: its official I'm going factory for sure OEM is the way to go Yayyyyy

ThumperPup
06-14-09, 01:54 AM
I officialy decided its going to be factory for sure
Sent Jason a paypal for my Wire Harness for the 2000 seville and hope that come midle of July i will have it in and most up pics and be one of the few amongs the group who has aded a factory navi going to be my first mod to this caddy but not that last :)

chazglenn3
06-16-09, 09:32 PM
Good choice! I have really enjoyed the addition of the factory DVD nav system to my 2000 STS.

ThumperPup
06-16-09, 09:53 PM
Good choice! I have really enjoyed the addition of the factory DVD nav system to my 2000 STS.

right now there are 4 unites on ebay 3 for 499.95 1 of wich has a scratch on the left uper corner of the screan wich the guy said he would sel lme for 400 but im not sure is it worth it for a scratch to save 100 does a scratch really afect the way the touch screan works
there is also another one that is 549.00 but not sure why i would go with that one when the same company has 2 others for 499.95

chazglenn3
06-17-09, 12:11 PM
The scratch is probably only really visible when the unit is off, but that's just a guess.

ThumperPup
06-17-09, 12:48 PM
im just worried that it might couse the touch screan not to work properly is that possible it doenst like deep just like a scratch i can find the link for th eebay and send it to you so you can see it but not sure if you can tell or anyting like that so that is what im worried about also
if the scratch does get anoying or say when i have more money and want to fix it is there a way to just replace the screan or do i have to buy a junked unit and use the screan from that

ThumperPup
06-17-09, 02:25 PM
also the nav disc do not come with the unit that im looking at and on ebay there are so many difrant versions does anyone know wich nav dvd i would want to get

ThumperPup
06-17-09, 05:21 PM
darn was just doing a search on carparts.com
and found one about 1100 miles away a unite off a 2003 deville he said the car had 54k on it
and the unite looks nice but no way to power it up to test it
and he said 300 plus 25 shiped
i really want to get that but am afread to take the chance if i get it and it doenst work when jason puts it in if it doenst work im not sure is it worth spending hte extra 200 on the one on ebay that is garanteed to work becosue it has been tested
what do you guys all think

chazglenn3
06-18-09, 02:58 PM
The junkyards usually have some sort of warranty...ask them. As for the nav disc, any disc that is listed as working for a Deville, Seville, or XLR will work, or a SRX disc up until 2005...the SRX changed type of nav unit in 2006. I just got a 2007 disc for my car, so I have a 2004 disc I can hook you up with if you want it. Let me know.

ThumperPup
06-18-09, 04:35 PM
The junkyards usually have some sort of warranty...ask them. As for the nav disc, any disc that is listed as working for a Deville, Seville, or XLR will work, or a SRX disc up until 2005...the SRX changed type of nav unit in 2006. I just got a 2007 disc for my car, so I have a 2004 disc I can hook you up with if you want it. Let me know.

see the one thing that worries me is i know junkyards have warnaty but i dont want to get it unless they can tell me for sure that it will power up i dont want ot get it and then find out after jason instals it that it doenst power up so i think ill go with th eones from ebay
one of the ones on ebay has a scratch on it and i can get it for like 350
but will the scratch efect the way the touch screan works

TANGLDWEB
06-19-09, 07:39 AM
At Least I can blame my spelling on my Wireless Keyboard!!! LOL The scratch Should not affect the operation of the unit since it is not sensing optically,.. but if the person selling the unit says it Works, ask Them, they should know. And if they Dont, then question why it's For Sale! Hope that Helps, tough buyin stuff sight unseen,.. especially online.

ThumperPup
06-19-09, 09:40 AM
At Least I can blame my spelling on my Wireless Keyboard!!! LOL The scratch Should not affect the operation of the unit since it is not sensing optically,.. but if the person selling the unit says it Works, ask Them, they should know. And if they Dont, then question why it's For Sale! Hope that Helps, tough buyin stuff sight unseen,.. especially online.

its not the personal owner that is selling the unit it is being sold from a seller that sells mostly keys and key fobs for these vehicles but he also has some other higher end items for cars and has this item

carguyshu
06-23-09, 04:08 PM
I have an extra Nav unit that is in MINT condition that I will sell u for $400. I can plug it into my cadillac and show you a picture of it powered up if you wish even. I will even include a copy of the nav disc that I have, although it is a fairly old one. The only thing you would need at that point is the GPS ant. I did the conversion on my caddy (2000 STS) with the harness and it is awesome. I bought an extra one and was going to do it to my other caddilac, but sold it.

Let me know if you are interested. I was going to put it on ebay soon anyways.

ThumperPup
06-23-09, 06:01 PM
I have an extra Nav unit that is in MINT condition that I will sell u for $400. I can plug it into my cadillac and show you a picture of it powered up if you wish even. I will even include a copy of the nav disc that I have, although it is a fairly old one. The only thing you would need at that point is the GPS ant. I did the conversion on my caddy (2000 STS) with the harness and it is awesome. I bought an extra one and was going to do it to my other caddilac, but sold it.

Let me know if you are interested. I was going to put it on ebay soon anyways.

can you PM me with some pics of it powered up
where are you located

ThumperPup
06-25-09, 10:09 AM
Do i have to run the wire to the speed sensor for the navi to work ?
i did not know i had to do this untill yesterday when it was mentioned to me
will it work without running thsi wire
i dont feel comfterible taking the dash aprt to run this wire was going to try and do the instal on my own but if i do i wont be able to
thank you

chazglenn3
06-25-09, 10:48 AM
I thought Jason was installing the navi for you? If so, he will have it done in no time. Otherwise, it isn't a big deal to remove the dash pad...pop out the vents and remove one screw in each vent hole, and it's off. Then just unplug the connector on the left side of the instrument cluster and splice the VSS wire...done.

ThumperPup
06-25-09, 11:23 AM
I thought Jason was installing the navi for you? If so, he will have it done in no time. Otherwise, it isn't a big deal to remove the dash pad...pop out the vents and remove one screw in each vent hole, and it's off. Then just unplug the connector on the left side of the instrument cluster and splice the VSS wire...done.

i was just tryign to figure out a way to do it myself it is good to learn to do things on my own at times but if i have ot take the dash pad off and other stuff would for sure rather watch someone as they do it so i can do it properly if ever asked or needed to again
but was thinking maybe i wouldnt have to and could have doen it myself but
going to take it to him to do it

i was just curiosue to see if that step could be skiped but guess it cant

chazglenn3
06-25-09, 12:08 PM
You could tap into the VSS wire from under the dash. There is one at the harness down there for the cruise control. I think it was easier and less wire to run to go in from the top, though. You will have to have a VSS signal for the unit to work, however. Plus, you need to remove the dash pad to put the GPS antenna there.

ThumperPup
06-25-09, 12:17 PM
You could tap into the VSS wire from under the dash. There is one at the harness down there for the cruise control. I think it was easier and less wire to run to go in from the top, though. You will have to have a VSS signal for the unit to work, however. Plus, you need to remove the dash pad to put the GPS antenna there.

ah kk thanks i think im just going to not try and do it myself and am going ot have jason do it beocus ei dont want to mess anyting up

ThumperPup
06-29-09, 02:02 PM
yayyyy just got the antena in the mail saturday whyll i was goen in KY it came yayyyyyyyyyy

just picked up a cd changer from a 2003 seville on ebay with the cartridge for 56 dollars

getting the navi unit this saturday from Ryan

for 410

jason building the harness plug and play for me and doing the install next month

wow im going to have this sooner than i thout i would for sure

on another note i was wondeirng
when i was geting back in the car to drive home from KY yesterday all of a sudden after i opend the hood and put a qt a oil in the engine filled up the washer fluid tops of the other fluids to where they should be

then in the car started it up and the radio said theftlock on not the navi unit i dont have that yet but my old unit
and then i turned the car off after a few minutes of panicing thinking ok i havae no radi and a 7 hour drive home
but turned the car off and then back on and the msg on the display was goen
anyone have any ideas WTF could have hapend there

carguyshu
06-29-09, 03:18 PM
wow. I wish I could've gotten a new changer for $56.

ThumperPup
06-29-09, 04:32 PM
wow. I wish I could've gotten a new changer for $56.

i was really supsried it was that cheap i missed bidding on it when it was orginaly posted i was going to buy it last week and i missed it by 2 minutes LOL
and they just posted it again the other day for 20 dollars less then it was orginaly posted for and i was like wow not new but used but it is froma 2003 so it will work the navi unit that you have for me that is out of a 2005 i hope i think it should atleast

ThumperPup
06-29-09, 06:16 PM
if i want to hook up a back up camera is there a specific type of camera i would want to get
and anyone have any good places to get one from

ThumperPup
07-06-09, 05:49 PM
Just when 200 miles ot pick up a navi unit form a 2003 seville
got it for 500 they where asking 750
its looks mint not one srach ot ding on it at all
so wish me luck

i was wondering if the 10th digit is suposed ot be the year
how come this has 4 for the 10th digite but
when i ran the vin it came up 2003
is that normal ?

THank