: 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Door Speakers

06-18-09, 02:55 PM
My name is Thomas and I have bought a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham a few weeks ago. This is my first car and I want to take care of it so I will have a long time enjoying it. It has 150,625 miles on it. (241000kms) The owner was a 70 year old gentleman that has lost his wife. It is clean inside and out. It has the 5.7l Corvette engine in it. I like the torque that it builts up at low RPM's :) . He has put in $3000 worth of repairs/upgrades. New alternator, new water pump, new tires, new top, fully serviced and cleaned. Everything works and is in good looking order. The only problem I have are the front speakers. There are aparently two speakers. I guess a 3 1/2 inch tweeter in the middle of the door and a 6" bass on the lower part of the door. When I listen to radio or the cd the bass is distorted and rattles. I am pretty sure the membrane is ripped since the 6x9's in the back sound just fine. I would like to ask you guys what exact sizes the speakers are and how I get the door panel off so I can change the speaker. I have a picture of me with the car and the actual door panel. I also made a video where you can hear it rattling. (Music is playing at low volume!) Oh and both front speakers are rattling.

Thats me and the caddy

This is the tweeter

Behind this cover is the speaker that is rattling

This is the rest of the cover

This is the video: youtube.com/watch?v=MtSuGXz8mnw

Best Regards,