: Equalizer Settings Keep Resetting

jamesbalzer
06-11-09, 08:29 AM
Sometimes when I change from FM to XM or back, or even from station to station within the FM radio all of my EQ settings reset to the center position. Dealer says this is normal but I can't believe that's right. I have a 2005 STS4 V8 1SG with Nav and the Bose System.....input?

Dadollac1
06-11-09, 08:37 AM
I have an 05 STS4 v8 1SG also and that never happened to me but if it did i would simply change it back to the setting that i want ( and read the manual to correct the problem).:hmm::bonkers:

next2pool
06-11-09, 11:08 AM
That's definitely not normal--is that happening during a normal driving cycle or after you change stations after a shut down?

WillySTS
06-11-09, 12:19 PM
You set them as desired on each station don't forget SET the station(press station button and hold until it beeps) after you set the EQ.

jamesbalzer
06-11-09, 08:59 PM
OK I will try setting some stations into the memory. I generally only listen to one station so it doesn't get changed. In response to next2pool it happens both during driving and after shutdown. I will see if setting the station presets fixes. In response to Dadollac1, seriously? You took the time to hit "reply" to type that??? Should be "Childollac"

Dadollac1
06-11-09, 11:44 PM
:histeric:IF YOU DON'T WANT RESPONSES DON'T POST.:histeric: Should be Jamescrybabybalzer

jamesbalzer
06-12-09, 12:35 AM
Legitimate responses like every one received and submitted prior to yours would be great.

Dadollac1
06-12-09, 02:13 PM
ok sorry( i'm just being humerous)

EChas3
06-12-09, 10:16 PM
It's non-intuitive but I'm conviced that before letting the other driver use the car you really should save the driver settings again to be sure all setting changes are stored properly.

jamesbalzer
06-12-09, 11:32 PM
Dadollac- I misinterpreted your humor as arrogance and apologize for my apparently unnecessary response. I

EChas3
06-13-09, 02:33 PM
Dadollac- I misinterpreted your humor as arrogance and apologize for my apparently unnecessary response. I

It sure is easy to forget how much non-verbal communication is lost on the 'net, be it e-mail, etc.