: Chrysler/Fiat commercial on Conan- funny.

The Tony Show
06-12-09, 02:34 PM
Not a huge fan of Conan O'Brien, but I did find this amusing.

http://www.thetonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/new-chrysler-commercial-061009/1123521/

billc83
06-12-09, 07:22 PM
Sadly, better than some of Chrysler's current commercials...

Gristle Boy
06-12-09, 07:35 PM
Soon the streets will be littered with even more hideous econo-appliances.:helpless:

Sandy
06-12-09, 09:38 PM
I really wish that these comics would lay off laughs at the expense of Ameerican Corporations, especially GM, Ford & Chrysler. Are there NO jokes putting down any foreign brands??

Jesda
06-12-09, 09:46 PM
Chrysler sucks. Useless bunch of incompetent morons. First they sell themselves to ze Germans, then they fart out abortions like the Sebring, Compass, and Caliber. Mopar is dead to me.

Destroyer
06-12-09, 11:59 PM
I really wish that these comics would lay off laughs at the expense of Ameerican Corporations, especially GM, Ford & Chrysler. Are there NO jokes putting down any foreign brands??Remember when the foreign cars were the butt of all jokes? If you were a youth in the 80's driving a Toyota or Honda you were pretty much a loser. That has changed.

Destroyer
06-13-09, 12:02 AM
Chrysler sucks. Useless bunch of incompetent morons. First they sell themselves to ze Germans, then they fart out abortions like the Sebring, Compass, and Caliber. Mopar is dead to me.I feel that under Mercedes ownership they were better than they had ever been. The SRT cars are all pretty sweet as are the trucks. I agree that the Sebring, Compass and Caliber are crap but so is a Cobalt, Malibu, Aztec, Grand Am, etc.........................

Jesda
06-13-09, 02:49 AM
I feel that under Mercedes ownership they were better than they had ever been. The SRT cars are all pretty sweet as are the trucks. I agree that the Sebring, Compass and Caliber are crap but so is a Cobalt, Malibu, Aztec, Grand Am, etc.........................

Malibu is a darn good car. Cobalt achieves 37mpg and the SS is phenomenal, if homely. Aztec... what a mess.

The LX platform was already in development and nearing completion before Daimler arrived in 1998. All they did was insert their transmissions and computer systems. They get very little credit for that car.

Pacifica was a flop.

Crossfire was a flop.

The Jeep-branded abortions and the current Sebring were all under the supervision of the Germans. Chrysler was starved for development funds while MB faltered, using Chrysler's profits to save their asses before kicking Chrysler to the curb. The Sebring is very strong evidence of this.

The Dodge trucks are pretty nice, but folks are buying fewer of them and switching to GM and Ford.

Chrysler is dead and had it coming for a long time.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-13-09, 10:28 AM
And it's not like Chrysler is the first once-prominent automaker to die a sad death. There was also AMC, who ironically, was purchased BY CHRYSLER in 1987. Some others that come to mind are: Cord, Duesenberg, Hudson, Nash, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Packard, Pontiac, Rambler and Studebaker.

The companies just got stagnant, fell out of touch with the market, and died. That's what happens when you don't have good leadership.