: Salvage 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

AndyK PA
06-11-09, 01:13 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum (found on google) and posting for a little advice. A 1996 Fleetwood Brougham that was in my family since new (owned by my grandfather until he passed away in 2000, then kept in the family ever since) has been hit while parked in Philadelphia and damaged, but not totaled. The car was hit in the rear and pushed forward into another parked vehicle.

The insurance adjuster said he nearly totaled it, but since he didn't, I am left with the responsibility of figuring out what to do with the vehicle. The adjuster suggested that I salvage the vehicle, which he said would get me a few hundred $$.

I do not want to repair it, but I also do not want to simply scrap it. I know that this was the last year for this model and that it is somewhat rare. Prior to the accident, the vehicle was in great condition with less than 70K miles.

My inclination is to sell it to an someone who can use the vehicle, for parts or other. Any suggestions? Ebay?

I've attached some pictures of the car. I have not tried to start it yet, but will once I can jack it up and get the exhaust out from under it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.


08-15-09, 10:49 PM
Are you still looking to part out pieces of the car?

I need a front left inner fender extension piece.



08-16-09, 12:04 AM
And the guy who hit it...he just got away? That must had felt horrible, seeing your car in that condition; the next day. :(

08-16-09, 01:23 AM
How much $$$ did the insurance give you to get it fixed? Also, is the trunk lid boogered up?? I say fix it if the frame is true and all the doors open and close like they should. I'd start looking in junkyards for all the parts you'll need.

It looks bad, but this is a pretty dang easy fix for a competent body shop. If the frame is tweaked and the doors don't open and shut right, screw it.

08-16-09, 01:43 AM
You won't make anything from eBay, selling it in that condition. I would just throw money at the scars, until the car looked sellable (getting junkyard parts and cheap bodywork). Get it to look alright and sell it as a "minor" accident victim, and you will probably get a few grand for it. But if you get enough money to completely repair the damage, I would do that; It's free money to make your car newer the day it was titled to you.