: vacuum line -map sensor

99blackknight
06-12-09, 02:46 PM
on the 84 de ville where does the map sensor plug into after it comes out of the dash we are trying to redo this nice car but all the vacuum lines are either gone or toasted the car will start but if you put the pedal all the way down it will bog down i have done the TBI kit,injectors.O2 sensor, cap&rotor, plugs and wires going to change fuel filter today

carnut
06-12-09, 05:30 PM
The hard plastic MAP hose is secured to the rear crossbrace to the passenger fender, then runs to the back of the throttle body and attaches with a short piece of vacuum hose. Make sure that port at the throttle body has a strong vacuum signal. Can get plugged up with carbon.

99blackknight
06-12-09, 09:15 PM
i found that port on the back of the throttle body but when i plug the hose in there the car wants to die does that mean the map sensor is bad i will try to change it tomorrow

carnut
06-12-09, 09:37 PM
We dont have enough info to reccomend replacement. Are you saying this car runs better with that port unplugged and leaking vacuum? and when you correct the leak, it stalls? You need to purchase the factory service manual for this car. Pretty simple diagnostics are given, but only in this book, not Haynes nor Chiltons.

99blackknight
06-12-09, 09:45 PM
so should i go to the dealer and order one for this car. "original manual" or ebay also when i press the pedal all the way down it bogs down like it loses power but at least now i got it to stay idling after i changed the fuel filter i will put fresh gas in it tomorrow too