: Blew the head gaskets replacing the motor

chrs550312
06-14-09, 11:25 PM
i have a 1996 cadillac sls and the cooling system seems to be building pressure and falseboiling so my hg's blown, heard theres a 50/50 chance that a hg job will work. so i guess my best bet is replacing the motor and any advise would be very helpfull, like am i gonna have to swap any sensors, parts? or should i just try to fix the heads? also my brakes hit the floor now and seems like fp and rd side brakes are working, is it in the wheel hub or master cylinder?

creeker
06-14-09, 11:50 PM
i have a 1996 cadillac sls and the cooling system seems to be building pressure and falseboiling so my hg's blown, heard theres a 50/50 chance that a hg job will work. so i guess my best bet is replacing the motor and any advise would be very helpfull, like am i gonna have to swap any sensors, parts? or should i just try to fix the heads? also my brakes hit the floor now and seems like fp and rd side brakes are working, is it in the wheel hub or master cylinder?

If it's done correctly thers a 100% chance that it will be good for many years.

97EldoCoupe
06-15-09, 12:13 AM
Visit my website at www.northstarperformance.com - I have a 100% success rate on replacing HG's on Northstars, over 80 cars to date. 0 Failures.

If you do the job yourself or get a local shop to do it for you, have them install a set of studs - www.studkit.com - I manufacture, sell, and market these kits, and if you use them your HG job will last. There are GM dealerships/garages ordering these because their "GM approved" inserts are pulling out.

Just don't replace the engine with another one. You'll likely have double trouble.