: I need new doors!!! 82 Fleetwood coupe

Dcarlson
06-11-09, 12:54 AM
So, you guessed it, doors are rotten. I'm in the process of beginning to do body work. And, here in Saskatchewan, 2 door coupes are hard to come by without any rust. I was wondering if any of you guys know where i can get some doors? Any help would be appreciated.

carnut
06-11-09, 04:38 PM
Try www.hemmingsmotornews.com

melan
06-12-09, 12:35 AM
There's a guy advertising a pair of rust-free doors on Vancouver craigslist.

Dcarlson
06-12-09, 12:51 AM
Can you show me the link?

melan
06-13-09, 12:50 AM
I tried to post the link, but there's some sort of site rule that you can't post links until you've posted an unspecified number of times. Sooooooooo, go to Vancouver craigslist, click auto parts, search for Cadillac doors.

Dcarlson
06-13-09, 02:15 AM
Oh, Niftey. Found and contacted the guy. Appearently they've been in a garage for 10 + years, dont have a spec of rust. Now the interesting bit.
Trying to find a way to get those giant things to prairie land.... Any one? haha.

jayoldschool
06-13-09, 01:00 PM
Tell the guy to strap them to a pallet, and ship them truck freight to a local business that you can pick up at. It will be dirt cheap, and they won't get damaged.

Dcarlson
07-13-09, 10:38 PM
Ok, so the guy in vancouver was impossible to deal with. So i said forget that. Incidently i was running around scrap yarding today and came across an 1980 2 door coupe with solid doors. Before i go ahead and buy these things i want to make for certain these are the same doors. These are the same correct?

Angry Matt
07-14-09, 11:03 PM
You'll just have to switch the trim, rockers and door panels. Other than that they should be the same. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say a freight company wouldn't damage them. I used to load for a local outfit and we were damn good at breaking stuff.

Dcarlson
07-14-09, 11:56 PM
I've found coupe doors locally. But as you may know coupe deville doors don't have the mounting points for the fleetwood coupes. My doors are all rotted out. How could i get the mounting points for the clips on the coupe doors?