: LDW no longer works

vapnut
06-18-09, 03:47 PM
The Lane Departure Warning (LDW) is no longer working on my 2008 STS. I can see it initialize on the IP at startup, but it shuts off. The option to select it from the Config menu does not work, but it is there as is the ACC option. When I press on the LDW option, it does not accept and remains blacked out. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas why I cannot use this feature or how to troubleshoot the problem short of going to dealer for warranty? (I know most folks hate this feature, but since I have the option I would like for it to work properly. The car has less than 3K miles. Thanks for your help.

KARL DAHLEN
06-18-09, 05:59 PM
its under warranty. Go to the dealer. Make sure he gives you a cadillac loaner which you are entitled to. Mine tries to foist econoboxes off on me. Stand your ground!

Force-1
06-18-09, 07:08 PM
its under warranty. Go to the dealer. Make sure he gives you a cadillac loaner which you are entitled to. Mine tries to foist econoboxes off on me. Stand your ground!

Not exactly true. From the Cadillac website:

What about Courtesy Transportation?

Courtesy Transportation is also included for 5-years/100,000 miles on all 2009 passenger cars and light duty trucks. Whenever warranty repairs are required, several transportation options and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses are available for your convenience at participating dealers/retailers. 2

2 Courtesy Transportation is not part of or included in the coverage provided by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. General Motors and General Motors of Canada Limited reserve the right to make changes or discontinue the Courtesy Transportation program at any time without notification.

T.I.T.P.
06-18-09, 07:44 PM
Vapnut, the LDW stopped working on my 08 STS last week. I also don't get the option to turn it on when in the Config screen. I'm scheduled to bring it to the dealership on Monday, hopefully it will be a quick fix. As for troubleshooting, I popped off the camera, unplugged it, waited a minute, and re-installed it. It worked for about 20 mins, then got the service LDW warning again. I will update when I get further info.

KARL DAHLEN
06-18-09, 08:06 PM
RE: not quite true. His is a 2008 not a 2009. I have a CPO 2008 and it is part of my warranty. May just be my local dealer's policy, but I haven't really looked.

Force-1
06-19-09, 12:36 AM
Cadillac Certified Pre-owned Limited Warranty

Courtesy Transportation
If your vehicle requires warranty repairs during the 6 year/100,000 mile Certified Pre-Owned warranty coverage period, alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses may be available under the Courtesy Transportation Program. Several transportation options are available. Consult your dealer or refer to the owner manual for details. *Courtesy Transportation is not part of or included in the coverage provided by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty. General Motors reserves the right to make any changes or discontinue the Courtesy Transportation program at any time without notification.

BarryNS
06-20-09, 01:09 PM
Vapnut, the LDW stopped working on my 08 STS last week. I also don't get the option to turn it on when in the Config screen. I'm scheduled to bring it to the dealership on Monday, hopefully it will be a quick fix. As for troubleshooting, I popped off the camera, unplugged it, waited a minute, and re-installed it. It worked for about 20 mins, then got the service LDW warning again. I will update when I get further info.

My LDW also went out 5-6 months ago on a 2008 STS. Dealer replaced the module in about 10 minutes and it has worked properly ever since. Hopefully the replacement part is available.

vapnut
06-25-09, 05:27 PM
Update! Took the car to the dealer today for the first time. The first state inspection was due and there was a rattle comming from the rear compartment (trunk) area. They had to order the LDW camera and it will be in in about three days. They said they have had to replace several of these units so I hope by now they have the bugs worked out. They found a "loose" bolt holding down the rear speaker (stripped out) and they fixed that to eliminate the rattle. They completed the state inspection and all the repairs under their "Duke Discover the difference" card that was issued to the origional owner of the vehicle that they were kind enough to transfer to me. Curiously, they recommend changing the oil at 50% because they have seen a lot of sludging in the engines that ran up to the service limit. I don't think this applys to my caddy though because it is using the required synthetic oil.
Any thoughts on this?

T.I.T.P.
06-25-09, 11:47 PM
Well, the car ended up being in the shop for 3 days. They did replace the LDW and it's working perfectly. They also ended up replacing the entire navi unit due to freezing up issues with it. BTW: They offered me a Cadillac loaner vehicle at no charge, I was given a 09 SRX, all I can say is I really missed my STS.