: On-Ramp Music

kckranz
06-12-09, 01:26 PM
During my commute to the salt mine a few days ago I hit the highway on-ramp just when "Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins (from Top Gun) came on the radio. I thought it was pretty cool so I pushed the gas pedal through the firewall and enjoyed a nice early morning WOT. What is your ideal on-ramp tune?

PS - To the guy behind me in the convertible - sorry about the carbon deposit cloud! It might be time to clay bar.

AMGoff
06-12-09, 03:05 PM
You know, aside from always being one of my favs to blast down the highway to... I finally realized that this pretty much explains just how GM got into it's current mess... It had nothing to do with management - it's the line workers' fault.

Johnny Cash - "One Piece at a Time"

Uhh... Yeah Red Rider, this is the cottonmouth in the psycho-billy Cadillac come on... Uhh... This is the cottonmouth and negatory on the cost of this mo-chine there Red Rider, you might say I just went up to the factory there and picked it up - it's cheaper that way...

Classic... There'll never be another one like him.

-zb7-IpNzII
5sIm_kFOXCE

Submariner409
06-12-09, 03:16 PM
"Sirius - Eye In The Sky" - Alan Parsons Project.

Opening theme from the original "Star Wars".

Playdrv4me
06-12-09, 05:18 PM
You know, aside from always being one of my favs to blast down the highway to... I finally realized that this pretty much explains just how GM got into it's current mess... It had nothing to do with management - it's the line workers' fault.

Johnny Cash - "One Piece at a Time"

Classic... There'll never be another one like him.

-zb7-IpNzII
5sIm_kFOXCE

I JUST sent that song to Jesda the other day. It is quite hilarious.

Playdrv4me
06-12-09, 05:22 PM
"Sirius - Eye In The Sky" - Alan Parsons Project.

Eye in the Sky and the eerie "Time" are probably my two favorite APP songs. Even though "Time" probably isn't the best suited to the on-ramp.

MauiV
06-12-09, 05:41 PM
Always good for a down shift and stomp............

Do you feel that??????

AAA whahahaha

GzdeH6MaNVI

ETC4ME
06-12-09, 05:46 PM
Sammy Hagars "I cant Drive 55" then when up to speed I like some NIN!

gary88
06-12-09, 09:00 PM
I like to just mute the radio and listen to the sweet song of exhaust.

thebigjimsho
06-12-09, 10:51 PM
It was 2:30AM on an early Sunday and had a 3 lane highway wide open and empty right in front of me when this came on...

YouTube - The Crystal Method - Busy Child

I think I traveled about 8 miles in 4 minutes with a peak of 163...

Rodya234
06-12-09, 10:53 PM
Rammstein-Adios.

YouTube - Rammstein Adios

cuz that's what I'm sayin to the bastard behind me. :lildevil:

AMGoff
06-12-09, 11:22 PM
I JUST sent that song to Jesda the other day. It is quite hilarious.

Had you only recently come across that song? It's been a staple on my cassettes/cds for years...

Playdrv4me
06-13-09, 12:47 AM
Had you only recently come across that song? It's been a staple on my cassettes/cds for years...

I've had several Cash favorites for many years including Hung my Head, Folsom Prison Blues and others, and I have a Cash anthology in my MP3 collection but I've never actually sat down and listened to all the songs intently. I set my entire collection to play randomly and they come on every so often. One day I heard that and I just about fell out of my chair, it's been a favorite ever since.

I also like Cisco Clifton's Fillin' Station.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-13-09, 02:18 AM
"Flight Of The Valkyries" by Wagner. It's so fitting! :lol:

Aron9000
06-13-09, 03:01 AM
Cowboys from Hell, you time your right foot to where the bass drops about 30 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-p8kvoyP4Y&feature=fvw

On-ramps were a lot more fun in my old Z28, thing was so freaking loud and it would usually break the tires loose at 30mph.

thebigjimsho
06-13-09, 01:07 PM
I also like Cisco Clifton's Fillin' Station.
I like Cisco's Thong Song...

or was that Sisqo???

C0RSA1R
06-13-09, 04:20 PM
For the onramp, I fast forward the song "Takin' A Ride (Heavy Metal)" by Don Felder to the 9-second mark (the first bit is just a guitar build-up).

For cruising, any hard rock or nu-metal will do just fine. For the initial start-up in the driveway, and the inevitable initial burn-out down the street, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. As soon as the initial riffs give way to the drums, the pedal hits the floor.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-14-09, 11:31 AM
Cowboys from Hell, you time your right foot to where the bass drops about 30 seconds in.

Thank you SO MUCH for mentioning that song. I went and downloaded Cowboys From Hell and Cemetary Gates yesterday and was mega impressed with both of them. :)

Another great on ramp song is "No More Tears" By Ozzy Osbourne. The guitar solo about four and a half minutes through is insane.

Aron9000
06-14-09, 04:23 PM
^ Just download the whole Cowboys from Hell album

MauiV
06-14-09, 08:11 PM
I like the Pantera Greatest Hits myself. You can never go wrong with Walk. I also LOVE the 101 Proof Live album.

Phil Anselmo used to have a kick ass haunted house in New Orleans. I ran into the band at a dive bar in the Dallas Metroplex called Tijuana and they were with Sebastian Bach, everyone was really cool.

tman2093
06-15-09, 11:25 AM
Why has nobody mentioned Led Zepplin's Rock N Roll? Sure its played out, but it rocks.....

I do like Money for Nothing on my stereo as well.