: 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Door Speakers

CaddyTom
06-18-09, 03:55 PM
Hello,
My name is Thomas and I have bought a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham a few weeks ago. This is my first car and I want to take care of it so I will have a long time enjoying it. It has 150,625 miles on it. (241000kms) The owner was a 70 year old gentleman that has lost his wife. It is clean inside and out. It has the 5.7l Corvette engine in it. I like the torque that it builts up at low RPM's :) . He has put in $3000 worth of repairs/upgrades. New alternator, new water pump, new tires, new top, fully serviced and cleaned. Everything works and is in good looking order. The only problem I have are the front speakers. There are aparently two speakers. I guess a 3 1/2 inch tweeter in the middle of the door and a 6" bass on the lower part of the door. When I listen to radio or the cd the bass is distorted and rattles. I am pretty sure the membrane is ripped since the 6x9's in the back sound just fine. I would like to ask you guys what exact sizes the speakers are and how I get the door panel off so I can change the speaker. I have a picture of me with the car and the actual door panel. I also made a video where you can hear it rattling. (Music is playing at low volume!) Oh and both front speakers are rattling.

Thats me and the caddy
i41.tinypic.com/20av1gx.jpg

This is the tweeter
i44.tinypic.com/fn9tee.jpg

Behind this cover is the speaker that is rattling
i39.tinypic.com/30nascx.jpg

This is the rest of the cover
i43.tinypic.com/11gluz4.jpg

This is the video: youtube.com/watch?v=MtSuGXz8mnw

Best Regards,
CaddyTom