: Pioneer Avic-N or Avic-D Unit ?

ThumperPup
06-08-09, 05:07 PM
OK i have been seriously consider 3 unites over the past few weeks and i thought i had decided on one but then i decided no

so its between the Pioneer Avic-n4 or Pioneer avic-D3 or a factory unite
but i think id be better off with the pioneer because of the touch screan and more features
Does anyone have a prefence between these and wich ones like like better and more ?

Thank you

Ross Pup

Or am i totaly off here is the Factory unnite a better unit to go with and if so please give you input on why
so i can decide wich way to go over the next week also how had is it to navigate threw the factory system without being a touch screan

CadillacSTS42005
06-08-09, 07:45 PM
d3
worlds nicer than flipscreen
or stock nav
thats what i did

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2464/81/0/35107119/n35107119_32639726_1373575.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1738/81/0/35107119/n35107119_32466125_8402.jpg

ThumperPup
06-08-09, 08:32 PM
is it easier to navigate threw screans and modes on the stock navi becouse its not touch screan is it ?

also is it easy to learn to use
when its not bypassed are you able to rerout yoruself if your driving or do you have to be in park to rerout or find a POI do you have to stop
the other thing is i think i am goign to do the Stock im going to get with you on the PM from the other day and get that to you for the harness you said you can make for me
the other thing is i am really woried if i go and put it in myself that im going to break somthing when pulling the panels off or that im going to get it in and it wont be workign right so i need to find somewhere to acutaly put it in
i know evyeorne says its simple to do im just scared that im going to mess somthing up
is wish there was a picture of somone acutaly removing there stock system so i could fallow it and see exactly what they do to pry center wood gran out and then pull the radio out i know some have said how to be im one of those that can not do somting without seeing how to wich is hard to do from just words

does anyone have photos with how to steps on doing this pehraps

and also when i do it if i do it myself how do i wire in a cd changer like if i get the navi from a 2003 do i have to get a changer froma 2003 also and how do i wire that in

CadillacSTS42005
06-08-09, 08:35 PM
adding a 02+ changer is a matter of adding 2 wires from the radio plug to the nav plug
rewiring for the nav isnt too hard
the factory nav is indeed touch screen
the factory nav is also bypassable just have to enter it every time is all

ThumperPup
06-08-09, 09:09 PM
oh cool i had no idea it was touch screan
when i get the harness that you said you can make for me
will i have to actualy cut and splice wires or will it just plug right into thte plut that went into the old factory radio and then plug into the back of the navi and that will also let me use my steering wheel controsl
or will there be some actual cut and splicing that i will have to do
that i was also confused about
happy to know its a touch screan

i just wish i could get a diagram and see some pics of someone acutlay removing the old radio and instaling the new one becouse im afread i dont know how to take the old one out and i know i have read how to ones in the forums but for me if i dont see it doen its hard for me to understnad and do it

CadillacSTS42005
06-08-09, 09:13 PM
nope
wheel controls work just fine

ThumperPup
06-10-09, 12:20 AM
i was also reading that these are voice promt so does that mean that if im playing a cd that it will mut ethe cd when it is time for me to torn or tkae antoerh road and it will come out over teh speakers where i should go ?

ThumperPup
06-10-09, 01:51 PM
One more ? for you navi gurus

i was wondering

is one year better than the other like is a 02 03 04 or 05 better than the other or have difrant options or somthing in it
i found a few 03s on ebay for 499

and one 02 deville navi unite for like 300 on ebay or was it 350

also do i have to look for a specific part number or can i use any navi unit that came out of a 2002-2004 seville and a 2002 - 2005 deville
thanks

mtflight
06-10-09, 03:00 PM
Here's my Avic F90BT

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/mtflight/dhs/IMG_0597.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/mtflight/dhs/IMG_0676.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/mtflight/dhs/IMG_0602.jpg
color-matched the buttons' light

ThumperPup
06-10-09, 03:12 PM
thanks for showing the pick that looks awesome but i have decided im going to go with the OEM factory navi
and Jason is going to help and show me how to put it in over the summer

but how did you get the cadilac and bose screan to come up on a aftermarket unite

mtflight
06-10-09, 03:23 PM
thanks for showing the pick that looks awesome but i have decided im going to go with the OEM factory navi
and Jason is going to help and show me how to put it in over the summer

but how did you get the cadilac and bose screan to come up on a aftermarket unite

it's a loading screen. Jay helped me install a factory nav on mine too. In the end I had too many gadgets so I decided to go aftermarket and my nav went to N*Caddy in Canada for his project.

I did love the way the unit looked as far as visual integration

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/mtflight/dhs/photo.jpg

ThumperPup
06-10-09, 11:53 PM
it's a loading screen. Jay helped me install a factory nav on mine too. In the end I had too many gadgets so I decided to go aftermarket and my nav went to N*Caddy in Canada for his project.

cool cool

i cant wait just another month sometime in the middle or end of july i will hav emy navi unite
I found someone on ebay with a unite from a 2002 deville for like 300
but i found one from a power seller on car audio and nave unites for 499 with the owners manual and disks and all and with a warranty not to be DOA
so i think the one for 499 is the way im going to go i also have to find out how mouch the PGS antena is and if it has to come from a dealer or if i can find it cheap somewhere els
im hoping that after all is said and doen i can try and stay under 900
i am thinking at first im going to not do the cd cahnger to save a little bit not mouch but it would save like 100 80 for the changer and 20 for the shiping so it will save 100 if i do it withhout the changer to start with but will still wire it up for the changer so all i hav eto do is plug it in when i do get it if that is possible

also can you adap anyting like a blue tooth to this
i was wondering
becouse i would love to be able to use my cell phone from it but i am not sure i know some aftermarket unites alow you to

mtflight
06-11-09, 11:13 AM
I think a Kenwood GPS antenna works, and it's what I bought. There may be others, ask Jason. Yes bluetooth is possible if you get the bluestar kit... using your built-in Onstar equipment. Lots of members have it and it is plug and play. ~200 or so. do a search on that on here and you'll find it. it repurposes your mirror's Onstar buttons as a phone, taking away the voice recognition capabilities for the nav (an extra $100 to have the dealer program the VCIM, though not sure if it would work on a 2000--I know people who had it working on the 2002). You could use the aux input (from Jay's harness) to play your iPod or whatever through it, who uses CDs anymore? jk

ThumperPup
06-11-09, 11:36 AM
i also found this unite on ebay today wow starting bid 150
I am not sure if this is the right unite i know that ihave been told find a 2002 -2005 deville or a 2002 - 2004 seville navi unite

but does it have to be a surten part number
and if so will this unit work
i dont want to bid on it and end up with a unite that is not good for my car

THanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280356935767&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

mtflight
06-11-09, 12:17 PM
i also found this unite on ebay today wow starting bid 150
I am not sure if this is the right unite i know that ihave been told find a 2002 -2005 deville or a 2002 - 2004 seville navi unite

but does it have to be a surten part number
and if so will this unit work
i dont want to bid on it and end up with a unite that is not good for my car

THanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280356935767&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Yup if it is from an 05 DTS it will work. nice find!

ThumperPup
06-11-09, 12:58 PM
Yup if it is from an 05 DTS it will work. nice find!

it says it is form a 2003 not 2005
so is it the same thing i just want to make sure the part number and all is goign to work and it wont give me trouble
this is from a 2003 deville

mtflight
06-11-09, 01:02 PM
it says it is form a 2003 not 2005
so is it the same thing i just want to make sure the part number and all is goign to work and it wont give me trouble
this is from a 2003 deville

My bad. Yes it will work. What you need is the repinned harness.

ThumperPup
06-11-09, 01:09 PM
just placed my bid hope i win :)

mtflight
06-11-09, 03:19 PM
looks like "the seller ended because the item is no longer for sale." I hope that was you that got it.

ThumperPup
06-11-09, 05:00 PM
looks like "the seller ended because the item is no longer for sale." I hope that was you that got it.

nope was not that lucky :( sad whimpers and barks LOL

there are 3 other ones on ebay but only 2 that im intrested in and they are 500 plus shiping and wont have the cash untill july to spend that mouch
and the auctions end in 20 days so im hoping they dont sell and they repost them

ThumperPup
06-11-09, 08:28 PM

are all the navi unites OEM made by bose
the ones i see that you and Jason posted in your photos say BOSE on them the ones i see on Ebay from 2002 and 2003 models do not say bose on them it just says theftlock
so am i getting one that is a bose unit or is it not a bose unit and will i have trouble becouse i have the bose system in there right now