: There goes my local dealer

iametarq
06-08-09, 06:46 PM
I was at my local GM sales guy's home fixing his computer, he also sold me my Seville. I really did not want to ask how the dealer was doing with all of the GM changes, and I had not heard anything about them either, so I assumed they were safe.

He asked how my work was going and so I recipricated and asked how the dealership was doing, and he said that they lost their Cadillac section, so they are only a Chevy dealer now. :mad:

This leaves me with very hard decisions to make for whenever we by our next vehicle, or even need 'dealer only' service on my Seville. Our NEAREST Cadillac Dealership now over 1 hour away and he wasn't sure they'd even be safe. I hate the thought of having to take a whole day off work to drive to the dealership. I'd have to get a hotel room if the car had to stay over night! :brutal:

Damn. I just had to vent.

ryannel2003
06-08-09, 07:23 PM
Cadillac is losing many, many dealerships to focus on being a leaner brand with more sales per store than they currently have. NC is losing quite a few Cadillac stores (the one I currently work at is safe, thank jesus!) but since we're paired with Pontiac, GMC, and Buick I have a feeling we're going to have to designate a whole new showroom just for Caddy, which wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

It's unfortunate, but I guess its what has to be done. Sorry to hear about your dealership. It's always sad when one goes down.

tdyguy2k
06-08-09, 08:17 PM
The dealership my brother works at is losing their Cadillac section and gaining a Buick section. I plan to continue going there for service, especially since my bro is their lead mechanic. Hopefully there will never be a problem.

RightTurn
06-09-09, 12:44 AM
Well, that sucks. :alchi:

CIWS
06-09-09, 11:29 AM
You can still go there for service, it's a GM dealership.

Jesda
06-09-09, 11:39 AM
I think its weird for a GM dealer to lose Cadillac but keep Chevy?

iametarq
06-09-09, 11:53 AM
You can still go there for service, it's a GM dealership.

I think you are right, for out of warranty work I am sure I can still go there. But Warranty work, they won't be able to do, I am told.

Ranger
06-09-09, 12:40 PM
I fail to understand how GM thinks that fewer and farther apart dealerships is going to help sales. Most people do not do their own work, especially when it is under warranty. I would think convenience would be a major factor in a new car purchase.

RightTurn
06-09-09, 03:34 PM
Agree. I have passed on more than one car purchase because I didn't want to drive for hours to get service.

iametarq
06-09-09, 05:06 PM
Agree. I have passed on more than one car purchase because I didn't want to drive for hours to get service.

This is going to be critical in our next purchase, because we are classified as "rural" area, we only have in my town, Subaru, Ford, Audi, Chevy, Buick, Chrysler, and I think GMC...that might be leaving too.

Along with Cadillac we've lost Pontiac and Jeep. I guess when the Seville is replaced in several years I could try for a Lincoln. At least its local. :(

I'm really leaning toward a Ford Edge for our convertible replacement in 2010. I'm not a fan of the rear end on the Chevy Traverse.

tdyguy2k
06-09-09, 08:01 PM
With the way the government is doing things, and the cars that they want built, my next car may come from Germany. The very last thing that I want to drive is some ugly little POS hybrid, which is what it seems that Obama wants to shove down America's throats.

Rodya234
06-09-09, 08:22 PM
^I want an RS5 anyways. It's my next option if GM stops making good cars.

Rodya234
06-09-09, 08:26 PM
I fail to understand how GM thinks that fewer and farther apart dealerships is going to help sales. Most people do not do their own work, especially when it is under warranty. I would think convenience would be a major factor in a new car purchase.

It won't help sales. It will force an increase in the price of cars, by stopping dealers from competing with each other because there will be too few of them.

gary88
06-09-09, 08:28 PM
Come to the dark side, ist gut :lildevil:

MauiV
06-10-09, 05:12 PM

How many Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Lexus, Infiniti, Volvo, Audi, VW, Mercedes, BMW etc dealers do you see outside of major urban areas? I dont see many either but I do see those cars everywhere.

I think there are 7 Cadi dealers within 55 miles of my house and nearly 40 Chevy dealers. I would say thats a bit overkill. When GM had a 65% market share maybe it made sense, but not now.

RightTurn
06-10-09, 09:49 PM
With the way the government is doing things, and the cars that they want built, my next car may come from Germany.

Agree.

Destroyer
06-11-09, 07:22 AM
When GM had a 65% market share maybe it made sense, but not now.That sounds just like the GM commercial on TV. :cool2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-oEudd6AYM&seo=goo_|_2009_GM_Project_Blue_Branding_|_Project_ Blue_YouTube_|_General_Motors_3_|_commercial_gm

MauiV
06-11-09, 01:34 PM
When your right your right. Glad they agree with me.