: just a moment to talk about my feelings

itschrome
06-10-09, 01:33 PM
well its been a crazy past two month. my old reliable 91 corolla put me in a bad spot once it wa sno longer so reliable(RIP baby you did you job long enough) and i was stuck driving the misses zx2. :( such a pain to driver, and i do mean that literally as well as figuratively. the ride was rough, the cabin was cramped and most of all you have to gun it just to keep with traffic. not to mention its just a plain bad car. well luckily the auto gods had to foresight and of course mercy to have the misses slam that car into a parked car (she was just fine). boy that left me blue. totally with out a ride and not a whole lot saved up. i searched high and low for a car to meet my budget and my comfort demands. well after weeks of junk and generally crappy cars i found my new love. its been just a mere week since i drove my SLS off the lot and i am head over heels!! she's old a 96 with some miles, but you would never know it. she's got a few issues i wont lie, a bump on the hood, minor mechanical to deal with. but all in all more than i could have ever asked for. she runs smooth and straight, slides through traffic with out any effort. and when i need it on the high way, she's just waiting for me to tap that gas a little. well thats all i really had to say, i love my car...

http://g.imagehost.org/0347/1996CadiSeville3.jpg

CadillacGurl
06-10-09, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! :wavehi: Nice seville and story too!

Jesda
06-10-09, 06:13 PM
Watch out for Northstar. Enjoy the ride

billc83
06-10-09, 07:47 PM
Greetings and salutations.

+1 for watching out for those Northstar head gaskets. The car looks really nice!

iowasevillests
06-10-09, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you're loving the car! As bill said watch out for the dreaded HG problem, change(not flush) the coolant regularly and enjoy the car!

Destroyer
06-10-09, 11:44 PM
i searched high and low for a car to meet my budget and my comfort demands. well after weeks of junk and generally crappy cars i found my new love. its been just a mere week since i drove my SLS off the lot
I'm not gonna touch this.:D:lildevil:

jey
06-12-09, 12:52 PM
Congrats on the purchase. It is the truth that a used Cadillac has the best value around as far as used cars go these days. The Fleetwood was so much better than anything else around when I got it - the body was clean, interior wasn't junked, wasn't missing any parts, ran well, and just needed some regular maintenance. Everything else was just unacceptable - there are a lot of beat up Buicks and Chevys out there, and most Japanese cars had a million miles on them.

itschrome
06-15-09, 02:19 PM
Congrats on the purchase. It is the truth that a used Cadillac has the best value around as far as used cars go these days. The Fleetwood was so much better than anything else around when I got it - the body was clean, interior wasn't junked, wasn't missing any parts, ran well, and just needed some regular maintenance. Everything else was just unacceptable - there are a lot of beat up Buicks and Chevys out there, and most Japanese cars had a million miles on them.

yeah tell me about it. i only had about 3500 to spend and everything was either a really really high mileage rice burner or a Chevy/Buick/Pontiac that was just total junk, not to mention the slew of rusted out, banged up and generally bad in every way Chrysler product. its weird that a 96 cady with 146k was my best choice. i do regret it in some way (ie gas mileage mostly) but i am over happy. now my brain starts twitching with the "oh man i should totally.... to the caddy. which i wish i had the money for but i dont right now. i am saving up for to bring the car down to shop and have a mechanic fine tooth it and get her up to total mechanical glory. then little by little i want to get the rest of the up to par too. i need a new hood, the one i got has a small but annoying ding where a truck must have backed into it with a hitch and the head lamp assembly needs replace ment in the same spot. then some small stuff on the inside.