16) bstiffmanofsteel; escalade
17) zerocarpileup; esacalade
18) MacMuse; STS
19) crankedupforit; CTS-V
20) teh Ranger!!!!
21) teh Tony Show?!?!?!

Let's keep this thread just for signing up. Please post:

1) If you are coming
2) How many; just you, you and X number of friends, etc.
3) Are you driving your car; what kind (optional) just so we have an idea
4) What day(s) you plan to attend

So far the agenda is as such (please correct me if I am wrong):

Friday, August 28th:
Some are planning to meet/sight-see downtown
Museum of Science & Industry
Cruise in Downers Grove? (pm dirt_cheap_fleetwood)

Saturday, August 29th:
Afternoon meet&greet at Volo Auto Museum (http://jbrlsr.com/?aid=5336121755&bid=3235443&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.volocars.com%2F)
I will be setting up there around 11am to reserve parking spaces. For the group rate for the museum, every body needs to be present when paying
Evening racing at Great Lakes Dragway cancelled (their schedule shows a closed event)

Sunday, August 30th:
Golf outing at Cog Hill in Lemont. PM gary88 asap if you plan to attend.

I will keep this first post updated as more info becomes available. Please keep this thread official; all discussion related to the meet should go here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/163276-chicago-meet-august-28-30-discussion.html

Please pm me if you have questions/comments.

Thanks!

JimmyH
06-18-09, 02:59 PM
I will be attending:

Friday: NO
Saturday: YES; My wife and me in my CTS-V
Sunday : NO

The Tony Show
06-18-09, 03:40 PM
I am definitely considering it. Will be flying in if I attend:

Friday: NO
Saturday: YES
Sunday: YES

If I make it. :D

Jesda
06-18-09, 04:33 PM
First two days, may leave Sunday morning.

Jesda and Jen

Taking the Crossfire

gdwriter
06-18-09, 06:25 PM
My RSVP:

1)Yes
2) Me and Hoover
3) Yes, bringing the Seville
4) Friday/Saturday/Sunday

A couple of other items that might be on the agenda are Friday night dinner at Giordano's or other Chicago-style pizza joint and Sunday brunch at Granite City or some similar place before the golf game.

I have a reservation at the Red Roof Inn (http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00087) in Downers Grove since that seems to be a reasonably central location for several of the local members and they accept pets. With my AAA, I got a rate of $53.99/night. It looks like the highest rate is $69.99. I've submitted an online request about group rates if we have at least 10 rooms; when I find anything out, I'll post it in this thread.

Tony, if you fly into Midway, I'd be happy to pick you up. I could also do O'Hare for any other fly-ins.

GizmoQ
06-18-09, 07:26 PM
Please post:

1) If you are coming

1. YES
2. By myself (for now)
3. Yes, ESC-V
4. Arrive Friday nite, leaving Monday

90Brougham350
06-18-09, 09:33 PM

1) If you are coming

1) Yes
2) Me for sure, Ruthie about 95% sure
3) 93 SDV
4) Arriving late Friday, all-day Saturday, leaving Sunday morning.

Brian

gary88
06-18-09, 09:50 PM

1) If you are coming

1) Yesum
2) Most likely just me
3) 335i coupe
4) Yes/Most likely yes/Yes

Once the meet comes closer I can book a tee time at Cog Hill (http://coghillgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=725&page=40334). Green fees along with dress code are here (http://coghillgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=725&page=40448), so you can budget/pack accordingly. By then I'd need to know how many people are golfing and when you plan to leave so I can pick an earlier or later time. I can reserve up to 90 days in advance with a foursome guarantee.

gdwriter
06-18-09, 10:26 PM
Once the meet comes closer I can book a tee time at Cog Hill (http://coghillgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=725&page=40334). Green fees along with dress code are here (http://coghillgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=725&page=40448), so you can budget/pack accordingly. By then I'd need to know how many people are golfing and when you plan to leave so I can pick an earlier or later time. I can reserve up to 90 days in advance with a foursome guarantee.Put me down for golf. I'm assuming you'll book us for Course 1 or 3. The green fees are more than I usually pay, but they're not unreasonable, and it looks like a beautiful course.

If we do brunch at Granite City in Orland Park, that's only 15 minutes away from the course. Granite City opens at 10; I'd think the earliest we'd want for a tee time is 12 or 12:30. But the other golfers can chime in.

Depending on when we start I may play 18 holes or just nine. I'm planning to drive to Des Moines Sunday night for the first leg of my return trip, and it's a 5-hour drive. So I don't want to be arriving in Des Moines at midnight when I have three 600+ mile days ahead of me.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-18-09, 11:16 PM
1) Yes
2) For now just me, a friend or two may come as well
3) The Brougham or whatever else I have at the time. Looking for a replacement for the Fleetwood. If my friend comes he will bring his IROC.
4) All three or four if some people arrive late on Thursday (Gary, you were thinking about doing that right?)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-18-09, 11:52 PM
1) If you are coming

1) Yes
2) Just me, unless my "schizophrenic sidekick" decides to join also. His name is Howard Roark. :angel: :lildevil:
3) Probably, but I might ride with Brian and Ruthie.
4) Late Friday, All Day Saturday, leaving Sunday morning.

GizmoQ
06-19-09, 12:08 AM
1)Once the meet comes closer I can book a tee time at Cog Hill (http://coghillgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=725&page=40334). Green fees along with dress code are here (http://coghillgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=725&page=40448), so you can budget/pack accordingly.

No golf for me. Eat, drink and be merry pretty much covers it for me. Volo sounds great. When the time comes closer I'll decide if I'm interested in the dragway (I'll have to bring a spare pair of wheels and tires). I'll probably stay in town at a relative's house so when I arrive I'll give you guys my cell number in case plans change.

CadillacGurl
06-19-09, 03:10 PM
1. Yes
2. Just me for now, I might see if I can bring along some of my girlfriends who like cars
3. Public Transportation FTW! I might have the Avalanche, depends on the parents if they are in town.
4. All 3 days!

gdwriter
06-19-09, 03:52 PM
4) All three or four if some people arrive late on Thursday (Gary, you were thinking about doing that right?)I will most likely arrive on Thursday. Chad, if you can take Thursday and Friday off, you're welcome to ride down with me and Hoover and could ride back with Brian and Ruthie. I'd like to do the Museum of Science & Industry on Friday (morning maybe?) and maybe that super-collider thingie in the afternoon.

Are the people who planning to leave Sunday morning planning to do the brunch at Granite City? If you were there for the brunch in Des Moines in 2007, it is well worth it.

I heard back from the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove on a group rate. It's nothing lower than what's currently available on the Web site, and if you have AAA or book online, you might get a better price like I did. I know Jesda often does Priceline and gets some amazing deals on some very nice properties, but since I'm traveling with Hoover, my choices are more limited.

iowasevillests
06-20-09, 02:45 AM
1.) Unless something major comes up I'll be there
2.) Potentially a guest or two, we'll see
3.) My 03 Seville
4.) Still debating on this one....likely coming in Thurs night and heading out after brunch on Sunday

Not sure where I'm staying yet, its way to early for me to worry bout that. I'd be up for hitting up Science and Tech and Fermi Lab if those are still on for Friday, other then that I'm fair game for about anything

rangerrob
06-20-09, 04:42 AM
will attend as long as other V's sign up
will attend w 2 pax total
04 CTS-V
29th only - volo & great lakes drag

93DevilleUSMC
06-24-09, 03:28 AM
I'll be trying to drive in this year. Friday is a maybe, Saturday is definite, leaving Sunday. I may carpool with blue07cts. I'll let you guys know if I can or can't get the time off from work. Vehicle will be either my Sedan Deville or blue07cts's `08 CTS.

CadillacGurl
06-24-09, 03:47 PM
Update: I will have my mom's Sienna (I'm still pushing for my Avalanche though :D) Also Hoover will have a buddy, my 10 year old Wheaten Terrier named Gibby. My mom refuses to split Callie and Serena up since they're BFFs now. I wanted a dog for company since it's official that I will be living at my house next year so I get my Gibster. :lol:

Sporty883
06-25-09, 10:42 AM
Yes
Just Me
1992 DeVille
Saturday (Volo)
Sunday (Golf)

blue07cts
06-26-09, 12:33 AM
i took the time off work today so i'm ready. as far as everything else goes though, see 93's post:thumbsup:

Ranger
06-26-09, 10:56 AM
1. Probably
2. Just me
3. '03 DHS
4. Saturday

C0RSA1R
06-26-09, 04:44 PM
1) Yes.
2) Just myself.
3) 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
4) Not sure yet what my schedule at the new office will be, but since I'll be living right in Lisle, I can probably make it all three days without a problem.

JimmyH
06-26-09, 05:52 PM
It looks like I will most definitely have the new axles on the V before the meet. So you can see a CTS-V do a proper burnout at Great Lakes :D

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-26-09, 08:13 PM
Windows up Jimmy.

JimmyH
06-27-09, 04:37 PM
:lol:

93DevilleUSMC
06-29-09, 08:02 PM
So far the agenda is as such (please correct me if I am wrong):

Friday, August 28th:
Some are planning to meet/sight-see downtown
{more to be updated}

Who's planning to meet downtown? I'd like to meet up with you, and I think blue07cts would love to as well.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-29-09, 08:13 PM
Here is what I am planning on doing for that day.

Go to the Museum of Science and Industry downtown. It would be nice if we could get there right when it opens (like 10) so we can leave around 3 or 4. Gary and Gary are the only 2 so far that have confirmed they are doing this as well. On the way back we could do the Fermi Lab drive through. Friday evening/night I am heading to the Dowers Grove car show to hang out with the Caddy guys from the local club. Its a really good show that is filled with much more than just caddies, so I recommend going. I am there almost every week. There are about 10 food places within a few hundred feet of each other and I usually eat there anyway.

96Fleetwood
06-29-09, 08:18 PM
Friday evening/night I am heading to the Dowers Grove car show to hang out with the Caddy guys from the local club. Its a really good show that is filled with much more than just caddies, so I recommend going. I am there almost every week.

I didn't see you there the last couple of weeks..

1) Yes
2) The wife and I
3) 1996 Fleetwood Brougham if weather permits
4) Saturday only

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-29-09, 08:51 PM
I was on vacation in Missouri. The week I got back was the really bad storm and last week was Heritage fest. I am planning on being there this week though. A gal I know from work is bringing her Dakota Convertible.

blue07cts
06-30-09, 08:18 PM
i think me and 93 have decided to take my car, and i am SO down for a museum tour!

93DevilleUSMC
06-30-09, 09:56 PM
Myself and 07cts are both good to meet you guys at the museum.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-30-09, 10:37 PM
What time do you think you will get here? Remember, traffic on I-55 starts getting backed up several miles before it crosses I-80. Traffic jams there are common, even at 7pm on a Wednesday it will be slow going from I-80 all the way to I-355.

93DevilleUSMC
07-01-09, 11:26 PM
I'm not quite sure. As of now, we're planning to leave Thursday afternoon or evening and get to Chicago during the night. I figure if it's timed right, we can meet you guys right at 0955 or 1000.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-01-09, 11:46 PM
0955? What is that? :D

See if you can get a room in the same hotel as Gary. It would be beneficial if we all went in one car because parking at the museum is like $10.

gdwriter
07-02-09, 12:17 AM
I'm at the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove. Pet friendly. Hey Gary (not me, obviously), would you have access to the Escalade for a trip downtown. I'm assuming that would fit everybody most comfortably.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-02-09, 12:33 AM
Or we can asscram 5 people into a Lincoln that barely holds 2. :D

I have access to 2 full size vans if need be. It ain't a Cadillac but it gets the job done. Plus, I know they fit in the parking garage at the museum by 6 whole inches. I suppose we could also take the Brougham too. We don't have to drive through downtown, just Lake Shore Drive, and the parking garage has large spots and a special section for oversized vehicles. However, I'm down for a ride in an Escalade.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-03-09, 12:10 AM
News flash. My grandparents went to the museum today (they are members) and parking is now $16. :eek:

93DevilleUSMC
07-03-09, 10:34 PM
0955? What is that? :D

See if you can get a room in the same hotel as Gary. It would be beneficial if we all went in one car because parking at the museum is like $10.

Sorry, man, I use 24hr time format all day. 0955 is 9:55 AM. Instead of two sets of twelve hours, you have one set of 24 hours, numbered from 1-24. So, because 12 noon was the twelth hour, or 1200, 1 PM is the thirteenth hour, or 1300, so on and so forth. When you hit the 24th hour, it all resets, so midnight is 0000. See?

Technical stuff aside, I'll see about getting that room at the same hotel with GD and let you know what happens. With parking being $16, I figure we can split that cost fairly easily. Still, that is outrageous. You can park at two garages I know all day in Atlanta for $5.50-$8.00.:hmm:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-04-09, 12:44 AM
Sorry, man, I use 24hr time format all day. 0955 is 9:55 AM. Instead of two sets of twelve hours, you have one set of 24 hours, numbered from 1-24. So, because 12 noon was the twelth hour, or 1200, 1 PM is the thirteenth hour, or 1300, so on and so forth. When you hit the 24th hour, it all resets, so midnight is 0000. See?

I was being sarcastic. I guess it doesn't work well over teh internetz. I use military time as well since that is what the registers at work use.

gary88
07-04-09, 01:02 AM
We should just adopt military time altogether, it makes more sense.

93DevilleUSMC
07-05-09, 09:16 PM
Man, I'm the one guy on here who couldn't pick up internet sarcasm if it meant winninng a Bugatti.

So, concerning parking for the museum, what options do we have?

gary88
07-05-09, 09:39 PM
http://www.msichicago.org/visit-the-museum/museum-info/services/parking/

At least it's not $24 like the Hancock Center. (PS. Crown Vic Owner set a world record 11 mph up the ramp there)

Rodya234
07-06-09, 12:42 AM
I'm not paying for parking, eff that :D

I'll just crank that CTA. :histeric:

gdwriter
07-06-09, 01:01 AM
Depending on how many are going and if we can all fit in Gary's Escalade (does it have three rows?), we can split the parking and it won't be that much. Unfortunately, they can get away with charging an arm and a leg, but for a couple of bucks each, it's worth it.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-06-09, 01:47 AM
We can all dip around in the 'Lade. Afterwards we can roll in my hoopdie. :bling:

:histeric:

JimmyH
07-07-09, 12:48 PM
I am going to have to give Volo a head count soon, well, I should say a car count. So anybody else please let me know.

Based on the list so far, I have about 15 cars.

thebigjimsho
07-07-09, 10:54 PM
WTF? I have to commit now?

Rodya234
07-08-09, 07:04 AM
i haet commitment.

JimmyH
07-08-09, 12:58 PM
Nobody gas to commit to anything. But if they happen to be busy that day and they run out of parking spaces...

thebigjimsho
07-08-09, 04:03 PM
Nobody gas to commit to anything. But if they happen to be busy that day and they run out of parking spaces...
I gas for commitment and brake for freedom...

hueterm
07-08-09, 07:27 PM
Go ahead and count me in for Volo. If, for some reason, I can't make it -- is there a fee or anything? It's too far out to be 100% sure that I can make it.

CadillacSTS42005
07-08-09, 10:02 PM
its official
add me to the list, just cleared it with Nik
though i'll probably be in the Z28 not the STS
I wanna run the Vs and have a chance

so
its me +1 *gurl* in the Z28 probably all three days (though ill be late on Friday probably)

ThumperPup
07-11-09, 01:25 PM
there is a 75 percent chance that i can make it
just need to know one thing is there a specific hotel with a block rate that the group is getting for dicount rooms or is it just stay anywher ein the area that you can

?

JimmyH
07-11-09, 02:14 PM
No fees. I am just trying to reserve parking spaces at Volo, as they can get crowded on Saturdays. I think the admission to Volo is $9, but only if you actually go into the museum. I am not sure what Great Lakes is going to be if you want to run, I still have to talk to them.

ThumperPup
07-11-09, 07:46 PM
i just re aranged a few things so now im 100 percent sure so count me in as one more car

hueterm
07-11-09, 07:58 PM
The Volo museum sounds good. I guess I would go to Great Lakes and watch, but I'm not running a car.

gdwriter
07-11-09, 11:12 PM
there is a 75 percent chance that i can make it
just need to know one thing is there a specific hotel with a block rate that the group is getting for dicount rooms or is it just stay anywher ein the area that you can

?I got a better rate at Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove (~55/night) with my AAA than any group rate they offered. I think a few others may be staying there, too, but not sure.

ThumperPup
07-12-09, 01:34 AM
ill check out the red roof in but netter been a fan of it might see where or what other places are in the area might find a starwood or mariot property and use points for a free room only reason i would stay at the red roof in is if there was a block or group rate and others where stayin gthere also

gdwriter
07-12-09, 03:07 AM
I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn because it's pet friendly and close to several of the local members. And I'm cheap.

ThumperPup
07-12-09, 07:59 AM
I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn because it's pet friendly and close to several of the local members. And I'm cheap.

seems like i cant find anyting close by for less than 90 a nite
oh well guess thats where ill probably stay also

i would bring my dog but she is a beagle and if i leave the room for 2 minutes to go get ise she would cry whimper and scratch at the door iw ould get a 300 dollar pill proably for ruining the room with her
she goes crazy if she cant see me for 5 seconds LOL and she willl howl for 3 hours ontill she gets tired
if im not around

gdwriter
07-12-09, 02:09 PM
Hoover has a bit of separation anxiety, but he has excellent hotel manners. I've never had a problem; he settles down within a few minutes. Were he not such a well-behaved traveler, I probably wouldn't bring him along.

hueterm
07-12-09, 03:41 PM
That's because he knows that soon he will "go for a ride" :-)

gdwriter
07-12-09, 04:12 PM
I was surprised on the trip to Des Moines two years ago that he never got tired of riding, even after spending practically the entire day in the car (although we made more frequent rest stops than I would have on my own). He was always ready to go.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-12-09, 07:28 PM
Well guys, I've got some not-so-good news. My cousin is getting married on the 29th, so I'll be going to that instead.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-12-09, 08:36 PM
Booooo!

gdwriter
07-13-09, 12:50 AM
Well guys, I've got some not-so-good news. My cousin is getting married on the 29th, so I'll be going to that instead.Aw, crap. If this isn't a close cousin, I don't see why you can't just send a gift. If you're close, then it's a different matter.

Regardless, I'll still come through Minneapolis and check out Hooked on Classics with you.

thebigjimsho
07-13-09, 08:46 AM
The douche acts like Minnesota is far from Chicago...

JimmyH
07-13-09, 01:58 PM
a meet without Chad? how can that be?

gary88
07-13-09, 02:18 PM
People get married every day. There is only one Chicago meet. The choice is yours...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-13-09, 08:03 PM
The douche acts like Minnesota is far from Chicago...

Distance isn't the problem there buddy.

93DevilleUSMC
07-13-09, 08:36 PM
What? No Chadillac at a meet? How dare this be!?

thebigjimsho
07-13-09, 08:46 PM
How dare you leave us hanging Chad... :yawn:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-13-09, 08:47 PM
hanging chad. was that pun intended?

ThumperPup
07-13-09, 10:03 PM
do what i did when my brother got movied pretend you never got the invite
lol

thebigjimsho
07-13-09, 10:54 PM
hanging chad. was that pun intended?
:yup:

JimmyH
07-28-09, 09:03 PM
Info from Volo:

Hi Jim, Cyndi passed your email on to me. I have your groups down for August 29th, Saturday. The group rate for 15 or more people is $7.00 each. We would prefer that groups enter at one time. If you are here early (we open at 10:00 am) the back parking lot will be empty. You are welcome to park anywhere in the west side park grassy area. Thank you, Myra Grams, Volo Auto Museum

GizmoQ
07-28-09, 09:17 PM
Info from Volo:

Great work. Sounds like a great photo op, too.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-28-09, 10:40 PM
On Saturday, I sent in my RSVP for my cousin's wedding, so it's finalized. I'll see Gary D in Minneapolis on Thursday, and I'll catch the rest of you next spring.

But I will bring the Regal up to the track near me before summer is out, so I'll know what she'll run. :yup:

GLaPak
07-30-09, 09:18 PM
1) Ye
2) Garrett and Crystal
3) Yes. 01 DTS, black
4) Saturday

Jesda
07-31-09, 06:54 AM
1) Bang your cousin's fiance
2) Wedding canceled
3) Come to Chicago meet

EVERYBODY WINS!

gdwriter
07-31-09, 02:23 PM
1) Bang your cousin's fiance
2) Wedding canceled
3) Come to Chicago meet

EVERYBODY WINS!What if said cousin is female? :eek:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-31-09, 04:22 PM
What if said cousin is female? :eek:

There's a first time for everything. :D

GizmoQ
07-31-09, 06:13 PM
There's a first time for everything. :D

First time, you give him too much credit :hide:

96Fleetwood
07-31-09, 09:20 PM
Count met out, I just got put on call the 29th... :helpless:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-02-09, 10:30 AM
What if said cousin is female? :eek:

She is.

hueterm
08-03-09, 09:35 AM
Sorry guys -- have to bow out.

Ranger
08-03-09, 10:26 PM
Me too. Just found out my daughters future inlaws are coming over on the 29th (our first meeting).

JimmyH
08-03-09, 10:27 PM
I would think that would make you want to come to the meet even more :D

Jesda
08-04-09, 06:31 AM
Attendance is mandatory.

gdwriter
08-04-09, 12:23 PM
Me too. Just found out my daughters future inlaws are coming over on the 29th (our first meeting).What time of day? The Volo meet will probably be mid-day. If it's meeting for dinner, you could still make it.

Ranger
08-04-09, 02:51 PM
They are coming in from Michigan. Probably around 1:00 or 2:00.

bstiffmanofsteel
08-04-09, 10:20 PM
Count me and Zerocarpileup in for Fridays activities. 2 2002 Escalades, red and green!

MacMuse
08-08-09, 12:22 AM
noob to this whole concept, but I'm local so I'll give a couple days a shot.

Just me
'06 STS
Fri (Downers Grove)
Sat (Volo)

Do you ever try to do a drive-through/by a local Caddy dealer just to say hi?

iowasevillests
08-08-09, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately I have to bow out at this point as well. I'm attempting to buy my first house and thanks to an unfortunate setback(water quality test on the private well serving the house) I may be moving that weekend instead of this coming weekend like I was originally hoping. Not really wanting to miss out on this event but at this point I need to be around so I can get this house deal done and get moved in so I'm not paying rent and mortgage.

crankedupforit
08-09-09, 09:04 AM
Ill be there on Saturday only. Volo is 15 minutes from me. Sounds like fun. BTW Volo alone is worth the trip.

Mike

ThumperPup
08-10-09, 11:40 AM
Im not going to be able to make it have had a few things come up over the last few weeks and just can';t make it
work oh my i hate it

96Fleetwood
08-11-09, 08:13 AM
I was able to switch my call to Sunday the 30th.

I am good for the Downers cruise night and Volo. As long as the weather is nice, the Fleetwood will be the ride of choice.

JimmyH
08-11-09, 11:55 AM
What time is everyone planning on getting to Volo? I figure I will get there around 11am and setup camp since it's 2 minute drive from my house.

If folks want to bbq, I can get some hot dogs and such, but someone else will have to bring a grill, since I currently do not have one.

JimmyH
08-11-09, 12:11 PM
Here is a map of the area and how to get there:

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/misc/volo2.jpg

I will likely set up somewhere in the green area:

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/misc/volo1.jpg

Ranger
08-11-09, 09:23 PM
Looks like I might be back on for Volo.

JimmyH
08-11-09, 09:27 PM
All is right with the world now :cloud9:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-11-09, 10:19 PM
Ranger, you must come. I would really like to meet you and your DHS.

Elias, if the Fleetwood is able to make it on Friday night, I need to get some pictures of our two cars together. I think it would be a cool shot.

93DevilleUSMC
08-13-09, 06:21 PM
Ranger and Elias, I'd love to meet you both.

96Fleetwood
08-13-09, 06:51 PM
Ranger and Elias, I'd love to meet you both.

Likewise!

90Brougham350
08-19-09, 03:35 PM
Out. Grandmother's 95th birthday, whole family is flying in from around the country. I protested. I lost.

Brian

gdwriter
08-19-09, 05:08 PM
Hey Brian, did Chad tell you I'm coming through the Twin Cities next Wednesday? Was planning to do dinner with you guys; will be nice to meet Ruthie.

90Brougham350
08-20-09, 08:02 PM
Oh score! Good times, I'd love to meet for dinner.

Brian

CadillacSTS42005
08-23-09, 11:55 AM
AC is shot on the Z28...
may be bringing the Caddy now instead

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-23-09, 01:50 PM
Hey Brian, did Chad tell you I'm coming through the Twin Cities next Wednesday? Was planning to do dinner with you guys; will be nice to meet Ruthie.

Oh score! Good times, I'd love to meet for dinner.

Brian

http://morts-deli.com/images/logo.gif

-or-

http://www.gcfb.net/images/home_logo.jpg

Or perhaps....

http://www.leibowit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/050908_dh_01.jpg

???????

I vote Mort's. It's expensive, but goddamn it's worth it.

edgaras
08-23-09, 04:26 PM
1) Yes
2) For now just me, few girls and Carlos
3) 1971 DeVille
4) Friday, Saturday

Hi guys, I am new here. I am planning to come on Friday and Saturday. Will bring myself, small puppy Carlos (I cannot leave him alone as he is too young) and few girls. Carlos may be a good company for gdwriter’s Hoover. Does anybody know if small pets are allowed inside Volo. Carlos is only 5 months old and weights only 90 pounds :) . Hope there will be some space for the DeVille on Main St in Downers Grove on Friday.

JimmyH
08-23-09, 07:59 PM
I doubt you can bring pets inside the museum proper, but I doubt anyone will even notice if they are in the parking lot if you keep them low profile.

By few girls, you mean, your kids? or some eye candy?

edgaras
08-23-09, 10:46 PM
Pardon for not being clear. Girls are not my daughters. As I know ladies are at the age of not being required to sit in the car seat on the rear bench of car. It depends on the taste and what type of candy you like.

JimmyH
08-23-09, 10:48 PM
well, I am married, so my tastes are probably not the benchmark to go by ;)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-24-09, 01:47 AM
I like Jolly Ranchers. :)

GizmoQ
08-24-09, 09:10 PM
I prefer creamy milk chocolate.

Kael
08-25-09, 01:13 PM
If there is a dinner friday night I might be able to make it.
I nearly live at Volo I have been there so much.

So for saturday you guys are golfing or what?
I read the thread and it gets a little convoluted.

MacMuse
08-25-09, 04:39 PM
I read the thread and it gets a little convoluted.

As I learned from another thread... check the very first post in this thread - it gets updated with the current agenda.

93DevilleUSMC
08-25-09, 06:21 PM
Well, blue07CTS can't make it, so my transportation is out. Are there any members driving up from the Southeast that I could ride up with?

gdwriter
08-26-09, 01:11 AM
If there is a dinner friday night I might be able to make it.
I nearly live at Volo I have been there so much.

So for saturday you guys are golfing or what?
I read the thread and it gets a little convoluted.Golf is Sunday. Gary88 is making a reservation at Cog Hill in Lemont (not sure the time yet). Friday night is the cruise-in in downtown Downers Grove (central to a number of the locals). I understand there are plenty of good places to eat in the immediate area.

JimmyH
08-26-09, 01:33 PM
Any time frame and/or starting point for Friday nights congregation?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-26-09, 04:41 PM
Well, I usually show up in downtown downers around 4:30-5ish. We will have to see what time we get done at the museum. I park down in the parking lot by the train station. Here it is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=downers+grove&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=nJ2VSvOYBo-kMKPaufoH&ll=41.7953,-88.008594&spn=0.001022,0.002411&t=h&z=19

bstiffmanofsteel
08-26-09, 06:21 PM
I have neve done a forum meet before, I am actually looking forward to meeting you guys. While in Downers Grove feel free to shop at AAA Jewelry and Diamond at 1205 Ogden. They are the best!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
08-26-09, 11:45 PM
Its always fun meeting strange people from the internet. :)

GizmoQ
08-27-09, 01:05 AM
O.K. I booked my room at the Red Roof Inn for Friday and Saturday. GDWriter, I hope you don't mind a madd, internet junkie, smoker hanging out in the same hotel. I should arrive Friday about 3PM.

P.S. I searched the net for discount codes and got my room for $43.99/day.

gdwriter
08-27-09, 01:12 AM
Never mind. I didn't see that JD had already posted an answer about Friday. Gizmo, I don't mind having you at the same hotel at all, but damn you got a smoking rate. I thought the $53.99/night I got was awfully good.

Plus, you'll get to meet my cool dog. I think Hoover's a little tired of being cooped up in the car, but he doesn't complain (unlike kids) and continues to be an excellent travel companion. We'll get to walk around a bit tomorrow before hitting the road.