: STS No Self Cancelling Turn Signals???

b00001
06-09-09, 06:48 PM
My '08 vette has this and my '09 chevrolet silverado.

'08 STS I drove today did not have this. I dont think I could go back to having to hold that stalk manually again. HA!

EChas3
06-09-09, 07:39 PM
Huh? Do you mean after a lane change? If you push it too far and have a senior moment, it will let you know.

R1chard
06-09-09, 07:41 PM

'08 STS I drove today did not have this. I dont think I could go back to having to hold that stalk manually again. HA!

What are you talking about, pressing the turn stalk making the turn and having the turn signal automatically cancel itself? :hide:

b00001
06-09-09, 07:50 PM
All you do is lightly "flick" the stalk to initiate a signal change and the blinker automatically blinks 3 times then goes off. You dont have to HOLD the stalk to make the blinker blink. One little flick and you get 3 blinks. Most new cars I have been testing has this. Both my other vehicles have this. I dont think I could go back.

EChas3
06-09-09, 09:07 PM
Hmm, never noticed.

mbnv992
06-09-09, 09:18 PM
My mothers 2002 S500 has this feature. GREAT little feature, I find myself using it all the time :)

b00001
06-09-09, 09:31 PM
Like I said, the vettes have it, Pontiac has it, my chevy truck has it. I get in other cars without it and find myself cursing because I have to hold down the stalk to signal. HA!!!!! I can't believe the Cadillacs do not have this.

Superjim
06-09-09, 11:24 PM
Like I said, the vettes have it, Pontiac has it, my chevy truck has it. I get in other cars without it and find myself cursing because I have to hold down the stalk to signal. HA!!!!! I can't believe the Cadillacs do not have this.

Mine does.

stevenriz
06-10-09, 01:44 PM
was gonna sat that Jim, the DTS has it.

amgqmp1
06-10-09, 07:20 PM
My previous car had that feature (first car I've ever owned that I'm aware did have it). I thought I'd miss it and I don't.
I do understand how it would be awkward if most of the vehicles I drove had it, and one did not.

jamesbalzer
06-10-09, 10:42 PM
So we have decided that the STS does not have this, right? I am sure I looked like an idiot today driving down the road testing this.......mine does not do it.

ahuyghe
06-11-09, 10:31 AM
All you do is lightly "flick" the stalk to initiate a signal change and the blinker automatically blinks 3 times then goes off. You dont have to HOLD the stalk to make the blinker blink. One little flick and you get 3 blinks. Most new cars I have been testing has this. Both my other vehicles have this. I dont think I could go back.

I tried this on the way to work today and mine does not do this. It will only signal as long as i hold the stick without locking it into position. If i flick it, i only get a breif flash.
I don't think this is an option is it?

Al

next2pool
06-11-09, 11:04 AM
These kind of things are always a problem for automakers who have various models coming out on a staggered life cycle. The newer less expensive models sometimes have more advanced features than the up-level ones. There just aren't enough resources to continually upgrade every feature until a major or at least a facelift.

Force-1
06-11-09, 07:27 PM
I tried this on the way to work today and mine does not do this. It will only signal as long as i hold the stick without locking it into position. If i flick it, i only get a breif flash.
I don't think this is an option is it?

Al

No--the person you quoted was saying this feature is in his other vehicles, and not the STS.

My '08 Corvette has this feature too, and I really like it. Wish my STS did.

hazcaddy
06-11-09, 07:46 PM
My wife's SLK350 has the "one flick = 3 flashes" but I've never experienced it on any other car other than a Mercedes. My problem is that after driving her car for a while, I give the STS stalk a quick flick expecting the same and all I get is what I paid for: one flash.

So I have to put the turn signal stalk all the way down (oh the work, the sweat, the agony!) for it to click until I turn the wheel the opposite direction... Isn't that the way God designed the indicator stalk system to work when she did?

bigdog9586
06-12-09, 08:44 PM
My cheap HHR has a lot more common sense features than the wifes 50+K STS has. Acouple examples, when I turn off car at store, wife gets out and radio and all retained power goes out, HHR doesn't as long as drivers door remains closed. Power roof opens all the way on first button push. Don't need to push second time. Rear door windows go all the way down, radio controls on Steering can go up and down my favorite stations not just one way. And the list goes on.
===============

KARL DAHLEN
06-12-09, 09:29 PM
So buy yourself an HHR! My bad

EChas3
06-12-09, 09:41 PM
Almost all models have some claim to fame. It's no accident.

inurok
07-23-09, 07:04 AM

Yep my 2003 745 has this feature as well as the 2009 CTS loaner I had. I miss it with my STS

ewill3rd
07-23-09, 08:20 AM
GM adds this feature when they make changes to the carline.
I think the '09 STS got this, but I can't be 100% sure as I haven't checked one.
My '76 Buick didn't have it either but I loved that car.

Maybe someone should start a class action lawsuit to have this critical feature retrofitted to older cars? :lol:

K STS
07-23-09, 09:25 AM
hi, im very happy with the car but i will not be purchasing because when i lightly flick the turn signal stalk, it does not flash 3 times. i have to MANUALLY hold the stick for a second or two. unacceptable. im getting an hhr.

BaTu
07-23-09, 10:10 AM
hi, im very happy with the car but i will not be purchasing because when i lightly flick the turn signal stalk, it does not flash 3 times. i have to MANUALLY hold the stick for a second or two. unacceptable. im getting an hhr.

Dude, really,,,, why does everything from you have to be so snotty????

Lighten-up, it's not so serious just enjoy life and relax a bit! :D

K STS
07-23-09, 11:27 AM
You wanna talk about lighten up? Read this thread. Theres people here complaining about how their STS doesnt have an HHR turn signal feature.

BaTu
07-23-09, 11:44 AM
OK, seems silly to me too,,,, BUT I don't feel driven to comment on everything I don't agree with...... ;) (especially in a Nasty way!)

Relax, let others have their positions. It's OK, it's a Big world filled with people who're different than you. Accept it now, you'll be happier for it :D

inurok
07-23-09, 01:10 PM
GM adds this feature when they make changes to the carline.
I think the '09 STS got this, but I can't be 100% sure as I haven't checked one.
:lol:
Not on the O9 STS-V I test drove

EChas3
07-23-09, 03:44 PM
Ba-Tu meet K, K meet Ba-Tu.

May I suggest some adult beverages?

Lord Cadillac
07-23-09, 04:02 PM
The 2008 STS doesn't have this feature and Cadillac wonders why it can't sell cars.. Unbelievable.. They're not the only ones, however. The 2010 Lexus RX350 doesn't have this feature either. Yes, it's the ENTRY-LEVEL - but all Lexus vehicles should have it.. Silly...

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

ewill3rd
07-23-09, 05:24 PM
I'm thinking recall maybe.
:histeric:

Lord Cadillac
07-23-09, 07:16 PM
I'm thinking recall maybe.
:histeric:
That's kinda hilarious. :p

dkozloski
07-23-09, 09:58 PM
Forget the goddam turn signals and use hand signals like when I was a kid.

MacMuse
07-23-09, 10:39 PM
Thankfully, I still have enough strength left in my pinky to hold the turn signal while I let the car drift to whatever lane it feels like entering.

tlac
07-24-09, 12:57 AM
Not to be snotty... but really, if you don't have what it takes to turn a blinker on and off when your changing lanes, get a chauffeur! Sorry, but I had to say it, some people are so dang spoiled.

K STS
07-24-09, 07:24 AM
I tend to agree with the two posts above me.

=)

Onalaska
07-24-09, 07:52 AM
Hey, at least someone is trying to use their turn signals. I don't think anyone in Houston knows what that stalk even does!

K STS
07-24-09, 08:34 AM
hahhaha. living in dallas/fort worth, i know EXACTLY what you mean.

tigers2007
08-13-09, 03:20 AM
Any of you clowns have access to an updated Vetronix Tech II scan tool? I'm curious if the 3 blinky option could be added to existing STS'. I had a '06 Ram diesel a couple years ago and my buddy that worked for DCX "borrowed" a StarSCAN for the weekend. I added the turn signal "3-blink" option, all headlights on option (you can have your fogs, normal, and high beams on all at the same time), play with nav controls while driving, etc.

K STS
08-13-09, 01:06 PM
THREAD RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I have a Tech II at work.

ewill3rd
08-13-09, 01:12 PM
We have 5 of them, it doesn't matter.
This is not programmable, you either have it or you don't.

Sorry... I'd comment more but I have to blow up some balloons and get back to the circus.
:D

OlManRivah
08-13-09, 04:23 PM
What a crude feature. Has to blink 3 times. Suppose I want 4 times or 2 times. Gosh, I'd get rid of that feature. :stirpot:

MacMuse
08-13-09, 04:34 PM
Drove my brother-in-law's Sebring convertible for a few days last week, and it has the blink-3 "feature". Annoyed the heck out of me. Couldn't find the sweet spot where it triggered 3 blinks and just got one 80% of the time, permanently on 15%, and 3 blinks every other full moon - usually when I was just practicing and didn't even want to really change lanes. And I want 4 blinks too.

OlManRivah
08-13-09, 06:30 PM
don't you just hate these Cadillac features that don't behave exactly the way you want? Like everybody's flashers have to flash 3 times.....Maybe they could offer a 3 flash option, and a 2 flash option, and a 4 flash option. Maybe an option that only works when you're texting.......

WillySTS
08-13-09, 06:32 PM

Izzis that same thread???:rant2:

Sheesh...you guys are a tough crowd!:thepan:

Caroutisine
08-15-09, 11:40 AM
I really didn't like this feature on the cars I have driven that had it. Maybe Cadillac didn't add this to the STS on purpose?

ewill3rd
08-15-09, 12:07 PM
I'm used to holding the lever down, frankly I find it kind of annoying to have it blink automatically 3 times whether you want it to or not.