: Navigation/dvd

CaddiLukKing
06-06-09, 05:44 PM
Hello, I have a 2007 DTS performance just picked it up from Mannheim dealer auction.... I was wondering if it's normal for the NAV/DVD to stay on after the engine and the door has been closed...
Now when i say it stays on i dont mean the screen stays on, i mean it makes some kind of electrical current noise, very minute, but none the less its there behind the NAV.
IS IT OK???, its not going to drain the battery is it? the volt meter reads between 12.4 and 14.7

chazglenn3
06-06-09, 09:55 PM
It is the cooling fan on the unit running. It runs for a while, but won't kill your battery. The nav unit in my car does it too.

CaddiLukKing
06-06-09, 10:37 PM
it is the cooling fan on the unit running. It runs for a while, but won't kill your battery. The nav unit in my car does it too.

thank you...

I C you have a BRONZEMIST.. STS... MY Deville was a spotless BRONZEMIST 209K miles... I loved that car and the color... may it rest in peace... (accident was no my fault... a Transit authority pick up truck, making a left turn came accross my path i had no where to turn except a curb or right in to him... slammed into him at about 45 MPH.)
Take good care of yours... thanks again for info..

chazglenn3
06-07-09, 10:26 AM
Thanks! Yes, the bronzemist is a beautiful color. Mine isn't spotless, but still looks good overall. I need the bumper covers repainted.

CaddiLukKing
06-07-09, 06:10 PM
It is the cooling fan on the unit running. It runs for a while, but won't kill your battery. The nav unit in my car does it too.

Hey Again... I know what you mean about the paint being scuffed on the front bumper.. it may run up to 500$ for the bumper alone, and that is just out of this world...

So, my car has been turned off since 6pm last night, this morning around 9 am, i get in it and im still hearing the "fan" going... when does it turn off? does your fan stay on all the time? or have you learned to ignore it ? LOL
Thanks..

chazglenn3
06-08-09, 09:30 PM
When you pressed the remote to unlock the door or opened the door, you "woke up" the car. It was off until then. It isn't on all the time. If you want to verify it, leave the window open, and go out and listen about 45 minutes later...

chazglenn3
06-08-09, 09:31 PM
And the scuffed bumper covers are going to stay that way...that is too much money for me!