: EVAP Purge Solenoid

UNKUT
06-09-09, 02:27 AM
My SES light is illuminated and giving me DTC P0443. This gives me the following DTC:

EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve 1 Control Circuit

Now my question is..... where exactly is the "Purge Solenoid" located? Is it the same thing as the "Evaporative Emissions Canister Purge Solenoid" on top of the N*? I notice the DTC also says "Valve 1 Control Circuit". Is this all within the same unit? To be honest I've spent hours searching and still do not have a clear idea of exactly what part to replace to get rid of this problem! If anyone has knowledge in this area please post up..... I'm pullin my hair out over here!

UNKUT
06-09-09, 03:17 AM
Ok so I'm guessing the picture below is of the EVAP Purge Solenoid, correct? Now would replacing this correct my P0443 code? Or is there something I'm missing? The whole "Valve 1 Control Circuit" part of the code has me thinking twice. Anyone???

If this is the culprit, I looked into the replacement part at RockAuto and it has 2 seperate ones. Would it be ACDELCO Part # 214646, or ACDELCO Part # 2141363??? I have the 2000 DTS.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/chris-l/Caddy/DSC_0861.jpg

Ranger
06-09-09, 10:14 AM
Is it the same thing as the "Evaporative Emissions Canister Purge Solenoid" on top of the N*?Yes, one in the same. I think that is it in the picture, but I don't know why it says "valve 1". I didn't think there where more than one.

UNKUT
06-09-09, 11:33 PM
Well today I dug into the project and when removing the Evap Solenoid to clean it I noticed one of the two wires had seperated. Since a new connector was $35 I repaied my broken one and it got rid of the SES light and the P0443 code..... FINALLY!!! Now onto fix the EBTCM......:bomb:

STSS
06-10-09, 10:44 AM
Good find... Free fixes are great!

dkozloski
06-10-09, 01:58 PM
Exactly like the code stated, you had a problem with the circuit and not the valve. Close reading can save you time and trouble. When you see the word circuit, think connectors and wiring.

flchipper
08-31-10, 04:03 PM
was that soleniod on top of intake?

Submariner409
08-31-10, 06:33 PM
was that soleniod on top of intake?

In your Deville the EVAP purge solenoid is the cylinder with vacuum line and electrical connector which extends from the back (driver's foot) side of the throttlebody.