: 2004 cadillac deville stock cd player broken?!

cadillac kid1
06-18-09, 09:58 AM
I have a 2004 cadillac deville, it has the stock radio and cd player. The radio works fine but the cd player does not, everytime I put a cd in it says cd initalizing and never plays the cd, it just spits the cd back out. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or know how to take the radio/cdplayer out the proper way. Thank You

Chris Luongo
06-18-09, 10:51 AM
I think I read on another post that the bezel around the CD player just pops off, but search on here to be sure.

As far as the broken CD player, there are shops that repair car radios, but they're not cheap and I've seen some of their repair work last forever, and some of it fail in short order.

But, the first thing I would say is to get the radio out, unplug it for a few minutes, and plug it back in..........there's a small chance the CD player will start working again. Costs nothing and definitely worth a try.

cadillac kid1
06-18-09, 11:59 AM
Thank You Chris, i'm going to try to get the radio out, and unplug the radio, and plug it back in. I may go to a few shops to get a price on fixing it but like you said it's exspensive, and it isnt worth fixing to me if its gonna cost an arm and a leg. I wonder if I can have someone take it out and put a new one in if that will fix the problem, but who knows if that will be that easy. Thanks again.