: I think We Are DEFINETLY Gonna See a CTS-V COUPE!!!!

cmicasa
06-06-09, 10:44 PM
Was watching AUTOLINE (at this LINK:http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1320/1?play) (http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1320/1?play)

And BOB Lutz is talking about the AUTO TASK FORCE and how they were NOT putting their nose in the design and production aspect of the company's cars. He says as he is leading them thru the design studio towards the "Small cars and small SUVs" they came upon a CTS-V COUPE. Bob tried to move them along, but the Taskforce was WOWED by the CTS-V COUPE.

Point is that we knew about the CTS Coupe coming in 2010.. but the CTS-V Coupe signals that the Vseries program is not totally gone.

The interview with BOB LUTZ give a lot of positive and optimistic information about the "NEW GM".. it goes on with interviews with the BRILLIANT Ed Welburn and Bob Lutz's replacement Tom Stephens

Stingray23
06-06-09, 11:20 PM
I'm sure pics will start popping up soon. I hope its gonna be lighter then the sedan

8speed
06-06-09, 11:29 PM
I'm sure pics will start popping up soon. I hope its gonna be lighter then the sedan

It has to be..........no one would pay 70k for a 4,200 lbs sports coupe! And it will have to be faster, because the "fastest production sedan" around the ring slogan won't cut it either:cool:

Given the current climate of GM and the auto industry in general, I have my doubts about this car coming to fruition.....but it sounds dope!

N8dawg
06-07-09, 01:55 AM
Who cares about a coupe, I want a Vagen!

8speed
06-07-09, 08:40 AM
GM will not/ever compete with the Germans especially Audi with Avants! New RS6 wagon is dope status!

neuronbob
06-07-09, 08:50 AM
Who cares about a coupe, I want a Vagen!

THAT would be the ultimate sleeper, especially debadged. :)

Uriel
06-07-09, 11:00 AM
.......And regardless of curb weight, the New GM Company will sell every CTS-V Coupe that is built. And dealerships will not sell for less than MSRP either. You betcha! You gotta remember, real enthusiasts buy on emotion. After all, who really needs a hulking Escalade or a 556 hp Super Sedan. I certainly don't NEED my V2. I WANTED it, lusted for it. So, I got mine, YOU got yours --- end of story! Oh yeah, I will buy the 4200 lb CTS-V Coupe as soon as it hits my local dealers Showroom floor, and I'll bet you that real enthusiasts will be envious ... no doubt about it!

cmicasa
06-07-09, 11:37 AM
GM will not/ever compete with the Germans especially Audi with Avants! New RS6 wagon is dope status!

Coming from a guy who actually spent real money on what could be the UGLIEST hi-performance Sports/Luxo Sedan in the universe.. I think I will not take your words as anything but drivel. :cloud9:

I would like to point out that if a CTS-Wagaon-V shows up.. it will... just like the regular CTS and the CTS-V.. murder the German competition.

Seriously dude.. did U really buy that ugly ass Toyota???:cookoo:

Take it back.. take the loss... save up some more... and go buy a Cadillac that will make U feel better about your life.:yup:

cmicasa
06-07-09, 11:44 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/Waywardx/ctscoupeconceptlive01.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/Waywardx/0009ctscoupeps5.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/Waywardx/cadillac_sportwagon_05.jpg

NOW THAT'S HOT!!!:patriot:

concorso
06-07-09, 12:11 PM
Coming from a guy who actually spent real money on what could be the UGLIEST hi-performance Sports/Luxo Sedan in the universe.. I think I will not take your words as anything but drivel. :cloud9:

I would like to point out that if a CTS-Wagaon-V shows up.. it will... just like the regular CTS and the CTS-V.. murder the German competition.

Seriously dude.. did U really buy that ugly ass Toyota???:cookoo:

Take it back.. take the loss... save up some more... and go buy a Cadillac that will make U feel better about your life.:yup:Murder? Really? The RS6 in either form makes 570 hp, and a whole heap of twin turbo tq. And the V certainly doesn't murder an M5. Seriously, bud. you type like youre the product of special ed.

That Lexus is butt ugly tho and an underperformer. 8speed has been sniffin' a little too much superglue.

vperl
06-07-09, 01:57 PM
Quote=8speed;1901700]GM will not/ever compete with the Germans especially Audi with Avants! New RS6 wagon is dope status![/quote]

You mentioned you were "deploying" what unit ?
Which side?

Love my V.

Get some friends you'll feel better about yourself , say hello to olde Bin for me...

Uriel
06-07-09, 02:49 PM
$ for $ spent our V2 will absolutly MURDER any Modded Euro Super Sedan or Coupe. American Iron, American Muscle cannot be beaten. If you Doubt, then Check it out.

Rodya234
06-07-09, 04:21 PM
If they shave off some weight, I can foresee a sub 7:45 time at the 'ring being possible.

cts-me
06-07-09, 05:02 PM

if your somehow implying that the m3/m5/audi s6 is better then the CTS-V im a little confused to hear this from an is-f owner.

When i think of the sport sedan category, i think of a bunch of great cars like the m3 and m5 and the CTS-V then i think about that ricer. Maybe one day lexus will compete in this segment, but not quite yet.

However Cadillac currently owns the bragging rights to the fastest sports sedan in the world.

I mean after making the is-f so ugly ( i love the faux exhaust tips ) they could have at least made it fast...

chopmeat
06-07-09, 11:04 PM
It's such a beauty!

They way things are going, I don't think we'll see it.
And if we do, it'll be electric...yuk!

tblack
06-08-09, 07:54 PM
Cmicasa, you have kept my dreams alive for another day..... Thank you.

Northern SRX
07-11-09, 03:09 PM
According to Bob Lutz, there's going to be a CTS-V Coupe:

In his conversation with Automobile, Lutz also essentially confirms that next year's Cadillac CTS coupe will be joined by a V-series variant, saying that the CTS-V coupe was the car that had most of the Presidential Task Force members' tongues wagging during the product-pipeline tour they were given by GM. Lutz even hints that a CTS-V wagon is not completely out of the question.

At least according to this Autoblog article that also predicts the G8 staying as a Chevrolet Caprice: BREAKING: Lutz says Pontiac G8 to survive as Chevy Caprice in U.S.; Camaro Z28 reportedly dead (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/11/lutz-pontiac-g8-to-continue-as-chevy-caprice-in-u-s-z28-likel/)

dqw1
07-11-09, 05:41 PM
Any early predictions of where the coupe will be priced? I'm guessing is MSRP at $50k base model.

cmicasa
07-12-09, 12:18 AM
Any early predictions of where the coupe will be priced? I'm guessing is MSRP at $50k base model.

OK.. let's think about it. The CTS sedan is currently starting out at $37K. Generally the Coupe versions of most cars are more expensive. The A5, for example, starts out $8500 more than the A4. I am guessing the CTS Coupe (CTC) comes in at about $40-42K considering the CTS has been getting a price hike every MY since it was redone. To be honest I wouldn't be suprised, with teh upcoming demise of the STS, if the CTS, after a slight update in 2011 (it will be in it's 4th MY) ends up starting in the $40K range with the Coupe hitting $45K. The Alpha based entry level Caddy should be ready by then.

Mazz
07-12-09, 02:24 AM
now a days a lot of caddies r poping on the streets like the sts, cts,xlr especially the V's

with such news im gonna stick with my 2008 sts-v up untill i hear word from the dealer about pre-ordering the cts-v coupe, iv owned an eldorado and that mofo flys and after a 99 sts and that too flys and still have that with a new addition of the V
hell the american market seriously got my hooked to american muscle
now i feel like a kid waiting for his presents >_<

dqw1
07-12-09, 10:40 AM
OK.. let's think about it. The CTS sedan is currently starting out at $37K. Generally the Coupe versions of most cars are more expensive. The A5, for example, starts out $8500 more than the A4. I am guessing the CTS Coupe (CTC) comes in at about $40-42K considering the CTS has been getting a price hike every MY since it was redone. To be honest I wouldn't be suprised, with teh upcoming demise of the STS, if the CTS, after a slight update in 2011 (it will be in it's 4th MY) ends up starting in the $40K range with the Coupe hitting $45K. The Alpha based entry level Caddy should be ready by then.
I'm saying the V coupe would be at $50k. Your price range on the CTS Coupe would be about right then.

mik2718
07-12-09, 12:20 PM
I'm saying the V coupe would be at $50k. Your price range on the CTS Coupe would be about right then.

I'd be very surprised to see a V coupe at $50K. That's substantially less than a 2009 V sedan.

dqw1
07-12-09, 02:48 PM
I'd be very surprised to see a V coupe at $50K. That's substantially less than a 2009 V sedan.
It's wishful thinking on my part. You thinking it'll be higher?

vperl
07-12-09, 02:59 PM
the V-6 version will be about 42K RWD

mik2718
07-12-09, 03:53 PM
It's wishful thinking on my part. You thinking it'll be higher?

I think a V coupe -- no "options" except GGT -- will start a little over $60K. Of course, I really have no idea; that's just a guess.

vperl
07-12-09, 04:17 PM
I think a V coupe -- no "options" except GGT -- will start a little over $60K. Of course, I really have no idea; that's just a guess.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

do you ever think they might build the 2 door V6 direct injection RWD

not any 6.2 blown V8's

Bet that would be great seller to the unwashed.

The v6 Camaro they cannot build them fast enough

mik2718
07-12-09, 05:19 PM

I think they will, but they won't give it a V badge.

vperl
07-12-09, 05:51 PM

not any 6.2 blown V8's

Bet that would be great seller to the unwashed.

The v6 Camaro they cannot build them fast enough

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where is the trim level of the V2 mentioned

you may be reading something there that is not, did I mention no V8's
did I mention V6 direct injection like the other CTS regular trim has....

I am confused you thought Id mentioned the V2 trim anyplace, sorry to confuse you.

Why would GM place a V badge on the V6 cts ?

what is the thread called? CTS Coupe........

my comment was to say, hey they got great selling car in CTS V6 model, like the Camareo that cannot be built fast enough

mik2718
07-12-09, 06:50 PM
what is the thread called? CTS Coupe........

The original thread is called "I think We Are DEFINETLY Gonna See a CTS-V COUPE!!!!"

vperl
07-12-09, 07:08 PM
The original thread is called "I think We Are DEFINETLY Gonna See a CTS-V COUPE!!!!"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Great, then you knew I was mentioning the V6 CTS coupe.

The you understood...

Originally Posted by vperl http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/171505-i-think-we-definetly-gonna-see-post1937349.html#post1937349)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

That was and is very plain, I knew you understood...:thepan:

mik2718
07-12-09, 07:32 PM
Great, then you knew I was mentioning the V6 CTS coupe.

do you ever think they might build the 2 door V6 direct injection RWD[/I]

That was and is very plain, I knew you understood.

Perhaps such a discussion belongs in the "Cadillac CTS Forum - 2008 and beyond," rather than here.

V-Eight
07-12-09, 08:04 PM
^ But yes, it is very likely. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would prefer a coupe to a sedan.

vperl
07-13-09, 01:29 AM
^ But yes, it is very likely. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would prefer a coupe to a sedan.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

and for GM's sake, let us all hope the V6 version with the direct injection
3.6 liter sell like hot cakes.........

That can only help any V trims down the road.....

Yes, I know .. this CTS mentioned is a 6 cylinder. not a V badged car

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-13-09, 07:31 AM
Honestly, I don't give a crap if they sell any v6 CTS coupes.. As long as they make me a CTS-V coupe.

vperl
07-13-09, 10:17 AM
Honestly, I don't give a crap if they sell any v6 CTS coupes.. As long as they make me a CTS-V coupe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Gee Whiz, guess you care not that GM neds to sell tons of vehicles so that they will be around to build a 3rd generation of the V and go forward.

But I guess if GM cannot sell enough vehicles you can alway buy your euro snobs vehicles...

Oh, and just one more thing, I'd like to see GM pay back that money that they took, but that must be me only, that must just be me .

CIWS
07-13-09, 10:38 AM
FINALLY ! some official word mentioned in another article.

"In his conversation with Automobile, Lutz also essentially confirms that next year's Cadillac CTS coupe will be joined by a V-series variant, saying that the CTS-V coupe was the car that had most of the Presidential Task Force members' tongues wagging during the product-pipeline tour they were given by GM. Lutz even hints that a CTS-V wagon is not completely out of the question. (We'll take the wagon in brown, with the stick, Bob.)"

Fracken A !

Also as per the main topic, the G8 will be rebadged as a Chevy and not lost. :D

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/11/lutz-pontiac-g8-to-continue-as-chevy-caprice-in-u-s-z28-likel/