: Yet another new member

Jon2001sc2
06-16-09, 08:28 PM
where to start,...
my name is Jonathan and I found this site while researching the first generation CTS-V as a possible new vehicle.
Currently my day job varies between pilot and aircraft mechanic for a small investment group and as a fabricator, tech, development engineer and test driver for race teams.
Now a few years after graduation with steady work I'm looking at picking up a new(er) car to use as a fun street car along with serving duty autocrossing and at the occasional trackday. After looking around for a while the CTS-V makes the most sense as a comfortable 4 door with rwd and having a background with the motor and transmission from building 3rd & 4th gen f-bodies in college.

if you really want to know about my back ground feel free to keep reading, but I hate to bore people, so do so at your own risk.....
I love both flying and racing. Engineering and building performance and track cars is relaxation for me (guess I'm a bit sick and twisted that way). Fabricating is always a welcome distraction in problem solving. Additionally I enjoy paintball and have recently taken up a little bit of sailboat racing. My other big passion is cooking, its makes for a great relationship, I love food and it loves me....
I started racing and working on race cars 8 years ago with autocrossing before moving on to time trials and test days. After placing in class during the 05 One Lap of America with my dad I couldn't afford to both drive and finish school so I hung my helmet up and continued to pay the bills as a race tech. My previous race work has included winged dirt spring cars, a exhibition dragster powered by an afterburning turbojet, a Winston Cup car, quarter midgets, SCCA SSC and ITA cars, Grand-Am Rolex GT with Porsche and Mazda as well as Koni Challenge with more Porsche cars.

My current fleet of project cars consist of:
01 Saturn SC2 currently set as an SCCA STU car (think retired World Challenge TC cars), currently waiting to go out for a new cage hoop to be isntalled
95 Saturn wagon as a daily driver/parts hauler (with over a decade of racing Saturns we have the spares to drive it indefinitely)
94 IMSA GTO class Camaro (#48 built and run by Morgan Motorsports for the 94 season) This thing has been stalled since I picked it up as a frame a few years ago and hopefully will be gone soon for more shop space.

RightTurn
06-16-09, 09:40 PM
:welcome: Howdy.

Rotorocket
06-16-09, 10:39 PM
Hi. New member checking.

Soon to be a GM conquest x2.

iowasevillests
06-16-09, 10:40 PM
:welcome: to the group and a CTS-V is one of the cars on the top of my list for my next ride. Sounds like you've got a wide range of car related interests so you should fit in well around here!

Rolex
06-16-09, 11:27 PM
:welcome5: to the forums. Thanks for signing up.

CadillacGurl
06-17-09, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your research of the V! :wavehi:

Jon2001sc2
06-18-09, 12:23 PM
thanks for the warm welcomes, this place has already proven to be a great source for information. Now comes the hard part of waiting for a new contract to close so I am sure that there will be job security before taking on a payment.