 Cadillac Fleetwood = 32

1992-95 Cadillac Seville = 40

1994-95 Cadillac DeVille = 74

1992-95 Cadillac Eldorado = 87

banstyle
06-29-03, 05:25 AM
Report from The Insurance Institute For Highway Safety...

Gotta love Newtonian physics. :excited:

Are there numbers for later model years, as well?

Night Wolf
06-29-03, 11:41 AM
fine, don'y include my '93 DeVille....I see how it is :(

j/k

SoundAdvantage
06-29-03, 09:24 PM
Well.
I was doing a search on the 95 Fleetwood specs and that report was at the bottom of the page, so let me try and find some statistics for your cars, if i can i will post them in this section. :coffee:

OK Here is one place to check http://www.hwysafety.org/

elwesso
06-29-03, 11:49 PM
Sometimes those crash tests can be warped...... My Q45 has REALLY low crash test ratings, but I heard a story where someone rolled his Q multiple times going 75 on the interstate, and walked away from the scene...... So their crash testabilty and real world safety can be significantly different.....

Some tests are based on mathematical equations and computer generated instances, not on real world crashes!!!!!

And when we are talking about big cars like cadillac, they are more likely to be safer than the tests say........

Ralph
07-06-03, 12:15 AM
I heard on the news that bigger cars can also be good for multiple hits or accidents, like a chain-reaction on a freeway. A small car like a Honda Civic has a great rating, but I would only want to be hit once in it if the crumple zones are used up. :basketcas

elwesso
07-06-03, 12:32 AM
Ill tell you one thing..... The infiniti Q45 has one of the worst safety ratings (the insurance is stupid), but I would rather be in one of those than in a mini cooper, which has a 4 or 5star rating!

MMNineInchNails
07-06-03, 01:06 AM
Dude an old caddy would smash up a civic like a tin can, and then be like whups and be off on its way.

blazeone
07-06-03, 05:44 PM
Look safe to you? :eyebrow:

I'm really just a nice guy. :devil:

http://home.houston.rr.com/tlrzone/cad-sec-4.jpg

MMNineInchNails
07-06-03, 05:55 PM
lol...........

Mad'lac
07-06-03, 05:59 PM
Look safe to you? :eyebrow:

I really just a nice guy. :devil:

http://home.houston.rr.com/tlrzone/cad-sec-4.jpg

:histeric: Glad to see another Texan who agrees with "Right to bear arms"

Elvis
07-06-03, 06:23 PM
now you're scaring me.

Ralph
07-06-03, 09:42 PM
Blaze, you look like one of those disgrundled postal workers about to go on a rampage, chill dude. (but I like your style) :worship:

blazeone
07-06-03, 10:06 PM
Blaze, you look like one of those disgrundled postal workers about to go on a rampage, chill dude. (but I like your style) :worship:

Yeah in that pic I am a little pissed looking. Here I am at work.

http://home.houston.rr.com/tlrzone/vac-picbig-3.jpg

and here at play.

http://home.houston.rr.com/tlrzone/vac-picbig-16.jpg

Elvis
07-06-03, 10:24 PM
let's see...

a Cadillac, + heavy artillery + BABES

you must be a PIMP!

blazeone
07-06-03, 10:28 PM
let's see...

a Cadillac, + heavy artillery + BABES

you must be a PIMP!

LOL!

Business Development Manager "Marketing" the Heiny pic is from a tradeshow in Buenos Aires. The other is at the world superbike races in Laguna Seca.

Ralph
07-06-03, 10:35 PM
OK, just move over Dude, I want your job, can I start on Monday??! :worship:

SoundAdvantage
07-07-03, 02:19 AM
Hey Ralf if your really looking for a job the Highway Safety Division is Hiring Crash Dummies for vehicle Saftey tests> and if you get hired right away you will get in just in time for the new 2004 Honda Crash tests > Wouldn't that be Cool Ralf ? :canttalk: :burn: :contract:

banstyle
07-07-03, 06:04 AM
...the Heiny pic is from a tradeshow in Buenos Aires. .

and it's QUITE A HEINIE PIC...!!! damn! :eyebrow:

Ralph
07-07-03, 10:24 PM
Hey Ralf if your really looking for a job the Highway Safety Division is Hiring Crash Dummies for vehicle Saftey tests> and if you get hired right away you will get in just in time for the new 2004 Honda Crash tests > Wouldn't that be Cool Ralf ? :canttalk: :burn: :contract:

Actually Dude, if it payed more than i'm getting now I'll do it! But I heard you've already done that job and I don't want to follow in your footsteps, not very original, eh? :nyanya:

Liseckas
07-16-03, 10:37 PM
Report from The Insurance Institute For Highway Safety,

Driver death rates by model, A rating of 100 is average, LOWER numbers indicate vehicles that are involved in Fewer Fatal accidents than average, while HIGHER numbers indicate involvement in MORE Fatal accidents. A rating of 25 for example represents a driver death rate of one fourth the average, while a rating of 295 is nearly three times the average.

Year Model Rating
1993-95 Cadillac Fleetwood = 32

1992-95 Cadillac Seville = 40

1994-95 Cadillac DeVille = 74

1992-95 Cadillac Eldorado = 87

I can say without a doubt that my Cadillac is very safe as long as it's in the garage. No seat belts. Hard metal dash. Lots of sharp knobs for people to imbed into their skulls. A steering wheel that will crush your chest. On the other hand though I wouldn't want to be the guy in the other car that would get in my way. My '51 totalled a VW several years back with only the front bumper getting a little pushed in. That's it. Not even a scratch. The VW was a real mess. My '51 looks like it was built from recycled WWII tanks.

Elvis
07-17-03, 10:57 AM
Jay Leno said that cars like that old Caddy of yours were the ultimate car. If you had a wreck, just hose off the dashboard and sell it to the next guy.

MMNineInchNails
07-17-03, 01:27 PM
lol seriously

Killer Dobs
07-18-03, 11:34 PM
One Question, With those last 2 picts, Why at anytime would anyone be pissed with that life?
I agree caddy + Babes = Pimp excuse me BIG Pimpin'

I got it, You just killed one of your ho's, didn't you?

Killer Dobs
98STS
02SLS
:wave:

elwesso
07-18-03, 11:36 PM
I'll tell you one thing..... thats not even fair!!!