: XM Radio vouchers

ericpd
06-12-09, 09:24 AM
Anybody used their 1 year XM vouchers GM was giving out back in Feb and Mar? I thought it was a voucher to extend the trail period that came with the car. Now I'm understanding that in order to redeem, you have to purchase a year,... basically contracting for a two year period but only paying for one. Still a good deal, but I'd rather just use the voucher for one year without going in my pocket. Some say doesn't require a purchase.

RWFJR
06-12-09, 09:48 AM
Wish I had a voucher. Bought mine in April. I would consider paying for 1 year and getting one for free. However, with a 40 gig HD, don't need XM that much anyway...

Krug Ford
06-12-09, 12:14 PM
I have not seen the program and XM does not know anything about it..

What is the promotion code or package number

dkozloski
06-12-09, 02:44 PM
More Cheap Charley Cadillac owners. Things must be getting tough in the welfare ranks.

Rolex
06-12-09, 06:42 PM
After having my service cancelled early when I pre-paid for a year subscription, XM's customer service told me they had NO RECORD of me ever owning a radio or signing up for service. I swore then that I'd never buy another XM subscription.

All that took place in January of this year. Last week I got a bill in the mail from XM stating I owe them $20 because the credit card they had on file (the same one they had "no record of") was expired when they tried to bill it. When I called their CS I was told they never cancalled my XM subscription and my service was un-interrupted. According to their records I have an XM radio in my house (which I've never had, EVER).

So I told the guy to bugger off and I wouldn't pay them another dime ever. They can try to bill that expired card for my non-existant service until the damn cows come home. I still predict XM will be bankrupt within the year. Any company with that poor of record keeping will not last long. I wouldn't even accept free service from XM. :thehand:

Eric Kahn
06-12-09, 06:52 PM
XM was bought by Sirius radio, the same morons that paid $500 million to howard stearsn enough said

Jesda
06-12-09, 08:45 PM
XM can burn in hell. Service gone to crap. Customer service gone to crap. I was a loyal customer for six years. Now I have a useless pile of radios and accessories.

Rolex
06-13-09, 11:48 AM
XM can burn in hell. Service gone to crap. Customer service gone to crap. I was a loyal customer for six years. Now I have a useless pile of radios and accessories.

QFT

I feel the exact same way. With proper management, non-outsourced customer service, and ZERO advertisements (which is what XM was intended to be) it could be viable. It started as a great concept but IMO too a bad detour after a couple of years. The company is circling the drain in this economy. Just a matter of time before everyone owns a useless XM radio.

eta: I have one of their first home radios still NIB. I think I'll keep it for 30 years or so and sell it as a collectors item one day.

dkozloski
06-13-09, 02:37 PM
QFT

I feel the exact same way. With proper management, non-outsourced customer service, and ZERO advertisements (which is what XM was intended to be) it could be viable. It started as a great concept but IMO too a bad detour after a couple of years. The company is circling the drain in this economy. Just a matter of time before everyone owns a useless XM radio.

eta: I have one of their first home radios still NIB. I think I'll keep it for 30 years or so and sell it as a collectors item one day.
It'll be about as valuable as my AM stereo tuner.

Jesda
06-13-09, 03:09 PM

I have that one too! A Sony, right?

I almost bought an HD radio tuner for the car. It sounds amazing, FAR superior to XM with beautiful imaging and stereo separation. It even works under bridges and behind trees. When the HD signal fades it seamlessly switches back to analog (assuming you're on HD1 which matches the analog signal).

Lately, I've been using IHeartRadio on my Blackberry.