: Another tire question

KARL DAHLEN
06-05-09, 11:09 AM
Has anyone had any experience with Dunlop SP Sport Signature 235/50/17 95V as a replacement for the Michelins on a STS DI V6?

Tire Rack rates them highly but does not list them as a fitment for the STS. This is Dunlop's High Performance All-Season radial developed to deliver year-round performance for the drivers of sport cars, sporty coupes and performance sedans. The SP Sport Signature is designed to blend treadwear, handling and traction on dry and wet roads, as well as in light snow. They are also about half the cost of the Michelins. I have Dunlop signatures on my wife's minivan and I am very happy with them so far. Very quiet.

Thanks

z06bigbird
06-05-09, 12:44 PM
No experience with them. I am going to purchase the new Michelin Pilot Sport Plus A/S. Expensive tires, but what else am I going to do with my $$. Besides, I have never seen a funeral hearse with a luggage rack on it.

lreddiablo
06-05-09, 05:40 PM
No experience with them. I am going to purchase the new Michelin Pilot Sport Plus A/S. Expensive tires, but what else am I going to do with my $$. Besides, I have never seen a funeral hearse with a luggage rack on it.

Let me know your results with those tires when u get them, those are the ones I am zeroing in on in a few k miles when I need new tires

dhemrick
06-05-09, 08:21 PM
Let me know your results with those tires when u get them, those are the ones I am zeroing in on in a few k miles when I need new tires

I put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my STS-V about 4K miles ago, and I have been VERY happy with them. Very quiet tires, great grip and the best ride of the three sets of tires I have had on that car so far.

Vince59
06-07-09, 02:39 PM
I'm looking at new tires for my 08 STS 4, I intentionally bought a car with 17's because of the bombed out streets in Chicago, in less than 2 months the potholes have dented by RF wheel three times:banghead:.

I'm thinking of putting 235/55/17 as that sidewall will give me .46 of an inch of taller sidewall to save the wheels from the mean streets of Chicago.

I'm also considering the Kumho Ecsta ASX strongly as these tires recieved good reviews at the Tire Rack.

next2pool
06-07-09, 10:31 PM
I just installed the Kumhos and they are great in all respects, although we don't get snow in southern AZ. The Michelins were junk, but they were also worn out at just 30K

lreddiablo
06-08-09, 05:20 PM
I put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my STS-V about 4K miles ago, and I have been VERY happy with them. Very quiet tires, great grip and the best ride of the three sets of tires I have had on that car so far.

Thnaks, I think I have a winner!

EChas3
06-08-09, 07:55 PM
I think there's an improved model of the Pilot Sport A/S. I'm leaning that way for my wife's car, too. She has Blizzaks for Nov-April.

C&C
06-09-09, 06:48 AM
I replaced my original tires with the Pilot Sport A/S (I like them a lot so far). And yes, there is now a Pilot Sport A/S Plus; don't know about them but I believe there have been some favorable reports from others.

Force-1
06-09-09, 09:10 AM
I put the Kumho ASX on my car shortly after purchase, and am very pleased with them. They have about 16,000 miles on them now, no issues.

Continental has a new Ultra High Performance All-Season that will fit the STS - ExtremeContact DWS (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS). Nice looking tire.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/Conti%20tire%20intro%20014%20Alpha.jpg

bbshriver
06-09-09, 09:29 AM
I'm looking at new tires for my 08 STS 4, I intentionally bought a car with 17's because of the bombed out streets in Chicago, in less than 2 months the potholes have dented by RF wheel three times:banghead:.

I'm thinking of putting 235/55/17 as that sidewall will give me .46 of an inch of taller sidewall to save the wheels from the mean streets of Chicago.

I'm also considering the Kumho Ecsta ASX strongly as these tires recieved good reviews at the Tire Rack.

I recently got 245/50/17... a little wider, nicer stance, and also taller. Might work for you as well. I believe a 255 will fit as well.