: It was worth the wait

Oregon John
07-18-04, 12:29 AM
Just picked up my 2005 V (Black/Neutral/No roof) today. Absolutely worth the wait. What a car.

Was there with my son, and another V convert was picking his up at the same time. His son was with him as well. I think we can blame our sons and not say its a mid-life crisis! :2thumbs:

If anyone else in Oregon is looking at a V, visit Kuni in Beaverton. Great service and a no hassle MSRP price. (Sounds like they will also install the wheel hop kit for me) I could not find MSRP anywhere else in Oregon. Maybe when we build our NASCAR track up here we'll get more dealers tryng to push American muscle.

Kuni also comped both of us tickets to the ALMS race next weekend at PIR in the GM chalet, with pit passes so we can see the SCCA Speed GT VRs up close and personal. I promised to take my son, so the tix were well received.

Any advice on driver restraint options for the V? I'm thinking fast corners rather than straight line. Also, has anyone heard if the 05's have the oil temp problem fixed?

Thanks....

Cal
07-18-04, 12:39 AM
They do have it fixed.

If you got FG2 the corners are even more fun. If not you can pull well more than a G, but you may experience wheel hop when trying to go 3k+ rpm from a standing start.

Otherwise, enjoy the car. I am jealous of your combo antenna, I need to get one.

StealthV
07-18-04, 12:40 AM
:burn: :cheers:

Yes, the oil temp issue is fixed for '05.

Oregon John
07-18-04, 12:57 AM
Sorry to add to my own thread...

I didn't know the FG2's were available when I ordered the car. I want to order them but the dealer says that ordering through the parts dept will now cost me about $1500 instead of $1200. Does this sound right?

I saw Miscreant's post about Koni looking at providing an adjustable. Did anything ever come of that?

I learned to drive a FSR at the track doing about 1.5Gs, so I know I will want something to be able to push the car in the corners. I'm more driver than mechanic, so I appreciate the tech info here.

Thanks.....

BreakThrough
07-18-04, 01:54 AM
Hey John congratulations. Just took delivery of my 04 Platinum with roof today. I live in Oregon too, (Portland) and drove to Salem to purchase mine. They had two, and both were under MSRP, so I was very happy.

I traded my 03 CTS Diamond White with luxury package.

Wow what a car.

John. (yes, another John)

Cal
07-18-04, 05:35 PM
FG2 should cost THEM around $960 and if they mark it up at all it should be to the tune of $200. $1500 is a major rip-off even on the retail which was in the $1300 range. I got mine for $1160. There is someone on the board selling his in the original box for $8-900 I believe so do a search in threads for 'FG2' and he may still have them.

Install was $3-500 I forget how much at this point. Maybe $570 I'm thinking.

Oregon John
07-18-04, 06:56 PM
The $1500 for the FG2's included installation, I didn't communicate that too clearly. So it sounds like at that price they are in line.

John, I drove to Salem to see my first V almost 2 months ago. The dealer I went to wanted $3k over MSRP and let me walk, so I ordered the 05.

Glad to see you saved a few $$ on yours.

greer
07-20-04, 10:56 PM
Hey John congratulations. Just took delivery of my 04 Platinum with roof today. I live in Oregon too, (Portland) and drove to Salem to purchase mine. They had two, and both were under MSRP, so I was very happy.

I traded my 03 CTS Diamond White with luxury package.

Wow what a car.

John. (yes, another John)

Break,

How much did you lose in the trade in?