: Windows down from keyfob?

kevinscaddy01STS
06-05-09, 12:40 AM
i heard from somone on here that you can roll down the windows remotely from the keyfob...i tried several things and couldnt figure it out...how do i do it? here is a pic of the keyfob...please help!!!

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss182/ktgamt85/DSC00869.jpg

Dadollac1
06-05-09, 07:12 AM
I know you can roll them up but I never heard anything about rolling them down with the fob?:nono:

next2pool
06-05-09, 11:37 AM
Up only

Dadollac1
06-05-09, 11:43 AM
Yep:duck:

fredolan
06-06-09, 10:37 AM
OK. How do you get them up with FOB?

next2pool
06-06-09, 11:15 AM
After you exit, press and hold the lock button on the fob, and any open windows should close.

bigdog9586
06-06-09, 11:32 AM
True except for the sunroof which should have been included too but you know Cadillac, they sit on their brains and make what could be a world class car into a joke. My wife used to drive my Colorado 4 X 4 as she is short and liked sitting up high but when I traded it for my HHR last year before gas went sky high I gave her back the STS as I enjoy the HHR much more than the STS as Chevy seems to do things better than CAddy. For example my sun roof opens with the push ONE time compared to twice, my rear windows go ALL the way down, my radio buttons go up and down my selected stations insead of just once, and when I pull into a store and turn of the HHR while the wife runs in my radio does NOT shut off when she opens the door like the STS does. Just when MY door is opened does it shut off. The list goes on but you get the picture.
======================

After you exit, press and hold the lock button on the fob, and any open windows should close.

dkozloski
06-06-09, 12:28 PM
To open the sunroof with one push you press the button past the second click.

K STS
06-07-09, 10:13 PM
True except for the sunroof which should have been included too but you know Cadillac, they sit on their brains and make what could be a world class car into a joke. My wife used to drive my Colorado 4 X 4 as she is short and liked sitting up high but when I traded it for my HHR last year before gas went sky high I gave her back the STS as I enjoy the HHR much more than the STS as Chevy seems to do things better than CAddy. For example my sun roof opens with the push ONE time compared to twice, my rear windows go ALL the way down, my radio buttons go up and down my selected stations insead of just once, and when I pull into a store and turn of the HHR while the wife runs in my radio does NOT shut off when she opens the door like the STS does. Just when MY door is opened does it shut off. The list goes on but you get the picture.
======================

oh shit im bout to trade in my sts for a colorado!

next2pool
06-07-09, 11:02 PM
I got a chuckle out of that one! But, last weekend i spent time with my college bud and he has a new colorado. I totally canged my mind on it--from total shit to quite a nice vehicle. BTW Isuzu did most of the engineering.

EChas3
06-09-09, 09:12 PM
To open the sunroof with one push you press the button past the second click.

Not so in my 2006 1SG AWD w' ACC. It still stops at 75% open. But it does seem to be a two position switch!

Lifer
06-10-09, 10:05 AM
Not so in my 2006 1SG AWD w' ACC. It still stops at 75% open. But it does seem to be a two position switch!

Agreed.

K STS
06-12-09, 10:38 AM
Mine goes all the way back with the push of one button.

ascariSTS
06-12-09, 02:14 PM
I heard that 05 STS' remote can open windows. Only in 2005. Im not sure.

K STS
06-13-09, 03:44 PM
nah wrong.

themightymezzo
06-16-09, 10:33 AM
Mine won't roll up on my STS. Any ideas? Is this an option on certain models?

next2pool
06-16-09, 10:06 PM
I don't think any ever did nor will in the near future.

themightymezzo
06-17-09, 07:55 AM
I tried doing mine several ways and still unable to get them to roll up. It must've been an optional thing or maybe mines screwed up?

Angus Young
06-17-09, 09:01 AM
My 05 1sg will not close the windows with the fob, I press and hold the lock button but still the windows stay open

Dadollac1
06-17-09, 09:14 AM
I don't know what's going on with your cars but my 05 1SG has that feature and I've used it many times with no problems.:cloud9:

Dirny
06-17-09, 10:03 AM
I don't know what's going on with your cars but my 05 1SG has that feature and I've used it many times with no problems.:cloud9:

I also have a 05 1SG....

A few questions, please-

Did you buy the car new? Did it always work that way?

What actions do you take to make it happen?

-shut off car
-get out
-hit lock button once and hold? Hit button twice and hold on second time?

Or??

Does it also close the sunroof if open?

Thanks for helping the rest of us out.

Dirny
06-17-09, 10:10 AM

I also have a 05 1SG....

A few questions, please-

Did you buy the car new? Did it always work that way?

What actions do you take to make it happen?

-shut off car
-get out
-hit lock button once and hold? Hit button twice and hold on second time?

Or??

Thanks for helping the rest of us out.

themightymezzo
06-17-09, 11:06 AM
I'm thinking it must've been an option then. I would think that it's a standard security feature on all models but it's not sounding like it or some of ours are broken...or we're doing it wrong.

Would be nice to have a definite answer though.

Dadollac1
06-17-09, 11:34 AM
I am the 2nd owner of this car but had it now for a year.This is what I do:After exiting my car with the windows down (1 or all 4 it doesn't matter) I then press the lock icon on my key fob and hold it and whatever windows are down will roll up, all the way. The sunroof is not included in this action only the windows.It has worked for me ever since I have owned my STS4 so I don't know what the previous owner had done.

themightymezzo
06-17-09, 11:40 AM
I wonder if it's an option in the menus on the radio. I'm gonna go take a look. I doubt it but ya never know.

themightymezzo
06-17-09, 01:56 PM
Nope nothing in the owners manual or in the setup menus.

Dadollac1
06-17-09, 09:18 PM
mightymezzo ,Please read page 2-19 in your owners manual for more info.:hide:

themightymezzo
06-18-09, 07:26 AM
mightymezzo ,Please read page 2-19 in your owners manual for more info.:hide:

Going out to read it now........

themightymezzo
06-18-09, 08:15 AM
Here is the page. I'm not sure what I'm looking for? Maybe it's too early or I'm just totally missing something.

Dadollac1
06-19-09, 05:31 PM
Sorry but in my 05 Owners manual on page 2-19 there is a heading that says: secure car feature and it goes on to say something about this feature.

deucedude2003
06-20-09, 10:35 PM
Hello,
New to the forums and Cadi for that matter...
But just tried my 2006 STS4 and the windows do go up just like the manual says on page 2-6. The manual doesn't say anything about "down" and I've read it 3 times cover to cover, though they will reverse due to anti pinch feature.
You must be outside the vehicle.
The engine must be off.
You must press and hold the lock button more than two seconds, although once they start up you can let go.
The sunroof will not close :annoyed:
Hope this helps!

EChas3
06-21-09, 11:20 PM
There's another thread on 'Windows Up from Fob....', but in case it wasn't seen...

On my 2006, I had to get the dealers service department enable the Windows Up feature but since then, it's worked great. (It wouldn't hurt to ask if yours doesn't work.) I make a point to not leave my sunroof open, it isn't included (drat). If it rains while I'm at work, I use the feature and don't get wet. My wife's 2007 has done it since she got it.

I have not read of anyone having a 'Windows Down from Fob' feature.

themightymezzo
06-22-09, 10:42 AM
Sounds to be like something maybe the dealer has to activate. I will check with my dealer next time I have it in to fix the torque converter problem.

Not sure why it would be deactivated though? I would think this would be a standard feature that's on all the time. I don't see why you would want to shut it off.

I did a search for windows up from FOB but found nothing. I will search again.

MacMuse
06-22-09, 02:28 PM
While we don't have 'windows down with fob...', any with remote start do have an A/C blasting out cool air if they remote start in the heat. I wouldn't let it run more than a couple minutes, but it does help!

themightymezzo
06-22-09, 09:07 PM
I did find several other posts but there was no "solution" in any of those either.

STE_6000
06-23-09, 07:39 AM
ok here are some dumb questions.
this a standard feature for the v8 models of 2005+? if so how do you enable it?

themightymezzo
06-24-09, 06:59 AM
ok here are some dumb questions.
this a standard feature for the v8 models of 2005+? if so how do you enable it?

We've been trying to figure this out. From what it seems there is no option to get the windows down with the remote but the windows should be able to be closed holding the lock button for more than 2 seconds after turning off the car with the windows down and walking away. (works for some and not for others)

We're not sure yet if it didn't come out to the later models in 2005 or if it's something that needs to be activated by the dealer somehow by jumping some relay.

STE_6000
06-24-09, 07:27 AM
We've been trying to figure this out. From what it seems there is no option to get the windows down with the remote but the windows should be able to be closed holding the lock button for more than 2 seconds after turning off the car with the windows down and walking away. (works for some and not for others)

We're not sure yet if it didn't come out to the later models in 2005 or if it's something that needs to be activated by the dealer somehow by jumping some relay.

well thanks for the reply. that stinks. cadillac dealer won't say either way? i saw an option in my radio for window lock but im guessing that is something else.

themightymezzo
06-24-09, 03:45 PM
well thanks for the reply. that stinks. cadillac dealer won't say either way? i saw an option in my radio for window lock but im guessing that is something else.

I'm sure a call to the service advisor would probably settle it. I'm going to ask next time I bring mine in for service and see what they say.

The option in the radio menu is to activate the lock on the passenger side window. If you activate it, when you press down the "rear window lock" button (underneath the driver side window controls) which blocks the rear passengers window control from working it will also block the front passengers window control from working. That is if we're talking about the same option.

STE_6000
06-24-09, 04:22 PM
sounds like we are. hmm im still curious about the window roll up cause i read it in my manual just can't do it.

next2pool
06-24-09, 05:32 PM
Have you tried programming the express up feature for your power windows? If battery power has been interrupted at any point the express up feature won't work and because of that the key fob up feature may not work either. It tells you how to do that under the power window section--takes just a minute or two.

themightymezzo
06-25-09, 07:31 AM
Have you tried programming the express up feature for your power windows? If battery power has been interrupted at any point the express up feature won't work and because of that the key fob up feature may not work either. It tells you how to do that under the power window section--takes just a minute or two.

I've fiddled with mine a good amount. If you're referring to the express up feature that just lets you control the window up and down with one press of the switch then yeah mines on. If "express" means something else then I'm not sure if mine's on or not.

I can control my windows from the driver side by pressing the switch a little down and manually set the desired level that one. If I press it past the point all the way down or pull it all the way up I can then let go of holding the switch and it will continue up or down all the way.

I read on how to turn it on and off and that sounds like the "express" feature. However when I exit the car with the windows down and walk away and hold the lock button for a few seconds it doesn't roll up the windows.

I've tried using both key FOBS as well.

themightymezzo
06-25-09, 07:32 AM
sounds like we are. hmm im still curious about the window roll up cause i read it in my manual just can't do it.

What page in your manual does it talk about this? On the 2nd page of this thread I think I liked the two pages in my manual that talks about security features.

next2pool
06-25-09, 11:28 AM
I've fiddled with mine a good amount. If you're referring to the express up feature that just lets you control the window up and down with one press of the switch then yeah mines on. If "express" means something else then I'm not sure if mine's on or not.

I can control my windows from the driver side by pressing the switch a little down and manually set the desired level that one. If I press it past the point all the way down or pull it all the way up I can then let go of holding the switch and it will continue up or down all the way.

I read on how to turn it on and off and that sounds like the "express" feature. However when I exit the car with the windows down and walk away and hold the lock button for a few seconds it doesn't roll up the windows.

I've tried using both key FOBS as well.

That is what I was referring to, but sounds like your express up is working as it should--sometimes they need to be "re-learned" but sounds like your's is OK. Bummer!